Spatial Analysis of Regional Income Inequality
Download full text from publisher
References listed on IDEAS
- Paci, Raffaele & Pigliaru, Francesco, 1997. "Structural change and convergence: an Italian regional perspective," Structural Change and Economic Dynamics, Elsevier, vol. 8(3), pages 297-318, August.
- Cowell, Frank A & Jenkins, Stephen P, 1995. "How Much Inequality Can We Explain? A Methodology and an Application to the United States," Economic Journal, Royal Economic Society, vol. 105(429), pages 421-430, March.
- Robert J. Barro & Xavier Sala-i-Martin, 1991. "Convergence across States and Regions," Brookings Papers on Economic Activity, Economic Studies Program, The Brookings Institution, vol. 22(1), pages 107-182.
- Shorrocks, Anthony F, 1984. "Inequality Decomposition by Population Subgroups," Econometrica, Econometric Society, vol. 52(6), pages 1369-1385, November.
- Mills, Jeffrey A & Zandvakili, Sourushe, 1997.
"Statistical Inference via Bootstrapping for Measures of Inequality,"
Journal of Applied Econometrics,
John Wiley & Sons, Ltd., vol. 12(2), pages 133-150, March-Apr.
- Jeffrey A. Mills & Sourushe Zandvakili, 1999. "Statistical Inference via Bootstrapping for Measures of Inequality," Macroeconomics 9902003, EconWPA.
- Durlauf, Steven N. & Quah, Danny T., 1999.
"The new empirics of economic growth,"
Handbook of Macroeconomics,in: J. B. Taylor & M. Woodford (ed.), Handbook of Macroeconomics, edition 1, volume 1, chapter 4, pages 235-308
- Steven N. Durlauf & Danny T. Quah, 1998. "The New Empirics of Economic Growth," NBER Working Papers 6422, National Bureau of Economic Research, Inc.
- Durlauf,S.N. & Quah,D.T., 1998. "The new empirics of economic growth," Working papers 3, Wisconsin Madison - Social Systems.
- Steven N. Durlauf & Danny T. Quah, 1998. "The New Empirics of Economic Growth," Working Papers 98-01-012, Santa Fe Institute.
- S Durlauf & Danny Quah, 1998. "The New Empirics of Economic Growth," CEP Discussion Papers dp0384, Centre for Economic Performance, LSE.
- M. Chatterji & J. H. Ll. Dewhurst, 1996. "Convergence Clubs and Relative Economic Performance in Great Britain: 1977-1991," Regional Studies, Taylor & Francis Journals, vol. 30(1), pages 31-39.
- Amnon Levy & Khorshed Chowdhury, 1995. "A Geographical Decomposition of Intercountry Income Inequality," Comparative Economic Studies, Palgrave Macmillan;Association for Comparative Economic Studies, vol. 37(4), pages 1-17, December.
- Zheng, Buhong & J. Cushing, Brian, 2001. "Statistical inference for testing inequality indices with dependent samples," Journal of Econometrics, Elsevier, vol. 101(2), pages 315-335, April.
- Philip Maxwell & Matthew Peter, 1988. "Income Inequality in Small Regions: A Study of Australian Statistical Divisions," The Review of Regional Studies, Southern Regional Science Association, vol. 18(1), pages 19-27, Winter.
- Juan R. Cuadrado-Roura & BegoÃ±a GarcÃa-Greciano & JosÃ© Luis Raymond, 1999. "Regional Convergence in Productivity and Productive Structure: The Spanish Case," International Regional Science Review, , vol. 22(1), pages 35-53, April.
- Carlos R. Azzoni, 2001. "Economic growth and regional income inequality in Brazil," The Annals of Regional Science, Springer;Western Regional Science Association, vol. 35(1), pages 133-152.
- Amos, Orley Jr., 1988. "Unbalanced regional growth and regional income inequality in the latter stages of development," Regional Science and Urban Economics, Elsevier, vol. 18(4), pages 549-566, November.
- X. Zhang & R. Kanbur, 2001.
"What Difference Do Polarisation Measures Make? An Application to China,"
Journal of Development Studies,
Taylor & Francis Journals, vol. 37(3), pages 85-98.
- Zhang, Siao-Bo & Kanbur, Ravi, 1999. "What Difference Do Polarization Measures Make? An Application To China," Working Papers 7224, Cornell University, Department of Applied Economics and Management.
- Barro, Robert J & Sala-i-Martin, Xavier, 1992.
Journal of Political Economy,
University of Chicago Press, vol. 100(2), pages 223-251, April.
- Barro, R.J. & Sala-I-Martin, X., 1991. "Convergence Across States and Regions," Papers 629, Yale - Economic Growth Center.
- Barro, Robert J. & Sala-i-Martin, Xavier, 1992. "Convergence," Scholarly Articles 3451299, Harvard University Department of Economics.
- Barro, R.J. & Sala-I-Martin, X., 1991. "Convergence," Papers 645, Yale - Economic Growth Center.
- Tsui Kai-yuen, 1993. "Decomposition of China's Regional Inequalities," Journal of Comparative Economics, Elsevier, vol. 17(3), pages 600-627, September.
CitationsCitations are extracted by the CitEc Project, subscribe to its RSS feed for this item.
- Ferhan GezÃ½cÃ½, 2004. "New Regional Definition and Spatial Analysis of Regional Inequalities in Turkey. Related to the Regional Policies of EU," ERSA conference papers ersa04p57, European Regional Science Association.
- Leck, Eran & Bekhor, Shlomo & Gat, Daniel, 2008. "Equity Impacts of Transportation Improvements On Core and Peripheral Cities," The Journal of Transport and Land Use, Center for Transportation Studies, University of Minnesota, vol. 1(2), pages 153-182.
- Ferhan Gezici & Geoffrey J. D. Hewings, 2007.
"Spatial Analysis of Regional Inequalities in Turkey,"
European Planning Studies,
Taylor & Francis Journals, vol. 15(3), pages 383-403, April.
- Ferhan Gezici & Geoffrey Hewings, 2003. "Spatial Analysis of Regional Inequalities in Turkey," ERSA conference papers ersa03p99, European Regional Science Association.
- Ferhan Gezici, 2011. "Regional Disparities and the Performance of Peripheral Regions in Turkey," ERSA conference papers ersa11p147, European Regional Science Association.
- Juan Duque & Manuel Artís & Raúl Ramos, 2006. "The ecological fallacy in a time series context: evidence from Spanish regional unemployment rates," Journal of Geographical Systems, Springer, vol. 8(4), pages 391-410, October.
- Dusan Paredes & Victor Iturra & Marcelo Lufin, 2012. "A further step to understand income inequality in Chile: A decomposition using three-stages nested Theil index decomposition method," Documentos de Trabajo en Economia y Ciencia Regional 25, Universidad Catolica del Norte, Chile, Department of Economics, revised Aug 2012.
More about this item
Keywordsspatial analysis; regional income inequality;
- R12 - Urban, Rural, Regional, Real Estate, and Transportation Economics - - General Regional Economics - - - Size and Spatial Distributions of Regional Economic Activity; Interregional Trade (economic geography)
- D63 - Microeconomics - - Welfare Economics - - - Equity, Justice, Inequality, and Other Normative Criteria and Measurement
NEP fieldsThis paper has been announced in the following NEP Reports:
- NEP-ALL-2001-10-22 (All new papers)
StatisticsAccess and download statistics
All material on this site has been provided by the respective publishers and authors. You can help correct errors and omissions. When requesting a correction, please mention this item's handle: RePEc:wpa:wuwpur:0110002. See general information about how to correct material in RePEc.
For technical questions regarding this item, or to correct its authors, title, abstract, bibliographic or download information, contact: (EconWPA). General contact details of provider: http://econwpa.repec.org .