Credit Risk Models - Do They Deliver Their Promises? A Quantitative Assessment
Download full text from publisher
Other versions of this item:
- Gianluca Oderda & Michel M. Dacorogna & Tobias Jung, 2003. "Credit Risk Models - Do They Deliver Their Promises? A Quantitative Assessment," Economic Notes, Banca Monte dei Paschi di Siena SpA, vol. 32(2), pages 177-195, July.
References listed on IDEAS
- Merton, Robert C, 1974.
"On the Pricing of Corporate Debt: The Risk Structure of Interest Rates,"
Journal of Finance,
American Finance Association, vol. 29(2), pages 449-470, May.
- Merton, Robert C., 1973. "On the pricing of corporate debt: the risk structure of interest rates," Working papers 684-73., Massachusetts Institute of Technology (MIT), Sloan School of Management.
CitationsCitations are extracted by the CitEc Project, subscribe to its RSS feed for this item.
- Denzler, Stefan M. & Dacorogna, Michel M. & Muller, Ulrich A. & McNeil, Alexander J., 2006.
"From default probabilities to credit spreads: Credit risk models do explain market prices,"
Finance Research Letters,
Elsevier, vol. 3(2), pages 79-95, June.
- Stefan Denzler & Michel M. Dacorogna & Ulrich A. Mueller & Alexander McNeil, 2005. "From Default Probabilities To Credit Spreads: Credit Risk Models Do Explain Market Prices," Finance 0504011, University Library of Munich, Germany.
- Marta Gómez-Puig & Simón Sosvilla-Rivero & Manish K. Singh, 2015.
"“Sovereigns and banks in the euro area: a tale of two crises”,"
IREA Working Papers
201504, University of Barcelona, Research Institute of Applied Economics, revised Jan 2015.
- Marta Gómez-Puig & Simón Sosvilla-Rivero & Manish K. Singh, 2015. "Sovereigns and banks in the euro area: A tale of two crises," Working Papers 15-01, Asociación Española de Economía y Finanzas Internacionales.
- Li, Ming-Yuan Leon & Miu, Peter, 2010. "A hybrid bankruptcy prediction model with dynamic loadings on accounting-ratio-based and market-based information: A binary quantile regression approach," Journal of Empirical Finance, Elsevier, vol. 17(4), pages 818-833, September.
- Manish K. Singh & Marta Gómez-Puig & Simón Sosvilla-Rivero, 2014. "Forward looking banking stress in EMU countries," Working Papers 14-10, Asociación Española de Economía y Finanzas Internacionales.
- Agarwal, Vineet & Taffler, Richard, 2008. "Comparing the performance of market-based and accounting-based bankruptcy prediction models," Journal of Banking & Finance, Elsevier, vol. 32(8), pages 1541-1551, August.
- repec:eee:finana:v:55:y:2018:i:c:p:196-208 is not listed on IDEAS
- Singh, Manish K. & Gómez-Puig, Marta & Sosvilla-Rivero, Simón, 2015.
"Bank risk behavior and connectedness in EMU countries,"
Journal of International Money and Finance,
Elsevier, vol. 57(C), pages 161-184.
- Manish K. Singh & Marta Gómez-Puig & Simón Sosvilla-Rivero, 2015. "“Bank risk behavior and connectedness in EMU countries”," IREA Working Papers 201517, University of Barcelona, Research Institute of Applied Economics, revised Jun 2015.
- Marta Gómez-Puig & Simón Sosvilla-Rivero & Manish K. Singh, 2018. "“Incorporating creditors' seniority into contingent claim models:Application to peripheral euro area countries”," IREA Working Papers 201803, University of Barcelona, Research Institute of Applied Economics, revised Feb 2018.
- Nidhi Aggarwal & Manish Singh & Susan Thomas, 2012. "Do changes in distance-to-default anticipate changes in the credit rating?," Indira Gandhi Institute of Development Research, Mumbai Working Papers 2012-010, Indira Gandhi Institute of Development Research, Mumbai, India.
More about this item
Keywordscredit risk models; cumulative accuracy profile; risk modeling;
- G22 - Financial Economics - - Financial Institutions and Services - - - Insurance; Insurance Companies; Actuarial Studies
NEP fieldsThis paper has been announced in the following NEP Reports:
- NEP-ALL-2003-06-25 (All new papers)
- NEP-CFN-2003-06-25 (Corporate Finance)
- NEP-CMP-2003-06-25 (Computational Economics)
- NEP-FIN-2003-06-25 (Finance)
- NEP-MAC-2003-06-25 (Macroeconomics)
- NEP-RMG-2003-06-25 (Risk Management)
StatisticsAccess and download statistics
All material on this site has been provided by the respective publishers and authors. You can help correct errors and omissions. When requesting a correction, please mention this item's handle: RePEc:wpa:wuwpri:0306003. See general information about how to correct material in RePEc.
For technical questions regarding this item, or to correct its authors, title, abstract, bibliographic or download information, contact: (EconWPA). General contact details of provider: https://econwpa.ub.uni-muenchen.de .
If you have authored this item and are not yet registered with RePEc, we encourage you to do it here. This allows to link your profile to this item. It also allows you to accept potential citations to this item that we are uncertain about.
If you know of missing items citing this one, you can help us creating those links by adding the relevant references in the same way as above, for each refering item. If you are a registered author of this item, you may also want to check the "citations" tab in your RePEc Author Service profile, as there may be some citations waiting for confirmation.
Please note that corrections may take a couple of weeks to filter through the various RePEc services.