The Porter Hypothesis Revisited: A Literature Review of Theoretical Models and Empirical Tests
Download full text from publisher
References listed on IDEAS
- Schmalensee, Richard, 1989.
"Inter-industry studies of structure and performance,"
Handbook of Industrial Organization,in: R. Schmalensee & R. Willig (ed.), Handbook of Industrial Organization, edition 1, volume 2, chapter 16, pages 951-1009
- Schmalensee, Richard., 1987. "Inter-industry studies of structure and performance," Working papers 1874-87., Massachusetts Institute of Technology (MIT), Sloan School of Management.
- Gabel H. Landis & Sinclair-Desgagne Bernard, 1993. "Managerial Incentives and Environmental Compliance," Journal of Environmental Economics and Management, Elsevier, vol. 24(3), pages 229-240, May.
- Montero, Juan-Pablo, 2002. "Permits, Standards, and Technology Innovation," Journal of Environmental Economics and Management, Elsevier, vol. 44(1), pages 23-44, July.
- Morgenstern, Richard D. & Pizer, William A. & Shih, Jhih-Shyang, 2002.
"Jobs Versus the Environment: An Industry-Level Perspective,"
Journal of Environmental Economics and Management,
Elsevier, vol. 43(3), pages 412-436, May.
- Pizer, William & Morgenstern, Richard & Shih, Jhih-Shyang, 1999. "Jobs Versus the Environment: An Industry-level Perspective," Discussion Papers dp-99-01-rev, Resources For the Future.
- Eliste, Paavo & Fredriksson, Per G., 2002. "Environmental Regulations, Transfers, and Trade: Theory and Evidence," Journal of Environmental Economics and Management, Elsevier, vol. 43(2), pages 234-250, March.
- Rennings, Klaus & Ziegler, Andreas & Zwick, Thomas, 2001. "Employment changes in environmentally innovative firms," ZEW Discussion Papers 01-46, ZEW - Zentrum für Europäische Wirtschaftsforschung / Center for European Economic Research.
- Hahn, Robert W, 1989. "Economic Prescriptions for Environmental Problems: How the Patient Followed the Doctor's Orders," Journal of Economic Perspectives, American Economic Association, vol. 3(2), pages 95-114, Spring.
CitationsCitations are extracted by the CitEc Project, subscribe to its RSS feed for this item.
- Leeuwen, George van & Mohnen, Pierre, 2013.
"Revisiting the porter hypothesis: An empirical analysis of green innovation for the Netherlands,"
MERIT Working Papers
002, United Nations University - Maastricht Economic and Social Research Institute on Innovation and Technology (MERIT).
- George van Leeuwen & Pierre Mohnen, 2013. "Revisiting the Porter Hypothesis: An Empirical Analysis of Green Innovation for the Netherlands," CIRANO Working Papers 2013s-02, CIRANO.
- Everett, Tim & Ishwaran, Mallika & Ansaloni, Gian Paolo & Rubin, Alex, 2010. "Economic growth and the environment," MPRA Paper 23585, University Library of Munich, Germany.
- Ian H. Rowlands, 2011. "Co-impacts of energy-related climate change mitigation in Africa�s least developed countries: the evidence base and research needs," GRI Working Papers 39, Grantham Research Institute on Climate Change and the Environment.
- Ayhan Gormus, 2017. "Non-Unionized Workers In British Green Sectors: Evidence From The Labor Force Survey," Eurasian Journal of Economics and Finance, Eurasian Publications, vol. 5(1), pages 1-15.
- Pierre Desrochers, 2008. "Did the Invisible Hand Need a Regulatory Glove to Develop a Green Thumb? Some Historical Perspective on Market Incentives, Win-Win Innovations and the Porter Hypothesis," Environmental & Resource Economics, Springer;European Association of Environmental and Resource Economists, vol. 41(4), pages 519-539, December.
- Yang, Chih-Hai & Tseng, Yu-Hsuan & Chen, Chiang-Ping, 2012. "Environmental regulations, induced R&D, and productivity: Evidence from Taiwan's manufacturing industries," Resource and Energy Economics, Elsevier, vol. 34(4), pages 514-532.
- Diane-Laure Arjaliès & Jean-Pierre Ponssard, 2010.
"A Managerial Perspective on the Porter Hypothesis : The Case of CO2 Emissions,"
- Diane-Laure Arjaliès & Jean-Pierre Ponssard, 2010. "A Managerial Perspective on the Porter Hypothesis -The Case of CO2 Emissions," Post-Print hal-00633471, HAL.
- Diane-Laure Arjaliès & Jean-Pierre Ponssard, 2010. "A managerial perspective on the Porter hypothesis The case of CO2 emissions," Post-Print hal-00445847, HAL.
- Diane-Laure Arjaliès & Jean-Pierre Ponssard, 2010. "A Managerial Perspective on the Porter Hypothesis: The Case of CO2 Emissions," Post-Print hal-00575584, HAL.
- David Styles & Francesco Testa & Fabio Iraldo, 2010. "Direct regulation is an efficient approach to industrial environmental improvement: empirical evidence and perceptions from chemical manufacturers in Ireland and Italy," Working Papers 201002, Scuola Superiore Sant'Anna of Pisa, Istituto di Management.
- Ian Rowlands, 2011. "Ancillary impacts of energy-related climate change mitigation options in Africa’s least developed countries," Mitigation and Adaptation Strategies for Global Change, Springer, vol. 16(7), pages 749-773, October.
- Fabio Iraldo & Francesco Testa & Vlasis Oikonomou & Michela Melis & Marco Frey & Eise Spijker, 2009. "A literature review on the links between environmental regulation and competitiveness," Working Papers 200904, Scuola Superiore Sant'Anna of Pisa, Istituto di Management.
- Costantini, Valeria & Crespi, Francesco, 2008.
"Environmental regulation and the export dynamics of energy technologies,"
Elsevier, vol. 66(2-3), pages 447-460, June.
- Francesco Crespi & Valeria Costantini, 2007. "Environmental Regulation and the Export Dynamics of Energy Technologies," Working Papers 2007.53, Fondazione Eni Enrico Mattei.
- Costantini, Valeria & Crespi, Francesco, 2007. "Environmental regulation and the export dynamics of energy technologies," Department of Economics and Statistics Cognetti de Martiis LEI & BRICK - Laboratory of Economics of Innovation "Franco Momigliano", Bureau of Research in Innovation, Complexity and Knowledge, Collegio 200708, University of Turin.
- Aronsson, Thomas & Backlund, Kenneth & Sahlén, Linda, 2010. "Technology transfers and the clean development mechanism in a North-South general equilibrium model," Resource and Energy Economics, Elsevier, vol. 32(3), pages 292-309, August.
- Bréchet, Thierry & Jouvet, Pierre-André, 2009. "Why environmental management may yield no-regret pollution abatement options," Ecological Economics, Elsevier, vol. 68(6), pages 1770-1777, April.
- Böhringer, Christoph & Moslener, Ulf & Oberndorfer, Ulrich & Ziegler, Andreas, 2012. "Clean and productive? Empirical evidence from the German manufacturing industry," Research Policy, Elsevier, vol. 41(2), pages 442-451.
- Giulio Cainelli & Massimiliano Mazzanti & Simone Borghesi, 2012. "The European Emission Trading Scheme and environmental innovation diffusion: Empirical analyses using Italian CIS data," Working Papers 201201, University of Ferrara, Department of Economics.
- Giulio Cainelli & Massimiliano Mazzanti & Roberto Zoboli, 2011. "Enviromental Innovations, Complementarity and Local/Global Cooperation," Working Papers 201104, University of Ferrara, Department of Economics.
- Simone Borghesi & Giulio Cainelli & Massimiliano Mazzanti, 2012. "Brown Sunsets and Green Dawns in the Industrial Sector: Environmental Innovations, Firm Behavior and the European Emission Trading," Working Papers 2012.03, Fondazione Eni Enrico Mattei.
More about this item
KeywordsPorter Hypothesis; Empirical Testing; Theoretical Hypothesis; Environment; Economy; Innovation; Regulation;
- D62 - Microeconomics - - Welfare Economics - - - Externalities
- C30 - Mathematical and Quantitative Methods - - Multiple or Simultaneous Equation Models; Multiple Variables - - - General
- L73 - Industrial Organization - - Industry Studies: Primary Products and Construction - - - Forest Products
- Q25 - Agricultural and Natural Resource Economics; Environmental and Ecological Economics - - Renewable Resources and Conservation - - - Water
NEP fieldsThis paper has been announced in the following NEP Reports:
- NEP-ALL-2004-08-02 (All new papers)
- NEP-HIS-2004-08-02 (Business, Economic & Financial History)
- NEP-MIC-2004-08-02 (Microeconomics)
- NEP-REG-2004-08-02 (Regulation)
StatisticsAccess and download statistics
All material on this site has been provided by the respective publishers and authors. You can help correct errors and omissions. When requesting a correction, please mention this item's handle: RePEc:wpa:wuwppe:0407014. See general information about how to correct material in RePEc.
For technical questions regarding this item, or to correct its authors, title, abstract, bibliographic or download information, contact: (EconWPA). General contact details of provider: http://econwpa.repec.org .