Search Models and Duration Data
SEARCH MODELS AND DURATION DATA By George R. Neumann* Contents 1. Introduction p. 1 2. Duration Distributions p. 3 2.1 Survivor, density, and hazard functions 2.2 Censoring Mechanisms 2.3 Nonparametric estimation 2.4 Parametric estimation 2.5 Sampling Issues 3. Econometric Models for Durations p. 17 3.1 Parametric Specifications 3.1a Specification Tests 3.2 Semiparametric Specifications 3.2.a Proportional Hazard Models 3.2.b Accelerated Failure Time Models 3.2.c Specification Tests 3.2.d Semiparametric Estimation of Strike Durations 3.3 Time Varying Covariates 3.4 Unmeasured Heterogeneity 4. Search Theory and Duration Models p. 46 4.1 Search Theory 4.2 First Generation Search Models 4.3 Second Generation Search Models 4.4 Multiple State Duration Models 4.5 Equilibrium Search Models 5. Summary p. 71 6. References p. 73
|Date of creation:||02 Nov 1995|
|Date of revision:|
|Note:||Zipped using PKZIP v2.04, encoded using UUENCODE v5.15. Zipped file includes 1 files- (All1a.pap)|
|Contact details of provider:|| Web page: http://18.104.22.168 |
Please report citation or reference errors to , or , if you are the registered author of the cited work, log in to your RePEc Author Service profile, click on "citations" and make appropriate adjustments.:
- Edin, P.A. & Bergstrom, R., 1991.
"Time aggregation and the Distributional Shape of Unemployment Duration,"
1991u, Uppsala - Working Paper Series.
- Bergstrom, R & Edin, P-A, 1992. "Time Aggregation and the Distributional Shape of Unemployment Duration," Journal of Applied Econometrics, John Wiley & Sons, Ltd., vol. 7(1), pages 5-30, Jan.-Marc.
- Atkinson, A. B. & Gomulka, J. & Micklewright, J. & Rau, N., 1984. "Unemployment benefit, duration and incentives in Britain : How robust is the evidence?," Journal of Public Economics, Elsevier, vol. 23(1-2), pages 3-26.
- Devine, Theresa J. & Kiefer, Nicolas M., 1991. "Empirical Labor Economics: The Search Approach," OUP Catalogue, Oxford University Press, number 9780195059366, March.
- Bowlus, Audra J & Kiefer, Nicholas M & Neumann, George R, 1995. "Estimation of Equilibrium Wage Distributions with Heterogeneity," Journal of Applied Econometrics, John Wiley & Sons, Ltd., vol. 10(S), pages S119-31, Suppl. De.
- Christensen, Bent Jesper & Kiefer, Nicholas M., 1991.
"The Exact Likelihood Function for an Empirical Job Search Model,"
Cambridge University Press, vol. 7(04), pages 464-486, December.
- Christensen, B.J. & Kiefer, N.M., 1990. "The Exact Likelihood Function For An Empirical Job Search Model," Papers 9017, Tilburg - Center for Economic Research.
- Richard J. Butler & Ronald G. Ehrenberg, 1981. "Estimating the narcotic effect of public sector impasse procedures," Industrial and Labor Relations Review, ILR Review, Cornell University, ILR School, vol. 35(1), pages 3-20, October.
- Diamond, Peter A., 1971. "A model of price adjustment," Journal of Economic Theory, Elsevier, vol. 3(2), pages 156-168, June.
- Albrecht, James W & Axell, Bo, 1983.
"An Equilibrium Model of Search Unemployment,"
Working Paper Series
99, Research Institute of Industrial Economics.
- Kathleen P. Classen, 1977. "The effect of unemployment insurance on the duration of unemployment and subsequent earnings," Industrial and Labor Relations Review, ILR Review, Cornell University, ILR School, vol. 30(4), pages 438-444, July.
- repec:cup:cbooks:9780521299169 is not listed on IDEAS
- Burdett, Kenneth & Kiefer, Nicholas M. & Sharma, Sunil, 1985. "Layoffs and duration dependence in a model of turnover," Journal of Econometrics, Elsevier, vol. 28(1), pages 51-69, April.
- repec:cup:etheor:v:7:y:1991:i:4:p:464-86 is not listed on IDEAS
- Chesher, Andrew & Spady, Richard, 1991. "Asymptotic Expansions of the Information Matrix Test Statistic," Econometrica, Econometric Society, vol. 59(3), pages 787-815, May.
- Anderson, Patricia M & Meyer, Bruce D, 1993. "Unemployment Insurance in the United States: Layoff Incentives and Cross Subsidies," Journal of Labor Economics, University of Chicago Press, vol. 11(1), pages S70-95, January.
When requesting a correction, please mention this item's handle: RePEc:wpa:wuwpla:9511001. See general information about how to correct material in RePEc.
For technical questions regarding this item, or to correct its authors, title, abstract, bibliographic or download information, contact: (EconWPA)
If references are entirely missing, you can add them using this form.