Competitive Balance in Dutch Soccer
Download full text from publisher
References listed on IDEAS
- Grier, Kevin B. & Tollison, Robert D., 1994. "The rookie draft and competitive balance: The case of professional football," Journal of Economic Behavior & Organization, Elsevier, vol. 25(2), pages 293-298, October.
- Andrew Weiss, 1997. "Specification tests in ordered logit and probit models," Econometric Reviews, Taylor & Francis Journals, vol. 16(4), pages 361-391.
- Neumann, G.R. & Tamura, R.F., 1996. "Managing Competition: The Case of the National Football League," Working Papers 96-15, University of Iowa, Department of Economics.
- P. Glewwe, 1997. "A test of the normality assumption in ordered probit model," Econometric Reviews, Taylor & Francis Journals, vol. 16(1), pages 1-19.
- Rosen, Sherwin, 1981. "The Economics of Superstars," American Economic Review, American Economic Association, vol. 71(5), pages 845-858, December.
CitationsCitations are extracted by the CitEc Project, subscribe to its RSS feed for this item.
- Young Hoon Lee & Rodney Fort, 2011. "Competitive Balance:Time Series Lessons from the English Premier League," Working Papers 1102, Research Institute for Market Economy, Sogang University, revised Jun 2011.
- Padma Rao Sahib, 2015. "Status, Peer Influence, and Racio-ethnic Diversity in Times of Institutional Change: An Examination from European Labour Law," Journal of Business Ethics, Springer, vol. 126(2), pages 205-218, January.
- Antonio Marques, 2002. "Competitive Balance in the Portuguese premier league of professional soccer," Industrial Organization 0211025, EconWPA.
- Ruud H. Koning & Ian G. McHale, 2012. "Estimating Match and World Cup Winning Probabilities," Chapters,in: International Handbook on the Economics of Mega Sporting Events, chapter 11 Edward Elgar Publishing.
- Dafeng Xu, 2014. "Who Benefits from Globalization of Labor? Evidence from the 'Bosman Ruling'," ERSA conference papers ersa14p1089, European Regional Science Association.
- Scott Tainsky & Jason Winfree, 2010. "Short-Run Demand and Uncertainty of Outcome in Major League Baseball," Review of Industrial Organization, Springer;The Industrial Organization Society, vol. 37(3), pages 197-214, November.
- Ruud Koning, 2014. "Professional soccer in the Netherlands," Chapters,in: Handbook on the Economics of Professional Football, chapter 20, pages 336-350 Edward Elgar Publishing.
More about this item
Keywordsprofessional soccer; competitive balance; ordered probit;
- L - Industrial Organization
StatisticsAccess and download statistics
All material on this site has been provided by the respective publishers and authors. You can help correct errors and omissions. When requesting a correction, please mention this item's handle: RePEc:wpa:wuwpio:9905001. See general information about how to correct material in RePEc.
For technical questions regarding this item, or to correct its authors, title, abstract, bibliographic or download information, contact: (EconWPA). General contact details of provider: http://econwpa.repec.org .