Sources of structural growth in business services
This report identifies the factors behind structural growth of the business services industry, applying growth decomposition and qualitative analysis.
|Date of creation:||21 Sep 2003|
|Date of revision:|
|Note:||Type of Document - adobe PDF; pages: 48 ; figures: included/request from author/draw your own|
|Contact details of provider:|| Web page: http://econwpa.repec.org|
Please report citation or reference errors to , or , if you are the registered author of the cited work, log in to your RePEc Author Service profile, click on "citations" and make appropriate adjustments.:
- Klodt, Henning & Maurer, Rainer & Schimmelpfennig, Axel, 1997. "Tertiarisierung in der deutschen Wirtschaft," Open Access Publications from Kiel Institute for the World Economy 959, Kiel Institute for the World Economy (IfW).
- Gundlach, Erich, 1993.
"Demand bias as an explanation for structural change,"
Kiel Working Papers
594, Kiel Institute for the World Economy (IfW).
- Gundlach, Erich, 1994. "Demand Bias as an Explanation for Structural Change," Kyklos, Wiley Blackwell, vol. 47(2), pages 249-67.
- Gundlach, Erich, 1993. "Demand bias as an explanation for structural change," Kiel Working Papers 594, Kiel Institute for the World Economy.
- Dixit, Avinash K & Stiglitz, Joseph E, 1975.
"Monopolistic Competition and Optimum Product Diversity,"
The Warwick Economics Research Paper Series (TWERPS)
64, University of Warwick, Department of Economics.
- Dixit, Avinash K & Stiglitz, Joseph E, 1977. "Monopolistic Competition and Optimum Product Diversity," American Economic Review, American Economic Association, vol. 67(3), pages 297-308, June.
- Katharine G. Abraham & Susan K. Taylor, 1993.
"Firms' Use of Outside Contractors: Theory and Evidence,"
NBER Working Papers
4468, National Bureau of Economic Research, Inc.
- Abraham, Katharine G & Taylor, Susan K, 1996. "Firms' Use of Outside Contractors: Theory and Evidence," Journal of Labor Economics, University of Chicago Press, vol. 14(3), pages 394-424, July.
- van Schaik, Anton B. T. M. & de Groot, Henri L. F., 2002. "Macroeconomic consequences of downsizing," Economic Modelling, Elsevier, vol. 19(3), pages 331-352, May.
- Robert C. Feenstra & James R. Markusen, 1992.
"Accounting for Growth With New Inputs,"
NBER Working Papers
4114, National Bureau of Economic Research, Inc.
- Francois, Joseph F, 1990. "Producer Services, Scale, and the Division of Labor," Oxford Economic Papers, Oxford University Press, vol. 42(4), pages 715-29, October.
- Sen, Amartya, 1973. "On Economic Inequality," OUP Catalogue, Oxford University Press, number 9780198281931, December.
- Ethier, Wilfred J, 1982. "National and International Returns to Scale in the Modern Theory of International Trade," American Economic Review, American Economic Association, vol. 72(3), pages 389-405, June.
- Baumol, William J, 1972. "Macroeconomics of Unbalanced Growth: Reply," American Economic Review, American Economic Association, vol. 62(1), pages 150, March.
- Fixler, Dennis J. & Siegel, Donald, 1999. "Outsourcing and productivity growth in services," Structural Change and Economic Dynamics, Elsevier, vol. 10(2), pages 177-194, June.
- Allan G. B. Fisher, 1939. "Production, Primary, Secondary And Tertiary," The Economic Record, The Economic Society of Australia, vol. 15(1), pages 24-38, 06.
- George J. Stigler, 1951. "The Division of Labor is Limited by the Extent of the Market," Journal of Political Economy, University of Chicago Press, vol. 59, pages 185.
- Grubel, H., 1993. "Producer Services Their Important Role in Growing Economies," Discussion Papers dp93-10, Department of Economics, Simon Fraser University.
When requesting a correction, please mention this item's handle: RePEc:wpa:wuwpio:0309004. See general information about how to correct material in RePEc.
For technical questions regarding this item, or to correct its authors, title, abstract, bibliographic or download information, contact: (EconWPA)
If references are entirely missing, you can add them using this form.