Additive rules in bankruptcy problems and other related problems
In this paper we characterize the set of rules satisfying additivity on the estate along with additivity on the estate and the claims in bankruptcy problems and other related problems. Moreover, new characterizations of the well known rules based on the principles of "equal award", "equal loss", and "proportionality" are provided using these additivity properties.
|Date of creation:||07 Apr 2003|
|Date of revision:|
|Note:||Type of Document - Tex; prepared on IBM PC - PC-TEX; to print on HP; pages: 19 ; figures: included|
|Contact details of provider:|| Web page: http://econwpa.repec.org|
Please report citation or reference errors to , or , if you are the registered author of the cited work, log in to your RePEc Author Service profile, click on "citations" and make appropriate adjustments.:
- M. Angeles de Frutos, 1999. "Coalitional manipulations in a bankruptcy problem," Review of Economic Design, Springer, vol. 4(3), pages 255-272.
- Herrero, Carmen & Maschler, Michael & Villar, Antonio, 1999.
"Individual rights and collective responsibility: the rights-egalitarian solution,"
Mathematical Social Sciences,
Elsevier, vol. 37(1), pages 59-77, January.
- Antonio Villar Notario & Carmen Herrero Blanco & Michael Maschler, 1996. "Individual rights and collective responsibility: The rights-egalitarian solution," Working Papers. Serie AD 1996-04, Instituto Valenciano de Investigaciones Económicas, S.A. (Ivie).
- Gustavo Bergantiños & Luciano Méndez-Naya, 2001. "Additivity in bankruptcy problems and in allocation problems," Spanish Economic Review, Springer, vol. 3(3), pages 223-229.
- Young, H. P., 1988. "Distributive justice in taxation," Journal of Economic Theory, Elsevier, vol. 44(2), pages 321-335, April.
- Chun, Youngsub, 1988. "The proportional solution for rights problems," Mathematical Social Sciences, Elsevier, vol. 15(3), pages 231-246, June.
- O'Neill, Barry, 1982. "A problem of rights arbitration from the Talmud," Mathematical Social Sciences, Elsevier, vol. 2(4), pages 345-371, June.
- Moulin, Herve, 2001.
"Axiomatic Cost and Surplis-Sharing,"
2001-06, Rice University, Department of Economics.
- Aumann, Robert J. & Maschler, Michael, 1985. "Game theoretic analysis of a bankruptcy problem from the Talmud," Journal of Economic Theory, Elsevier, vol. 36(2), pages 195-213, August.
- Thomson, William, 2003. "Axiomatic and game-theoretic analysis of bankruptcy and taxation problems: a survey," Mathematical Social Sciences, Elsevier, vol. 45(3), pages 249-297, July.
When requesting a correction, please mention this item's handle: RePEc:wpa:wuwpga:0304001. See general information about how to correct material in RePEc.
For technical questions regarding this item, or to correct its authors, title, abstract, bibliographic or download information, contact: (EconWPA)
If references are entirely missing, you can add them using this form.