Multiple equilibrium overnight rates in a dynamic interbank market game
We analyse a two period model of the interbank market, i.e. the market at which banks trade liquidity. We assume that banks do not take the interbank interest rate as given, but ultilaterally negotiate on interest rates and transaction volumes. The solution concept applied is the Shapley value. We show that there is a multiplicity of average equilibrium interest rates of the Þrst period so that the average interest rate in this period does not convey any information on the expected liquidity situation at the interbank market.
Please report citation or reference errors to , or , if you are the registered author of the cited work, log in to your RePEc Author Service profile, click on "citations" and make appropriate adjustments.:
- Jens Tapking, 2004.
"The Eurosystem’s Standing Facilities in a General Equilibrium Model of the European Interbank Market,"
- Tapking, Jens, 2002. "The Eurosystem's Standing Facilities in a General Equilibrium Model of the European Interbank Market," Discussion Paper Series 1: Economic Studies 2002,20, Deutsche Bundesbank, Research Centre.
- Pérez Quirós, Gabriel & Rodríguez Mendizábal, Hugo, 2001.
"The daily market for funds in Europe: Has something changed with the EMU?,"
Working Paper Series
0067, European Central Bank.
- Quiro, G.P. & Mendizabal, H.R., 2001. "The Daily Market for Funds in Europe: Has Something Changed with the EMU," Papers 67, Quebec a Montreal - Recherche en gestion.
- Gabriel Pérez Quirós & Hugo Rodríguez, 2000. "The daily market for funds in Europe: Has something changed with the EMU?," Economics Working Papers 474, Department of Economics and Business, Universitat Pompeu Fabra.
- Perez-Castrillo, David & Wettstein, David, 2001.
"Bidding for the Surplus : A Non-cooperative Approach to the Shapley Value,"
Journal of Economic Theory,
Elsevier, vol. 100(2), pages 274-294, October.
- David Pérez-Castrillo & David Wettstein, . "Bidding For The Surplus: A Non-Cooperative Approach To The Shapley Value," UFAE and IAE Working Papers 461.00, Unitat de Fonaments de l'Anàlisi Econòmica (UAB) and Institut d'Anàlisi Econòmica (CSIC).
- Välimäki, Tuomas, 2001. "Fixed rate tenders and the overnight money market equilibrium," Research Discussion Papers 8/2001, Bank of Finland.
- Butnariu, Dan & Klement, Erich Peter, 1996. "Core, Value and Equilibria for Market Games: On a Problem of Aumann and Shapley," International Journal of Game Theory, Springer;Game Theory Society, vol. 25(2), pages 149-60.
- Hartmann, Philipp & Manna, Michele & Manzanares, Andres, 2001.
"The microstructure of the euro money market,"
Journal of International Money and Finance,
Elsevier, vol. 20(6), pages 895-948, November.
- Hartmann, Philipp & Manna, Michele & Manzanares, Andrés, 2001. "The microstructure of the euro money market," Working Paper Series 0080, European Central Bank.
- Hartmann, Philipp & Manna, Michele & Manzanares, Andres, 2001. "The Microstructure of the Euro Money Market," CEPR Discussion Papers 3081, C.E.P.R. Discussion Papers.
- Ho, Thomas S Y & Saunders, Anthony, 1985. " A Micro Model of the Federal Funds Market," Journal of Finance, American Finance Association, vol. 40(3), pages 977-88, July.
- Gul, Faruk, 1989. "Bargaining Foundations of Shapley Value," Econometrica, Econometric Society, vol. 57(1), pages 81-95, January.
- Paolo Angelini, 2008.
"Liquidity And Announcement Effects In The Euro Area,"
Giornale degli Economisti,
GDE (Giornale degli Economisti e Annali di Economia), Bocconi University, vol. 67(1), pages 1-20, March.
- Paolo Angelini, 2002. "Liquidity and Announcement Effects in the Euro Area," Temi di discussione (Economic working papers) 451, Bank of Italy, Economic Research and International Relations Area.
- Hart, Sergiu & Mas-Colell, Andreu, 1996.
"Bargaining and Value,"
Econometric Society, vol. 64(2), pages 357-80, March.
- Furfine, Craig H, 2001. "Banks as Monitors of Other Banks: Evidence from the Overnight Federal Funds Market," The Journal of Business, University of Chicago Press, vol. 74(1), pages 33-57, January.
When requesting a correction, please mention this item's handle: RePEc:wpa:wuwpfi:0409042. See general information about how to correct material in RePEc.
For technical questions regarding this item, or to correct its authors, title, abstract, bibliographic or download information, contact: (EconWPA)
If references are entirely missing, you can add them using this form.