Spatial patterns of adoption of just-in-time manufacturing
Download full text from publisher
Other versions of this item:
- Adelheid Holl & Rafael Pardo & Ruth Rama, 2013. "Spatial patterns of adoption of just-in-time manufacturing," Papers in Regional Science, Wiley Blackwell, vol. 92(1), pages 51-67, March.
- Adelheid Holl & Rafael Pardo & Ruth Rama, 2011. "Spatial patterns of adoption of just-in-time manufacturing," Working Papers 1101, Instituto de Políticas y Bienes Públicos (IPP), CSIC.
References listed on IDEAS
- Gaspar, Jess & Glaeser, Edward L., 1998.
"Information Technology and the Future of Cities,"
Journal of Urban Economics,
Elsevier, vol. 43(1), pages 136-156, January.
- Jess Gaspar & Edward Glaeser, 1996. "Information Technology and the Future of Cities," NBER Working Papers 5562, National Bureau of Economic Research, Inc.
- Jess Gaspar & Edward L. Glaeser, 1996. "Information Technology and the Future of Cities," Harvard Institute of Economic Research Working Papers 1756, Harvard - Institute of Economic Research.
- Rachel Griffith, 2007. "Technology, Productivity and Public Policy," Fiscal Studies, Institute for Fiscal Studies, vol. 28(3), pages 273-291, September.
- Eleonora Bartoloni & Maurizio Baussola, 2001. "The Determinants of Technology Adoption in Italian Manufacturing Industries," Review of Industrial Organization, Springer;The Industrial Organization Society, vol. 19(3), pages 305-328, November.
- Klier, Thomas H., 2000. "Does "Just-in-time" Mean "Right-next-door"? Evidence from the Auto Industry on the Spatial Concentration of Supplier Networks," Journal of Regional Analysis and Policy, Mid-Continent Regional Science Association, vol. 30(1).
- Maryellen Kelley & Susan Helper, 1999. "Firm Size And Capabilities, Regional Agglomeration, And The Adoption Of New Technology," Economics of Innovation and New Technology, Taylor & Francis Journals, vol. 8(1-2), pages 79-103.
- Callen, Jeffrey L. & Fader, Chris & Krinsky, Itzhak, 2000. "Just-in-time: A cross-sectional plant analysis," International Journal of Production Economics, Elsevier, vol. 63(3), pages 277-301, January.
- Klaus Desmet & Stephen L. Parente, 2010.
"Bigger Is Better: Market Size, Demand Elasticity, And Innovation,"
International Economic Review,
Department of Economics, University of Pennsylvania and Osaka University Institute of Social and Economic Research Association, vol. 51(2), pages 319-333, May.
- Klaus Desmet & Stephen L. Parente, 2008. "Bigger is better: Market size, demand elasticity and innovation," Working Papers 2008-10, Instituto Madrileño de Estudios Avanzados (IMDEA) Ciencias Sociales.
- Erik Brynjolfsson & Lorin M. Hitt, 2003. "Computing Productivity: Firm-Level Evidence," The Review of Economics and Statistics, MIT Press, vol. 85(4), pages 793-808, November.
- Smith Jr. , Donald F. & Florida Richard, 1994. "Agglomeration and Industrial Location: An Econometric Analysis of Japanese-Affiliated Manufacturing Establishments in Automotive-Related Industries," Journal of Urban Economics, Elsevier, vol. 36(1), pages 23-41, July.
- Thomas H. Klier, 1999. "Agglomeration in the U.S. auto supplier industry," Economic Perspectives, Federal Reserve Bank of Chicago, issue Q I, pages 18-34.
- Thomas Astebro, 2004.
"Sunk Costs and the Depth and Probability of Technology Adoption,"
Journal of Industrial Economics,
Wiley Blackwell, vol. 52(3), pages 381-399, September.
- Thomas Astebro, 2004. "Sunk Costs and the Depth and Probability of Technology Adoption," Post-Print hal-00480075, HAL.
- Forman, Chris & Goldfarb, Avi & Greenstein, Shane, 2005. "How did location affect adoption of the commercial Internet? Global village vs. urban leadership," Journal of Urban Economics, Elsevier, vol. 58(3), pages 389-420, November.
- H. Fredrick Gale, 1999. "Adoption of Just-in-time Manufacturing By Rural and Urban Plants," The Review of Regional Studies, Southern Regional Science Association, vol. 29(2), pages 157-174, Fall.
- Holloway, Garth & Shankar, Bhavani & Rahman, Sanzidur, 2002.
"Bayesian spatial probit estimation: a primer and an application to HYV rice adoption,"
Blackwell, vol. 27(3), pages 383-402, November.
- Holloway, Garth & Shankar, Bhavani & Rahman, Sanzidur, 2002. "Bayesian spatial probit estimation: a primer and an application to HYV rice adoption," Agricultural Economics of Agricultural Economists, International Association of Agricultural Economists, vol. 27(3), November.
- Cohen, Wesley M & Levinthal, Daniel A, 1989. "Innovation and Learning: The Two Faces of R&D," Economic Journal, Royal Economic Society, vol. 99(397), pages 569-596, September.
- No, Angela, 2008. "Cities and Growth: Knowledge Spillovers in the Adoption of Advanced Manufacturing Technologies," The Canadian Economy in Transition 2008018e, Statistics Canada, Economic Analysis Division.
- Natália Barbosa & Ana Faria, 2008. "Technology adoption: does labour skill matter? Evidence from Portuguese firm-level data," Empirica, Springer;Austrian Institute for Economic Research;Austrian Economic Association, vol. 35(2), pages 179-194, April.
- Danielle Galliano & Pascale Roux & Maryline Filippi, 2001.
"Organisational and Spatial Determinants of ICT Adoption: The Case of French Industrial Firms,"
Environment and Planning A,
, vol. 33(9), pages 1643-1663, September.
- Danielle Galliano & Pascale Roux & Maryline Filippi, 2001. "Organisational and spatial determinants of ICT adoption: the case of French industrial firms," Environment and Planning A, Pion Ltd, London, vol. 33(9), pages 1643-1663, September.
- Ann Bartel & Casey Ichniowski & Kathryn Shaw, 2007. "How Does Information Technology Affect Productivity? Plant-Level Comparisons of Product Innovation, Process Improvement, and Worker Skills," The Quarterly Journal of Economics, Oxford University Press, vol. 122(4), pages 1721-1758.
- Anthony P. D'Costa, 2004. "Flexible practices for mass production goals: economic governance in the Indian automobile industry," Industrial and Corporate Change, Oxford University Press, vol. 13(2), pages 335-367, April.
- McCann, Philip & Fingleton, Bernard, 1996. "The Regional Agglomeration Impact of Just-in-Time Input Linkages: Evidence from the Scottish Electronics Industry," Scottish Journal of Political Economy, Scottish Economic Society, vol. 43(5), pages 493-518, November.
More about this item
NEP fieldsThis paper has been announced in the following NEP Reports:
StatisticsAccess and download statistics
All material on this site has been provided by the respective publishers and authors. You can help correct errors and omissions. When requesting a correction, please mention this item's handle: RePEc:wiw:wiwrsa:ersa11p385. See general information about how to correct material in RePEc.
For technical questions regarding this item, or to correct its authors, title, abstract, bibliographic or download information, contact: (Gunther Maier). General contact details of provider: http://www.ersa.org .