CGE Analysis of Regional Policy in Northern Kyushu Area
This study develops a policy model under the hierarchical administration system of the regional economy in Japan. In case of Japan, a hierarchy of national, prefectural, and municipal (city) administration exists, and a different regional policy in these each hierarchies can be set up. Generally, the policy and its evaluation might be different whether should give priority to national interests or to each regionâ€šÃ„Ã´s interests. To show such a situation, quantitatively analysis by using the computable general equilibrium model (CGE model) is examined. Concretely, Kitakyushu City and Fukuoka City are taken up as an administrative region at the city level. Together with these two cities and surrounding areas, it becomes Fukuoka Prefecture. On the other hand, the case of including Yamaguchi Prefecture, the adjacent prefecture, in these regions exists. In this case, it can be called Northern Kyushu Area by combining Fukuoka Prefecture and Yamaguchi Prefecture, and such a large area also becomes important in the regional policy as higher hierarchy. Five regions including the rest of Japan are focused on this study. Moreover, due to availableness of the input-output tables of these regions, respectively, the data base to develop the CGE model is estimated after tabulating the interregional input-output table.
|Date of creation:||Sep 2011|
|Date of revision:|
|Contact details of provider:|| Postal: |
Web page: http://www.ersa.org
Please report citation or reference errors to , or , if you are the registered author of the cited work, log in to your RePEc Author Service profile, click on "citations" and make appropriate adjustments.:
- Bohringer, Christoph & Welsch, Heinz, 2004. "Contraction and Convergence of carbon emissions: an intertemporal multi-region CGE analysis," Journal of Policy Modeling, Elsevier, vol. 26(1), pages 21-39, January.
- Bröcker, Johannes & Korzhenevych, Artem & Schürmann, Carsten, 2010. "Assessing spatial equity and efficiency impacts of transport infrastructure projects," Transportation Research Part B: Methodological, Elsevier, vol. 44(7), pages 795-811, August.
- Latorre, María C. & Bajo-Rubio, Oscar & Gómez-Plana, Antonio G., 2009. "The effects of multinationals on host economies: A CGE approach," Economic Modelling, Elsevier, vol. 26(5), pages 851-864, September.
- Bessho, Shun-ichiro & Hayashi, Masayoshi, 2005. "Economic studies of taxation in Japan: The case of personal income taxes," Journal of Asian Economics, Elsevier, vol. 16(6), pages 956-972, December.
- Ueda, Takayuki & Koike, Atsushi & Yamaguchi, Katsuhiro & Tsuchiya, Kazuyuki, 2005. "Spatial Benefit Incidence Analysis of Airport Capacity Expansion: Application of SCGE Model to the Haneda Project," Research in Transportation Economics, Elsevier, vol. 13(1), pages 165-196, January.
- Takahiro Akita, 2003. "Decomposing regional income inequality in China and Indonesia using two-stage nested Theil decomposition method," The Annals of Regional Science, Springer, vol. 37(1), pages 55-77, 02.
- Ishiguro, Kazuhiko & Inamura, Hajime, 2005. "Identification and Elimination of Barriers in the Operations and Management of Maritime Transportation," Research in Transportation Economics, Elsevier, vol. 13(1), pages 337-368, January.
When requesting a correction, please mention this item's handle: RePEc:wiw:wiwrsa:ersa10p383. See general information about how to correct material in RePEc.
For technical questions regarding this item, or to correct its authors, title, abstract, bibliographic or download information, contact: (Gunther Maier)
If references are entirely missing, you can add them using this form.