Geographical competition-complementarity relationships between Greek regional economies
This paper examines the nature of interregional competition and complementarity in Greece. Covering the 1975-2002 period, the analysis provides a picture of the interregional interactions by focusing on derived linkages between the regional economies. The adopted methodology combines previous approaches based on the Dendrinos-Sonis model (e.g. Nazara et al 2002, Bonet 2003) and a cointegration modeling framework (Marquez and Hewings, 2003). A sensitivity analysis of the model coefficients that designate competition or complementarity, with respect to time, is undertaken as well.
|Date of creation:||Aug 2005|
|Date of revision:|
|Contact details of provider:|| Postal: Welthandelsplatz 1, 1020 Vienna, Austria|
Web page: http://www.ersa.org
Please report citation or reference errors to , or , if you are the registered author of the cited work, log in to your RePEc Author Service profile, click on "citations" and make appropriate adjustments.:
- Taku Yamamoto & Eiji Kurozumi, 2006.
"Tests for Long-Run Granger Non-Causality in Cointegrated Systems,"
Journal of Time Series Analysis,
Wiley Blackwell, vol. 27(5), pages 703-723, 09.
- Yamamoto, Taku & Kurozumi, Eiji, 2003. "Tests for Long-Run Granger Non-Causality in Cointegrated Systems," Discussion Papers 2003-12, Graduate School of Economics, Hitotsubashi University.
- Taku Yamamoto & Eiji Kurozumi, 2003. "Tests for Long-Run Granger Non-Causality in Cointegrated Systems," Hi-Stat Discussion Paper Series d03-01, Institute of Economic Research, Hitotsubashi University.
- Bruneau, Catherine & Jondeau, Eric, 1999.
" Long-Run Causality, with an Application to International Links between Long-Term Interest Rates,"
Oxford Bulletin of Economics and Statistics,
Department of Economics, University of Oxford, vol. 61(4), pages 545-68, November.
- Bruneau, C. & Jondeau, E., 1998. "Long-Run Causality, with an Application to International Links Between Long-Term Interest Rates," Working papers 53, Banque de France.
- C. Bruneau & E. Jondeau, 1997. "Long-run causality, with an application to international links between long-term interest rates," THEMA Working Papers 97-26, THEMA (THéorie Economique, Modélisation et Applications), Université de Cergy-Pontoise.
- Hiroaki Chigira & Taku Yamamoto, 2003.
"The Granger Non-Causality Test in Cointegrated Vector Autoregressions,"
Hi-Stat Discussion Paper Series
d03-07, Institute of Economic Research, Hitotsubashi University.
- Chigira, Hiroaki & Yamamoto, Taku, 2003. "The Granger Non-Causality Test in Cointegrated Vector Autoregressions," Discussion Papers 2003-13, Graduate School of Economics, Hitotsubashi University.
- Dufour, Jean-Marie & Pelletier, Denis & Renault, Eric, 2006.
"Short run and long run causality in time series: inference,"
Journal of Econometrics,
Elsevier, vol. 132(2), pages 337-362, June.
- DUFOUR, Jean-Marie & PELLETIER, Denis & RENAULT, Éric, 2003. "Short Run and Long Run Causality in Time Series : Inference," Cahiers de recherche 14-2003, Centre interuniversitaire de recherche en économie quantitative, CIREQ.
- Jean-Marie Dufour & Denis Pelletier & Éric Renault, 2003. "Short Run and Long Run Causality in Time Series: Inference," CIRANO Working Papers 2003s-61, CIRANO.
- DUFOUR, Jean-Marie & PELLETIER, Denis & RENAULT, Éric, 2003. "Short run and long run causality in time series: Inference," Cahiers de recherche 2003-16, Universite de Montreal, Departement de sciences economiques.
- Sandy Dall’erba, 2004.
"Competition, complementarity and increasing disparities among the Regions of Spain and Portugal,"
Revue d'économie régionale et urbaine,
Armand Colin, vol. 0(2), pages 311-330.
- Sandy Dall'erba, 2003. "Competition, Complementarity and Increasing Disparities Among the Regions of Spain and Portugal," ERSA conference papers ersa03p135, European Regional Science Association.
- Miguel A Márquez & Julián Ramajo & Geoffrey J D Hewings, 2006. "Dynamic effects within a regional system: an empirical approach," Environment and Planning A, Pion Ltd, London, vol. 38(4), pages 711-732, April.
- Costas Siriopoulos & Dimitrios Asteriou, 1998. "Testing for Convergence Across the Greek Regions," Regional Studies, Taylor & Francis Journals, vol. 32(6), pages 537-546, August.
- Miguel A. Márquez & Geoffrey J.D. Hewings, 2003. "Geographical competition between regional economies: The case of Spain," The Annals of Regional Science, Springer;Western Regional Science Association, vol. 37(4), pages 559-580, December.
- Jaime Bonet, 2003. "Colombian regions: Competitive or complementary?," REVISTA DE ECONOMÍA DEL ROSARIO, UNIVERSIDAD DEL ROSARIO, June.
- Toda, Hiro Y & Phillips, Peter C B, 1993.
"Vector Autoregressions and Causality,"
Econometric Society, vol. 61(6), pages 1367-93, November.
When requesting a correction, please mention this item's handle: RePEc:wiw:wiwrsa:ersa05p552. See general information about how to correct material in RePEc.
For technical questions regarding this item, or to correct its authors, title, abstract, bibliographic or download information, contact: (Gunther Maier)
If references are entirely missing, you can add them using this form.