Industrial Diversity and Metropolitan Unemployment Rate
Download full text from publisher
Other versions of this item:
- Keizo Mizuno & Fumitoshi Mizutani & Noriyoshi Nakayama, 2006. "Industrial diversity and metropolitan unemployment rate," The Annals of Regional Science, Springer;Western Regional Science Association, vol. 40(1), pages 157-172, March.
References listed on IDEAS
- Merlin M. Hackbart & Donald A. Anderson, 1975. "On Measuring Economic Diversification," Land Economics, University of Wisconsin Press, vol. 51(4), pages 374-378.
- Oded Izraeli & Kevin J. Murphy, 2003. "The effect of industrial diversity on state unemployment rate and per capita income," The Annals of Regional Science, Springer;Western Regional Science Association, vol. 37(1), pages 1-14, February.
- Diamond, Charles A & Simon, Curtis J, 1990. "Industrial Specialization and the Returns to Labor," Journal of Labor Economics, University of Chicago Press, vol. 8(2), pages 175-201, April.
- John R. Kort, 1981. "Regional Economic Instability and Industrial Diversification in the U.S," Land Economics, University of Wisconsin Press, vol. 57(4), pages 596-608.
CitationsCitations are extracted by the CitEc Project, subscribe to its RSS feed for this item.
- FU, Shihe & DONG, Xiaofang & CHAI, Guojun, 2010.
"Industry specialization, diversification, churning, and unemployment in Chinese cities,"
China Economic Review,
Elsevier, vol. 21(4), pages 508-520, December.
- Fu, Shihe & Dong, Xiaofang & Chai, Guojun, 2008. "Industry specialization, diversification, churning, and unemployment in Chinese cities," MPRA Paper 15339, University Library of Munich, Germany.
- Jing Chen, 2018. "Interpreting Economic Diversity as the Presence of Multiple Specializations," Working Papers Working Paper 2018-02, Regional Research Institute, West Virginia University.
- repec:eee:quaeco:v:64:y:2017:i:c:p:1-11 is not listed on IDEAS
- Gnidchenko, Andrey, 2010. "Defragmentation of Economic Growth with a Focus on Diversification: Evidence from Russian Economy," MPRA Paper 27113, University Library of Munich, Germany.
- repec:taf:apeclt:v:23:y:2016:i:7:p:520-525 is not listed on IDEAS
- Shu-hen Chiang, 2009. "Location quotient and trade," The Annals of Regional Science, Springer;Western Regional Science Association, vol. 43(2), pages 399-414, June.
- repec:taf:applec:v:49:y:2017:i:56:p:5686-5697 is not listed on IDEAS
- Fumitoshi Mizutani & Tomoyasu Tanaka & Noriyoshi Nakayama, 2015. "Estimation of optimal metropolitan size in Japan with consideration of social costs," Empirical Economics, Springer, vol. 48(4), pages 1713-1730, June.
- Shu-hen Chiang, 2009. "The effects of industrial diversification on regional unemployment in Taiwan: is the portfolio theory applicable?," The Annals of Regional Science, Springer;Western Regional Science Association, vol. 43(4), pages 947-962, December.
- Saheum Hong & Yu Xiao, 2016. "The Influence of Multiple Specializations on Economic Performance in U.S. Metropolitan Areas," Sustainability, MDPI, Open Access Journal, vol. 8(9), pages 1-16, September.
- Jing Chen, 2017. "Geographical Scale, Industrial Diversity and Regional Economic Stability," Working Papers Working Paper 2017-03, Regional Research Institute, West Virginia University.
- Steven Deller & Philip Watson, 2016. "Did Regional Economic Diversity Influence The Effects Of The Great Recession?," Economic Inquiry, Western Economic Association International, vol. 54(4), pages 1824-1838, October.
- Jing Chen, 2018. "Economic Diversity and Regional Economic Performance: A Methodological Concern from Model Uncertainty," Working Papers Working Paper 2018-05, Regional Research Institute, West Virginia University.
- Joshua Drucker, 2009. "Trends in Regional Industrial Concentration in the United States," Working Papers 09-06, Center for Economic Studies, U.S. Census Bureau.
- Randall Jackson, 2015. "Fellows Address: Are Industry Clusters and Diversity Strange Bedfellows?," Working Papers Working Paper 2015-04, Regional Research Institute, West Virginia University.
More about this item
- J6 - Labor and Demographic Economics - - Mobility, Unemployment, Vacancies, and Immigrant Workers
- L1 - Industrial Organization - - Market Structure, Firm Strategy, and Market Performance
- R1 - Urban, Rural, Regional, Real Estate, and Transportation Economics - - General Regional Economics
- R5 - Urban, Rural, Regional, Real Estate, and Transportation Economics - - Regional Government Analysis
NEP fieldsThis paper has been announced in the following NEP Reports:
- NEP-ALL-2004-02-29 (All new papers)
- NEP-GEO-2004-02-29 (Economic Geography)
- NEP-URE-2004-02-29 (Urban & Real Estate Economics)
StatisticsAccess and download statistics
All material on this site has been provided by the respective publishers and authors. You can help correct errors and omissions. When requesting a correction, please mention this item's handle: RePEc:wiw:wiwrsa:ersa03p141. See general information about how to correct material in RePEc.
For technical questions regarding this item, or to correct its authors, title, abstract, bibliographic or download information, contact: (Gunther Maier). General contact details of provider: http://www.ersa.org .