Welfare and Inequality with Hard-to-Tax Markets
Download full text from publisher
Other versions of this item:
References listed on IDEAS
- Kanbur, Ravi & Keen, Michael & Tuomala, Matti, 1994.
"Optimal non-linear income taxation for the alleviation of income-poverty,"
European Economic Review,
Elsevier, vol. 38(8), pages 1613-1632, October.
- Ravi Kanbur & Michael Keen & Matti Tuomala, 1990. "Optimal Non-Linear Income Taxation for the Alleviation of Income Poverty," Working Papers 799, Queen's University, Department of Economics.
- Kanbur, R. & Keen, M. & Tuomala, M., 1990. "Optimal Non-Linear Income Taxation for the Alleviation of Income Poverty," The Warwick Economics Research Paper Series (TWERPS) 368, University of Warwick, Department of Economics.
- Kanbur, Ravi & Keen, Michael & Toumala, Matti, 1991. "Optimal non-linear income taxation for the alleviation of income poverty," Policy Research Working Paper Series 616, The World Bank.
- Marcelo Arbex & Enlinson Mattos, 2015.
"Optimal sales tax rebates and tax enforcement consumers,"
Oxford Economic Papers,
Oxford University Press, vol. 67(2), pages 479-493.
- Marcelo Arbex & Enlinson Mattos, 2013. "Optimal Sales Tax Rebates and Tax Enforcement Consumers," Working Papers 1302, University of Windsor, Department of Economics.
- Blomquist, Soren & Micheletto, Luca, 2006.
"Optimal redistributive taxation when government's and agents' preferences differ,"
Journal of Public Economics,
Elsevier, vol. 90(6-7), pages 1215-1233, August.
- Blomquist, Sören & Micheletto, Luca, 2005. "Optimal Redistributive Taxation when Government’s and Agents’ Preferences Differ," Working Paper Series 2005:7, Uppsala University, Department of Economics.
- Sören Blomquist & Luca Micheletto, 2005. "Optimal Redistributive Taxation when Government’s and Agents’ Preferences Differ," CESifo Working Paper Series 1429, CESifo Group Munich.
- Luciano G. Greco, 2011.
"Optimal Redistribution with Productive Social Services,"
Scandinavian Journal of Economics,
Wiley Blackwell, vol. 113(1), pages 55-73, March.
- Luciano Greco, 2006. "Optimal Redistribution With Productive Social Services," "Marco Fanno" Working Papers 0026, Dipartimento di Scienze Economiche "Marco Fanno".
- Gordon, Roger & Li, Wei, 2009.
"Tax structures in developing countries: Many puzzles and a possible explanation,"
Journal of Public Economics,
Elsevier, vol. 93(7-8), pages 855-866, August.
- Roger Gordon & Wei Li, 2005. "Tax Structure in Developing Countries: Many Puzzles and a Possible Explanation," NBER Working Papers 11267, National Bureau of Economic Research, Inc.
- Cuff, Katherine & Marceau, Nicolas & Mongrain, Steeve & Roberts, Joanne, 2011. "Optimal Policies with an Informal Sector," Journal of Public Economics, Elsevier, vol. 95(11), pages 1280-1291.
- Robin Boadway & Nicolas Marceau & Steeve Mongrain, 2002. "Joint tax evasion," Canadian Journal of Economics, Canadian Economics Association, vol. 35(3), pages 417-435, August.
- Das-Gupta, Arindam, 1994. "A Theory of Hard-to-Tax Groups," Public Finance = Finances publiques, , vol. 49(Supplemen), pages 28-39.
- Arbex Marcelo & Mattos Enlinson & Trudeau Christian, 2012. "Poverty, Informality and the Optimal General Income Tax Policy," The B.E. Journal of Economic Analysis & Policy, De Gruyter, vol. 12(1), pages 1-22, July.
- Juin-jen Chang & Ching-chong Lai, 2004. "Collaborative tax evasion and social norms: why deterrence does not work," Oxford Economic Papers, Oxford University Press, vol. 56(2), pages 344-368, April.
- Rita Almeida & Pedro Carneiro, 2012.
"Enforcement of Labor Regulation and Informality,"
American Economic Journal: Applied Economics,
American Economic Association, vol. 4(3), pages 64-89, July.
- Almeida, Rita K. & Carneiro, Pedro, 2011. "Enforcement of Labor Regulation and Informality," IZA Discussion Papers 5902, Institute for the Study of Labor (IZA).
- Rita Almeida & Pedro Carneiro, 2011. "Enforcement of labor regulation and informality," CeMMAP working papers CWP29/11, Centre for Microdata Methods and Practice, Institute for Fiscal Studies.
More about this item
KeywordsSales tax; Tax evasion; Hard-to-tax markets; Public good provision.;
- H1 - Public Economics - - Structure and Scope of Government
- H21 - Public Economics - - Taxation, Subsidies, and Revenue - - - Efficiency; Optimal Taxation
- H26 - Public Economics - - Taxation, Subsidies, and Revenue - - - Tax Evasion and Avoidance
NEP fieldsThis paper has been announced in the following NEP Reports:
- NEP-ALL-2014-11-01 (All new papers)
- NEP-IUE-2014-11-01 (Informal & Underground Economics)
- NEP-PBE-2014-11-01 (Public Economics)
- NEP-PUB-2014-11-01 (Public Finance)
StatisticsAccess and download statistics
All material on this site has been provided by the respective publishers and authors. You can help correct errors and omissions. When requesting a correction, please mention this item's handle: RePEc:wis:wpaper:1403. See general information about how to correct material in RePEc.
For technical questions regarding this item, or to correct its authors, title, abstract, bibliographic or download information, contact: (Christian Trudeau). General contact details of provider: http://edirc.repec.org/data/dwindca.html .