Convergence and shocks in the road to EU: Empirical investigations for Bulgaria and Romania
Download full text from publisher
Other versions of this item:
- J.M. Figuet & Nikolay Nenovsky, 2006. "Convergence and Shocks in the road to EU: Empirical investigations for Bulgaria and Romania," Post-Print halshs-00259703, HAL.
References listed on IDEAS
- Zsolt Darvas & György Szapáry, 2008.
"Business Cycle Synchronization in the Enlarged EU,"
Open Economies Review,
Springer, vol. 19(1), pages 1-19, February.
- Darvas, Zsolt & Szapáry, György, 2005. "Business Cycle Sychronization in the Enlarged EU," CEPR Discussion Papers 5179, C.E.P.R. Discussion Papers.
- Zsolt Darvas & György Szapáry, 2006. "Business Cycle Synchronization in the Enlarged EU," Working Papers 0604, Department of Mathematical Economics and Economic Analysis, Corvinus University of Budapest.
- Paul De Grauwe & Gunther Schnabl, 2004.
"Exchange Rate Regimes and Macroeconomic Stability in Central and Eastern Europe,"
CESifo Working Paper Series
1182, CESifo Group Munich.
- Paul De Grauwe & Gunther Schnabl, 2004. "Exchange Rate Regimes and Macroeconomic Stability in Central and Eastern Europe," International Finance 0404011, University Library of Munich, Germany.
- Mongelli, Francesco Paolo & De Grauwe, Paul, 2005.
"Endogeneities of optimum currency areas: what brings countries sharing a single currency closer together?,"
Working Paper Series
468, European Central Bank.
- Paul de Grauwe & Francesco Paolo Mongelli, 2005. "Endogeneities of Optimum Currency Areas: What brings Countries Sharing a Single Currency Closer together?," Working Papers de Economia (Economics Working Papers) 29, Departamento de Economia, Gestão e Engenharia Industrial, Universidade de Aveiro.
- Daniel Daianu & Laurian Lungu, 2007.
"Inflation Targeting, Between Rhetoric and Reality. The Case of Transition Economies,"
European Journal of Comparative Economics,
Cattaneo University (LIUC), vol. 4(1), pages 39-64, June.
- Daniel Daianu & Laurian Lungu, 2005. "Inflation Targeting, Between Rhetoric and Reality. The Case of Transition Economies," William Davidson Institute Working Papers Series wp743, William Davidson Institute at the University of Michigan.
- Fidrmuc, Jarko & Korhonen, Iikka, 2006.
"Meta-analysis of the business cycle correlation between the euro area and the CEECs,"
Journal of Comparative Economics,
Elsevier, vol. 34(3), pages 518-537, September.
- Jarko Fidrmuc & Iikka Korhonen, 2006. "Meta-Analysis of the Business Cycle Correlation between the Euro Area and the CEECs," CESifo Working Paper Series 1693, CESifo Group Munich.
- António Afonso & Christiane Nickel & Philipp C. Rother, 2006.
"Fiscal Consolidations in the Central and Eastern European Countries,"
Review of World Economics (Weltwirtschaftliches Archiv),
Springer;Institut für Weltwirtschaft (Kiel Institute for the World Economy), vol. 142(2), pages 402-421, July.
- Afonso, António & Nickel, Christiane & Rother, Philipp, 2005. "Fiscal consolidations in the Central and Eastern European countries," Working Paper Series 473, European Central Bank.
- António Afonso & Christiane Nickel & Philipp Rother, 2005. "Fiscal Consolidations in the Central and Eastern European Countries," Working Papers Department of Economics 2005/03, ISEG - Lisbon School of Economics and Management, Department of Economics, Universidade de Lisboa.
- Ignazio Angeloni & Michael Flad & Francesco Paolo Mongelli, 2005. "Economic and monetary integration of the new Member States - helping to chart the route," Occasional Paper Series 36, European Central Bank.
- Christoph Duenwald & Nikolay Gueorguiev & Andrea Schaechter, 2005. "Too Much of a Good Thing? Credit Booms in Transition Economies; The Cases of Bulgaria, Romania, and Ukraine," IMF Working Papers 05/128, International Monetary Fund.
- Urmas Varblane & Priit Vahter, 2005. "An Analysis Of The Economic Convergence Process In The Transition Countries," University of Tartu - Faculty of Economics and Business Administration Working Paper Series 37, Faculty of Economics and Business Administration, University of Tartu (Estonia).
- Angeloni, Ignazio & Flad, Michael & Mongelli, Francesco Paolo, 2005. "Economic and monetary integration of New Member States - helping to chart the route," Occasional Paper Series 36, European Central Bank.
- Süppel, Ralph, 2003. "Comparing economic dynamics in the EU and CEE accession countries," Working Paper Series 267, European Central Bank.
CitationsCitations are extracted by the CitEc Project, subscribe to its RSS feed for this item.
- Monica RÄƒileanu Szeles, 2012. "What Lies beyond the Romaniaâ€™s Economic Development," BRAND. Broad Research in Accounting, Negotiation, and Distribution, EduSoft Publishing, vol. 3(3), pages 54-63, December.
- Nikolay Nenovsky & Kiril Tochkov, 2013. "The Distribution Dynamics of Income in Central and Eastern Europe relative to the EU: A Nonparametric Analysis," William Davidson Institute Working Papers Series wp1063, William Davidson Institute at the University of Michigan.
- Hiranya Nath & Kiril Tochkov, 2013. "Relative inflation dynamics in the new EU member countries of Central and Eastern Europe," Empirical Economics, Springer, vol. 45(1), pages 1-22, August.
- Nikolay Nenovsky, 2010. "The Bulgarian Economic Thought since 1989: A Personal View," ICER Working Papers 21-2010, ICER - International Centre for Economic Research.
- Elena-Raluca, MOISESCU (DUICAN), 2014. "Economic Development And Convergence In Romania," Management Strategies Journal, Constantin Brancoveanu University, vol. 26(4), pages 159-165.
- Hubert Gabrisch & Lucjan T. Orlowski, 2010.
"Interest Rate Convergence in Euro-Candidate Countries: Volatility Dynamics of Sovereign Bond Yields,"
Emerging Markets Finance and Trade,
Taylor & Francis Journals, vol. 46(6), pages 69-85, November.
- Gabrisch, Hurbert & Orlowski, Lucjan, 2009. "Interest Rate Convergence in the Euro-Candidate Countries: Volatility Dynamics of Sovereign Bond Yields," Working Papers 2009001, Sacred Heart University, John F. Welch College of Business.
- Pelinescu, Elena, 2012. "Transmission Mechanism of Monetary Policy in Romania. Insights into the Economic Crisis," Journal for Economic Forecasting, Institute for Economic Forecasting, vol. 0(3), pages 5-21, September.
- Pelinescu, Elena & Caraiani, Petre, 2006. "Does the Inflation Targeting Have a Positive Role upon the Convergence of the Inflation Rate?," Journal for Economic Forecasting, Institute for Economic Forecasting, vol. 3(3), pages 39-50, September.
- Eftychia Tsanana & Constantinos Katrakilidis, 2014. "Do Balkan economies catch up with EU? New evidence from panel unit root analysis," Empirica, Springer;Austrian Institute for Economic Research;Austrian Economic Association, vol. 41(4), pages 641-662, November.
More about this item
Keywordsconvergence; shocks; EU enlargement; Bulgaria and Romania;
- E3 - Macroeconomics and Monetary Economics - - Prices, Business Fluctuations, and Cycles
- F4 - International Economics - - Macroeconomic Aspects of International Trade and Finance
- P2 - Economic Systems - - Socialist Systems and Transition Economies
NEP fieldsThis paper has been announced in the following NEP Reports:
- NEP-CBA-2006-07-02 (Central Banking)
- NEP-EEC-2006-07-02 (European Economics)
- NEP-FDG-2006-07-02 (Financial Development & Growth)
- NEP-FMK-2006-07-02 (Financial Markets)
- NEP-MAC-2006-07-02 (Macroeconomics)
- NEP-TRA-2006-07-02 (Transition Economics)
StatisticsAccess and download statistics
All material on this site has been provided by the respective publishers and authors. You can help correct errors and omissions. When requesting a correction, please mention this item's handle: RePEc:wdi:papers:2006-810. See general information about how to correct material in RePEc.
For technical questions regarding this item, or to correct its authors, title, abstract, bibliographic or download information, contact: (WDI). General contact details of provider: http://edirc.repec.org/data/wdumius.html .
If you have authored this item and are not yet registered with RePEc, we encourage you to do it here. This allows to link your profile to this item. It also allows you to accept potential citations to this item that we are uncertain about.
If you know of missing items citing this one, you can help us creating those links by adding the relevant references in the same way as above, for each refering item. If you are a registered author of this item, you may also want to check the "citations" tab in your RePEc Author Service profile, as there may be some citations waiting for confirmation.
Please note that corrections may take a couple of weeks to filter through the various RePEc services.