The Risk Aversion of Banks in Emerging Credit markets: Evidence from India
Download full text from publisher
References listed on IDEAS
- Acemoglu, Daron, 2001.
"Credit market imperfections and persistent unemployment,"
European Economic Review,
Elsevier, vol. 45(4-6), pages 665-679, May.
- Daron Acemoglu, 2000. "Credit Market Imperfections and Persistent Unemployment," NBER Working Papers 7938, National Bureau of Economic Research, Inc.
- Clarke, George & Cull, Robert & Martinez Peria, Maria Soledad & Sanchez, Susana M, 2005.
"Bank Lending to Small Businesses in Latin America: Does Bank Origin Matter?,"
Journal of Money, Credit and Banking,
Blackwell Publishing, vol. 37(1), pages 83-118, February.
- Clarke, George R. G. & Cull, Robert & Martinez Peria, Maria Soledad & Sanchez, Susana M., 2002. "Bank lending to small businesses in Latin America : does Bank origin matter?," Policy Research Working Paper Series 2760, The World Bank.
- Hirschey, Mark, 1999. "Managerial equity ownership and bank performance: entrenchment or size effects?," Economics Letters, Elsevier, vol. 64(2), pages 209-213, August.
- Bulir, Ales, 1998.
"Business Cycle in Czechoslovakia under Central Planning: Were Credit Shocks Causing It?,"
Journal of Comparative Economics,
Elsevier, vol. 26(2), pages 226-245, June.
- Ales Bulir, 1996. "Business Cycle in Czechoslovakia Under Central Planning; Were Credit Shocks Causing it?," IMF Working Papers 96/129, International Monetary Fund.
- Bhaumik, Sumon Kumar & Dimova, Ralitza, 2004.
"How important is ownership in a market with level playing field?: The Indian banking sector revisited,"
Journal of Comparative Economics,
Elsevier, vol. 32(1), pages 165-180, March.
- Sumon Kumar Bhaumik & Ralitza Dimova, 2003. "How Important is Ownership in a Market with Level Playing Field? The Indian Banking Sector Revisited," William Davidson Institute Working Papers Series 2003-569, William Davidson Institute at the University of Michigan.
- Sujata Visaria, 2009.
"Legal Reform and Loan Repayment: The Microeconomic Impact of Debt Recovery Tribunals in India,"
American Economic Journal: Applied Economics,
American Economic Association, vol. 1(3), pages 59-81, July.
- Sujata Visaria, 2006. "Legal Reform and Loan Repayment:The Microeconomic Impact of Debt Recovery Tribunals in India," Boston University - Department of Economics - Working Papers Series WP2006-023, Boston University - Department of Economics.
- Sujata Visaria, 2006. "Legal Reform and Loan Repayment: The Microeconomic Impact of Debt Recovery Tribunals in India," Boston University - Department of Economics - The Institute for Economic Development Working Papers Series dp-157, Boston University - Department of Economics.
- Bell, Clive & Rousseau, Peter L., 2001.
"Post-independence India: a case of finance-led industrialization?,"
Journal of Development Economics,
Elsevier, vol. 65(1), pages 153-175, June.
- Clive Bell & Peter L. Rousseau, 2000. "Post-Independence India: A Case of Finance-Led Industrialization?," Vanderbilt University Department of Economics Working Papers 0019, Vanderbilt University Department of Economics.
- Clarke, George R. G. & Cull, Robert & Martinez Peria, Maria Soledad, 2001. "Does foreign bank penetration reduce access to credit in developing countries"evidence from asking borrowers," Policy Research Working Paper Series 2716, The World Bank.
- Ma, Chien-Hui & Smith, Bruce D., 1996. "Credit market imperfections and economic development: Theory and evidence," Journal of Development Economics, Elsevier, vol. 48(2), pages 351-387, March.
- Gertler, Mark & Gilchrist, Simon, 1993.
"The cyclical behavior of short-term business lending: Implications for financial propagation mechanisms,"
European Economic Review,
Elsevier, vol. 37(2-3), pages 623-631, April.
- Mark Gertler & Simon Gilchrist, 1993. "The cyclical behavior of short term business lending: implications for financial propagation mechanisms," Finance and Economics Discussion Series 93-6, Board of Governors of the Federal Reserve System (U.S.).
- Sarkar, Jayati & Sarkar, Subrata & Bhaumik, Sumon K., 1998. "Does Ownership Always Matter?--Evidence from the Indian Banking Industry," Journal of Comparative Economics, Elsevier, vol. 26(2), pages 262-281, June.
- Clarke, George R. G. & Cull, Robert & D'Amato, Laura & Molinari, Andrea, 1999. "The effect of foreign entry on Argentina's domestic banking sector," Policy Research Working Paper Series 2158, The World Bank.
CitationsCitations are extracted by the CitEc Project, subscribe to its RSS feed for this item.
- Muneesh Kumar & Padmasai Arora, 2010. "Bank efficiency measurement using alternative techniques of frontier analysis: evidence from India," Afro-Asian Journal of Finance and Accounting, Inderscience Enterprises Ltd, vol. 2(1), pages 40-69.
More about this item
KeywordsIndian banking; Development; Credit-to-deposit ratio; Risk aversion;
- G21 - Financial Economics - - Financial Institutions and Services - - - Banks; Other Depository Institutions; Micro Finance Institutions; Mortgages
- O16 - Economic Development, Innovation, Technological Change, and Growth - - Economic Development - - - Financial Markets; Saving and Capital Investment; Corporate Finance and Governance
NEP fieldsThis paper has been announced in the following NEP Reports:
- NEP-ALL-2006-06-03 (All new papers)
- NEP-CBA-2006-06-03 (Central Banking)
- NEP-CWA-2006-06-03 (Central & Western Asia)
- NEP-DEV-2006-06-03 (Development)
- NEP-FIN-2006-06-03 (Finance)
- NEP-FMK-2006-06-03 (Financial Markets)
StatisticsAccess and download statistics
All material on this site has been provided by the respective publishers and authors. You can help correct errors and omissions. When requesting a correction, please mention this item's handle: RePEc:wdi:papers:2005-774. See general information about how to correct material in RePEc.
For technical questions regarding this item, or to correct its authors, title, abstract, bibliographic or download information, contact: (WDI). General contact details of provider: http://edirc.repec.org/data/wdumius.html .