Reforms, Productivity, and Efficiency in Banking: The Indian Experience
Download full text from publisher
References listed on IDEAS
- Maudos, Joaquin & Pastor, Jose M. & Perez, Francisco & Quesada, Javier, 2002. "Cost and profit efficiency in European banks," Journal of International Financial Markets, Institutions and Money, Elsevier, vol. 12(1), pages 33-58, February.
- Williams, Jonathan & Nguyen, Nghia, 2005. "Financial liberalisation, crisis, and restructuring: A comparative study of bank performance and bank governance in South East Asia," Journal of Banking & Finance, Elsevier, vol. 29(8-9), pages 2119-2154, August.
- J. Stiglitz, 1998. "More Instruments and Broader Goals: Moving toward the PostWashington Consensus," VOPROSY ECONOMIKI, N.P. Redaktsiya zhurnala "Voprosy Economiki", vol. 8.
- Bell, Clive & Rousseau, Peter L., 2001.
"Post-independence India: a case of finance-led industrialization?,"
Journal of Development Economics,
Elsevier, vol. 65(1), pages 153-175, June.
- Clive Bell & Peter L. Rousseau, 2000. "Post-Independence India: A Case of Finance-Led Industrialization?," Vanderbilt University Department of Economics Working Papers 0019, Vanderbilt University Department of Economics.
- Allen N. Berger & David B. Humphrey, 1992.
"Measurement and Efficiency Issues in Commercial Banking,"
NBER Chapters,in: Output Measurement in the Service Sectors, pages 245-300
National Bureau of Economic Research, Inc.
- Allen N. Berger & David B. Humphrey, 1990. "Measurement and efficiency issues in commercial banking," Finance and Economics Discussion Series 151, Board of Governors of the Federal Reserve System (U.S.).
- Asli Demirgüç-Kunt & Vojislav Maksimovic, 1998. "Law, Finance, and Firm Growth," Journal of Finance, American Finance Association, vol. 53(6), pages 2107-2137, December.
- Bhaumik, Sumon Kumar & Dimova, Ralitza, 2004.
"How important is ownership in a market with level playing field?: The Indian banking sector revisited,"
Journal of Comparative Economics,
Elsevier, vol. 32(1), pages 165-180, March.
- Sumon Kumar Bhaumik & Ralitza Dimova, 2003. "How Important is Ownership in a Market with Level Playing Field? The Indian Banking Sector Revisited," William Davidson Institute Working Papers Series 2003-569, William Davidson Institute at the University of Michigan.
- Joaquin Maudos & Jose Pastor, 2001. "Cost and profit efficiency in banking: an international comparison of Europe, Japan and the USA," Applied Economics Letters, Taylor & Francis Journals, vol. 8(6), pages 383-387.
- Sarkar, Jayati & Sarkar, Subrata & Bhaumik, Sumon K., 1998. "Does Ownership Always Matter?--Evidence from the Indian Banking Industry," Journal of Comparative Economics, Elsevier, vol. 26(2), pages 262-281, June.
CitationsCitations are extracted by the CitEc Project, subscribe to its RSS feed for this item.
- repec:eee:ecosys:v:41:y:2017:i:1:p:109-121 is not listed on IDEAS
- Olanrewaju Makinde Hassan, 2014. "Achieving Quality Output in the Nigerian Banking Sector through Total Quality Management Skills," International Journal of Business Administration, International Journal of Business Administration, Sciedu Press, vol. 5(1), pages 99-110, January.
- Anup Kumar Bhandari, 2010. "Total Factor Productivity Growth and Its Decomposition: An Assessment of the Indian Banking Sector in the True Liberalised Era," Working Papers id:3181, eSocialSciences.
More about this item
StatisticsAccess and download statistics
All material on this site has been provided by the respective publishers and authors. You can help correct errors and omissions. When requesting a correction, please mention this item's handle: RePEc:pid:journl:v:44:y:2005:i:4:p:505-538. See general information about how to correct material in RePEc.
For technical questions regarding this item, or to correct its authors, title, abstract, bibliographic or download information, contact: (Khurram Iqbal) or (Rebekah McClure). General contact details of provider: http://edirc.repec.org/data/pideipk.html .
If you have authored this item and are not yet registered with RePEc, we encourage you to do it here. This allows to link your profile to this item. It also allows you to accept potential citations to this item that we are uncertain about.
If you know of missing items citing this one, you can help us creating those links by adding the relevant references in the same way as above, for each refering item. If you are a registered author of this item, you may also want to check the "citations" tab in your RePEc Author Service profile, as there may be some citations waiting for confirmation.
Please note that corrections may take a couple of weeks to filter through the various RePEc services.