The cyclical behavior of short-term business lending: Implications for financial propagation mechanisms
Download full text from publisher
As the access to this document is restricted, you may want to look for a different version below or search for a different version of it.
Other versions of this item:
- Mark Gertler & Simon Gilchrist, 1993. "The cyclical behavior of short term business lending: implications for financial propagation mechanisms," Finance and Economics Discussion Series 93-6, Board of Governors of the Federal Reserve System (U.S.).
CitationsCitations are extracted by the CitEc Project, subscribe to its RSS feed for this item.
- Kashyap, Anil K. & Stein, Jeremy C., 1995.
"The impact of monetary policy on bank balance sheets,"
Carnegie-Rochester Conference Series on Public Policy,
Elsevier, vol. 42(1), pages 151-195, June.
- Anil K. Kashyap & Jeremy C. Stein, 1994. "The Impact of Monetary Policy on Bank Balance Sheets," NBER Working Papers 4821, National Bureau of Economic Research, Inc.
- repec:bis:bisbps:95 is not listed on IDEAS
- Cieply Sylvie, 2001. "The Radical Change of French Firms’ Financial Characteristics. Macroeconomic Consequences and Lessons for Political Economics / Die französische Finanzrevolution. Die Folgen für die Finanzstruktur der," Journal of Economics and Statistics (Jahrbuecher fuer Nationaloekonomie und Statistik), De Gruyter, vol. 221(5-6), pages 556-576, October.
- Stefanos Papadamou & Vaggelis Arvanitis & Costas Siriopoulos, 2014. "A Bank Lending Channel that is Working via Housing or via Consumer Loans? Evidence from Europe," Bulletin of Applied Economics, Risk Market Journals, vol. 1(1), pages 15-34.
- Bhaumik, Sumon Kumar & Piesse, Jenifer, 2008.
"Does lending behaviour of banks in emerging economies vary by ownership? Evidence from the Indian banking sector,"
Elsevier, vol. 32(2), pages 177-196, June.
- Sumon Kumar Bhaumik & Jenifer Piesse, 2006. "Does lending behaviour of banks in emerging economies vary by ownership? Evidence from the Indian banking sector," CEDI Discussion Paper Series 06-01, Centre for Economic Development and Institutions(CEDI), Brunel University.
- Sebastian Edwards & Francis A. Longstaff & Alvaro Garcia Marin, 2015. "The U.S. Debt Restructuring of 1933: Consequences and Lessons," NBER Working Papers 21694, National Bureau of Economic Research, Inc.
- Honohan, Patrick, 1993. "An Examination of Irish Currency Policy," Research Series, Economic and Social Research Institute (ESRI), number PRS18.
- K Blackburn & D Varvarigos, 2005. "Growth, Uncertainty and Finance," Centre for Growth and Business Cycle Research Discussion Paper Series 48, Economics, The Univeristy of Manchester.
- Castillo, Carlos, 2014. "Inflation targeting and exchange rate volatility smoothing: A two-target, two-instrument approach," Economic Modelling, Elsevier, vol. 43(C), pages 330-345.
- Norhana Endut & James Morley & Pao-Lin Tien, 2018.
"The changing transmission mechanism of US monetary policy,"
Springer, vol. 54(3), pages 959-987, May.
- Norhana Endut & James Morley & Pao-Lin Tien, 2015. "The Changing Transmission Mechanism of U.S. Monetary Policy," Discussion Papers 2015-03, School of Economics, The University of New South Wales.
- Keith Blackburn & Dimitrios Varvarigos, 2005. "Growth, Uncertainty and Finance," The School of Economics Discussion Paper Series 0525, Economics, The University of Manchester.
- E. P. Davis, 2001. "Multiple Avenues of Intermediation, Corporate Finance and Financial Stability," IMF Working Papers 01/115, International Monetary Fund.
- Julieta Caunedo, 2013. "Industry Dynamics, Investment and Business Cycles," 2013 Meeting Papers 1078, Society for Economic Dynamics.
- R. Bonci & F. Columba, 2008.
"Monetary policy effects: new evidence from the Italian flow-of-funds,"
Taylor & Francis Journals, vol. 40(21), pages 2803-2818.
- Riccardo Bonci & Francesco Columba, 2008. "Monetary Policy Effects: New Evidence from the Italian Flow of Funds," Temi di discussione (Economic working papers) 678, Bank of Italy, Economic Research and International Relations Area.
- Dhawan, Rajeev, 2001. "Firm size and productivity differential: theory and evidence from a panel of US firms," Journal of Economic Behavior & Organization, Elsevier, vol. 44(3), pages 269-293, March.
- TSURUTA Daisuke & UCHIDA Hirofumi, 2013. "Real Driver of Trade Credit," Discussion papers 13037, Research Institute of Economy, Trade and Industry (RIETI).
- den Haan, Wouter J. & Sumner, Steven W. & Yamashiro, Guy M., 2007.
"Bank loan portfolios and the monetary transmission mechanism,"
Journal of Monetary Economics,
Elsevier, vol. 54(3), pages 904-924, April.
- Den Haan, Wouter & Sumner, Steven & Yamashiro, Guy, 2004. "Banks' Loan Portfolio and the Monetary Transmission Mechanism," CEPR Discussion Papers 4725, C.E.P.R. Discussion Papers.
- Dimitrios Varvarigos & Keith Blackburn, 2005. "Growth, Uncertainty and Finance," Money Macro and Finance (MMF) Research Group Conference 2005 12, Money Macro and Finance Research Group.
- Drautzburg, Thorsten, 2016. "Just How Important Are New Businesses?," Economic Insights, Federal Reserve Bank of Philadelphia, vol. 1(4), pages 1-7, Q4.
- Lawrence J. Christiano & Martin Eichenbaum & Charles Evans, 1994. "The Effects of Monetary Policy Shocks: Some Evidence from the Flow of Funds," NBER Working Papers 4699, National Bureau of Economic Research, Inc.
- Musso, Alberto & Neri, Stefano & Stracca, Livio, 2011.
"Housing, consumption and monetary policy: How different are the US and the euro area?,"
Journal of Banking & Finance,
Elsevier, vol. 35(11), pages 3019-3041, November.
- Musso, Alberto & Neri, Stefano & Stracca, Livio, 2010. "Housing, consumption and monetary policy: how different are the US and the euro area?," Working Paper Series 1161, European Central Bank.
- Alberto Musso & Stefano Neri & Livio Stracca, 2011. "Housing, consumption and monetary policy: how different are the U.S. and the euro area?," Temi di discussione (Economic working papers) 807, Bank of Italy, Economic Research and International Relations Area.
- I. Arnold & C.J.M. Kool & K. Raabe, 2011. "Industry Effects of Bank Lending in Germany," Working Papers 11-21, Utrecht School of Economics.
- Sumon Kumar Bhaumik & Jenifer Piesse, 2005. "The Risk Aversion of Banks in Emerging Credit markets: Evidence from India," William Davidson Institute Working Papers Series wp774, William Davidson Institute at the University of Michigan.
More about this item
StatisticsAccess and download statistics
All material on this site has been provided by the respective publishers and authors. You can help correct errors and omissions. When requesting a correction, please mention this item's handle: RePEc:eee:eecrev:v:37:y:1993:i:2-3:p:623-631. See general information about how to correct material in RePEc.
For technical questions regarding this item, or to correct its authors, title, abstract, bibliographic or download information, contact: (Dana Niculescu). General contact details of provider: http://www.elsevier.com/locate/eer .
If you have authored this item and are not yet registered with RePEc, we encourage you to do it here. This allows to link your profile to this item. It also allows you to accept potential citations to this item that we are uncertain about.
We have no references for this item. You can help adding them by using this form .
If you know of missing items citing this one, you can help us creating those links by adding the relevant references in the same way as above, for each refering item. If you are a registered author of this item, you may also want to check the "citations" tab in your RePEc Author Service profile, as there may be some citations waiting for confirmation.
Please note that corrections may take a couple of weeks to filter through the various RePEc services.