Investment decision making under deep uncertainty -- application to climate change
Download full text from publisher
Other versions of this item:
- Stéphane Hallegatte, 2012. "Investment decision-making under deep uncertainty - application to climate change," Post-Print hal-00802049, HAL.
References listed on IDEAS
- Robert W. Hahn & Richard L. Schmalensee & Roger Noll & Robert Stavins & Lester B. Lave & George C. Eads & Milton Russell & V. Kerry Smith & Maureen L. Cropper & Paul R. Portney & Kenneth J. Arrow, 1996. "Benefit-Cost Analysis in Environmental, Health, and Safety Regulation," Books, American Enterprise Institute, number 51790.
- Hypatia Nassopoulos & Patrice Dumas & Stéphane Hallegatte, 2012.
"Adaptation to an uncertain climate change: cost benefit analysis and robust decision making for dam dimensioning,"
Springer, vol. 114(3), pages 497-508, October.
- Hypatia Nassopoulos & Patrice Dumas & Stéphane Hallegatte, 2012. "Adaptation to an uncertain climate change: cost benefit analysis and robust decision making for dam dimensioning," Post-Print hal-00719113, HAL.
- Hoyt Bleakley & Jeffrey Lin, 2012.
"Portage and Path Dependence,"
The Quarterly Journal of Economics,
Oxford University Press, vol. 127(2), pages 587-644.
- Hoyt Bleakley & Jeffrey Lin, 2010. "Portage: path dependence and increasing returns in U.S. history," Working Papers 10-27, Federal Reserve Bank of Philadelphia.
- Hoyt Bleakley & Jeffrey Lin, 2011. "Portage and path dependence," Working Papers 11-38, Federal Reserve Bank of Philadelphia.
- Gollier, Christian & Treich, Nicolas, 2003. "Decision-Making under Scientific Uncertainty: The Economics of the Precautionary Principle," Journal of Risk and Uncertainty, Springer, vol. 27(1), pages 77-103, August.
- Ha-Duong, Minh, 1998. "Quasi-option value and climate policy choices," Energy Economics, Elsevier, vol. 20(5-6), pages 599-620, December.
- Pindyck, Robert S., 2002. "Optimal timing problems in environmental economics," Journal of Economic Dynamics and Control, Elsevier, vol. 26(9-10), pages 1677-1697, August.
- Hoyt Bleakley & Jeffrey Lin, 2010.
"Portage: path dependence and increasing returns in U.S. history,"
10-27, Federal Reserve Bank of Philadelphia.
- Hoyt Bleakley & Jeffrey Lin, 2010. "Portage: Path Dependence and Increasing Returns in U.S. History," NBER Working Papers 16314, National Bureau of Economic Research, Inc.
- Robert J. Lempert & David G. Groves & Steven W. Popper & Steve C. Bankes, 2006. "A General, Analytic Method for Generating Robust Strategies and Narrative Scenarios," Management Science, INFORMS, vol. 52(4), pages 514-528, April.
- Francois Gusdorf & Stéphane Hallegatte & Alain Lahellec, 2007.
"Time and space matter: how urban transitions create inequality,"
CIRED Working Papers
- F. Gusdorf & Stéphane Hallegatte & A. Lahellec, 2008. "Time and space matter: How urban transitions create inequality," Post-Print hal-00719283, HAL.
- Heal, Geoffrey, 2005. "Intertemporal Welfare Economics and the Environment," Handbook of Environmental Economics,in: K. G. Mäler & J. R. Vincent (ed.), Handbook of Environmental Economics, edition 1, volume 3, chapter 21, pages 1105-1145 Elsevier.
- Martin L. Weitzman, 2009.
"On Modeling and Interpreting the Economics of Catastrophic Climate Change,"
The Review of Economics and Statistics,
MIT Press, vol. 91(1), pages 1-19, February.
- Weitzman, Martin L., 2009. "On Modeling and Interpreting the Economics of Catastrophic Climate Change," Scholarly Articles 3693423, Harvard University Department of Economics.
- Hallegatte, Stephane, 2011. "How economic growth and rational decisions can make disaster losses grow faster than wealth," Policy Research Working Paper Series 5617, The World Bank.
- Henry, Claude, 1974. "Investment Decisions Under Uncertainty: The "Irreversibility Effect."," American Economic Review, American Economic Association, vol. 64(6), pages 1006-1012, December.
- repec:reg:ranaly:184 is not listed on IDEAS
- Harvey, Charles M., 1994. "The reasonableness of non-constant discounting," Journal of Public Economics, Elsevier, vol. 53(1), pages 31-51, January.
CitationsCitations are extracted by the CitEc Project, subscribe to its RSS feed for this item.
- Koppelaar, Rembrandt H.E.M. & Keirstead, James & Shah, Nilay & Woods, Jeremy, 2016. "A review of policy analysis purpose and capabilities of electricity system models," Renewable and Sustainable Energy Reviews, Elsevier, vol. 59(C), pages 1531-1544.
- repec:eee:juipol:v:51:y:2018:i:c:p:51-60 is not listed on IDEAS
- Dethier, Jean-Jacques & Morrill, Curtis, 2012. "The great recession and the future of cities," Policy Research Working Paper Series 6256, The World Bank.
- Sussman Fran & Weaver Christopher P. & Grambsch Anne, 2014. "Challenges in applying the paradigm of welfare economics to climate change," Journal of Benefit-Cost Analysis, De Gruyter, vol. 5(3), pages 347-376, December.
- J. Jäger & M. Rounsevell & P. Harrison & I. Omann & R. Dunford & M. Kammerlander & G. Pataki, 2015. "Assessing policy robustness of climate change adaptation measures across sectors and scenarios," Climatic Change, Springer, vol. 128(3), pages 395-407, February.
- Butler, C. & Demski, C. & Parkhill, K. & Pidgeon, N. & Spence, A., 2015. "Public values for energy futures: Framing, indeterminacy and policy making," Energy Policy, Elsevier, vol. 87(C), pages 665-672.
- Bhave, Ajay Gajanan & Conway, Declan & Dessai, Suraje & Stainforth, David A., 2017. "Barriers and opportunities for robust decision making approaches to support climate change adaptation in the developing world," LSE Research Online Documents on Economics 68318, London School of Economics and Political Science, LSE Library.
- Jan Kwakkel & Marjolijn Haasnoot & Warren Walker, 2015. "Developing dynamic adaptive policy pathways: a computer-assisted approach for developing adaptive strategies for a deeply uncertain world," Climatic Change, Springer, vol. 132(3), pages 373-386, October.
- Stéphane Hallegatte, 2012.
"An exploration of the link between development, economic growth, and natural risk,"
- Hallegatte, Stephane, 2012. "An exploration of the link between development, economic growth, and natural risk," Policy Research Working Paper Series 6216, The World Bank.
- Stéphane Hallegatte, 2013. "An Exploration of the Link Between Development, Economic Growth, and Natural Risk," Working Papers 2013.29, Fondazione Eni Enrico Mattei.
- repec:spr:climat:v:144:y:2017:i:4:d:10.1007_s10584-017-2062-5 is not listed on IDEAS
- Kwakkel, J.H. & Cunningham, S.C., 2016. "Improving scenario discovery by bagging random boxes," Technological Forecasting and Social Change, Elsevier, vol. 111(C), pages 124-134.
- Cira,Dean A. & Kalra,Nidhi Rajiv & Lempert,Robert J. & Lotsch,Alexander & Mao, Zhimin & Peyraud, Suzanne & Bach,Sinh Tan, 2013. "Ensuring robust flood risk management in Ho Chi Minh city," Policy Research Working Paper Series 6465, The World Bank.
- Lempert Robert J., 2014. "Embedding (some) benefit-cost concepts into decision support processes with deep uncertainty," Journal of Benefit-Cost Analysis, De Gruyter, vol. 5(3), pages 487-514, December.
- Bonzanigo, Laura & Kalra, Nidhi, 2014. "Making informed investment decisions in an uncertain world : a short demonstration," Policy Research Working Paper Series 6765, The World Bank.
- Thomas D. Pol & Ekko C. Ierland & Silke Gabbert, 2017. "Economic analysis of adaptive strategies for flood risk management under climate change," Mitigation and Adaptation Strategies for Global Change, Springer, vol. 22(2), pages 267-285, February.
- Dittrich, Ruth & Wreford, Anita & Moran, Dominic, 2016. "A survey of decision-making approaches for climate change adaptation: Are robust methods the way forward?," Ecological Economics, Elsevier, vol. 122(C), pages 79-89.
- World Bank, 2012. "Inclusive Green Growth : The Pathway to Sustainable Development," World Bank Publications, The World Bank, number 6058.
More about this item
KeywordsClimate Change Economics; Climate Change Mitigation and Green House Gases; Science of Climate Change; Global Environment Facility; Water Supply and Sanitation Governance and Institutions;
NEP fieldsThis paper has been announced in the following NEP Reports:
- NEP-ALL-2012-09-16 (All new papers)
- NEP-ENE-2012-09-16 (Energy Economics)
- NEP-ENV-2012-09-16 (Environmental Economics)
- NEP-PPM-2012-09-16 (Project, Program & Portfolio Management)
- NEP-RES-2012-09-16 (Resource Economics)
- NEP-UPT-2012-09-16 (Utility Models & Prospect Theory)
StatisticsAccess and download statistics
All material on this site has been provided by the respective publishers and authors. You can help correct errors and omissions. When requesting a correction, please mention this item's handle: RePEc:wbk:wbrwps:6193. See general information about how to correct material in RePEc.
For technical questions regarding this item, or to correct its authors, title, abstract, bibliographic or download information, contact: (Roula I. Yazigi). General contact details of provider: http://edirc.repec.org/data/dvewbus.html .