The impact of commodity price changes on rural households : the case of coffee in Uganda
Download full text from publisher
References listed on IDEAS
- Dorosh, Paul A. & El-Said, Moataz & Lofgren, Hans, 2003. "Technical Change, Market Incentives And Rural Incomes: A Cge Analysis Of Uganda'S Agriculture," 2003 Annual Meeting, August 16-22, 2003, Durban, South Africa 25846, International Association of Agricultural Economists.
- Kappel, Robert & Lay, Jann & Steiner, Susan, 2005.
"Uganda: No more pro-poor growth?,"
Proceedings of the German Development Economics Conference, Kiel 2005
31, Verein für Socialpolitik, Research Committee Development Economics.
- Kappel, Robert & Lay, Jann & Steiner, Susan, 2005. "Uganda: No more pro-poor growth?," Open Access Publications from Kiel Institute for the World Economy 3504, Kiel Institute for the World Economy (IfW).
- L. ALAN WINTERS & NEIL McCULLOCH & ANDREW McKAY, 2015.
"Trade Liberalization and Poverty: The Evidence So Far,"
World Scientific Book Chapters,in: Non-Tariff Barriers, Regionalism and Poverty Essays in Applied International Trade Analysis, chapter 14, pages 271-314
World Scientific Publishing Co. Pte. Ltd..
- L. Alan Winters & Neil McCulloch & Andrew McKay, 2004. "Trade Liberalization and Poverty: The Evidence So Far," Journal of Economic Literature, American Economic Association, vol. 42(1), pages 72-115, March.
- Krivonos, Ekaterina, 2004.
"The impact of coffee market reforms on producer prices and price transmission,"
Policy Research Working Paper Series
3358, The World Bank.
- Krivonos, Ekaterina, 2005. "The impact of coffee market reforms on producer prices and price transmission," 2005 Annual meeting, July 24-27, Providence, RI 19315, American Agricultural Economics Association (New Name 2008: Agricultural and Applied Economics Association).
- Scott McDonald & Arja & Lindsay Chant, 2004. "The Role of the 1994-95 Coffee Boom in Uganda's Recovery," Working Papers 2004011, The University of Sheffield, Department of Economics, revised Aug 2004.
- Marcel Fafchamps & Ruth Vargas Hill, 2005. "Selling at the Farmgate or Traveling to Market," American Journal of Agricultural Economics, Agricultural and Applied Economics Association, vol. 87(3), pages 717-734.
- Ritva Reinikka & Paul Collier, 2001. "Uganda's Recovery : The Role of Farms, Firms, and Government," World Bank Publications, The World Bank, number 13850.
- Marcel Fafchamps & Ruth Vargas Hill & Aliziki Kaudha & Robert Waggwa Nsibirwa, 2003.
"The transmission of international commodity prices to domestic producers,"
CSAE Working Paper Series
2003-14, Centre for the Study of African Economies, University of Oxford.
- Marcel Fafchamps & Ruth Hill & Aliziki Kaudha, 2004. "The Transmission of International Commodity Prices to Domestic Producers," Development and Comp Systems 0409038, EconWPA.
- repec:zbw:ifwkie:3715 is not listed on IDEAS
- Adam Blake & Andrew McKay & Oliver Morrissey, 2002. "The Impact on Uganda of Agricultural Trade Liberalisation," Journal of Agricultural Economics, Wiley Blackwell, vol. 53(2), pages 365-381.
- Belshaw, Deryke & Lawrence, Peter & Hubbard, Michael, 1999. "Agricultural Tradables and Economic Recovery in Uganda: The Limitations of Structural Adjustment in Practice," World Development, Elsevier, vol. 27(4), pages 673-690, April.
CitationsCitations are extracted by the CitEc Project, subscribe to its RSS feed for this item.
- Maurizio Bussolo & Olivier Godart & Jann Lay & Rainer Thiele, 2007.
"The impact of coffee price changes on rural households in Uganda,"
International Association of Agricultural Economists, pages 293-303.
- Bussolo, Maurizio & Godart, Olivier & Lay, Jann & Thiele, Rainer, 2006. "The Impact of Coffee Price Changes on Rural Households in Uganda," 2006 Annual Meeting, August 12-18, 2006, Queensland, Australia 25345, International Association of Agricultural Economists.
- Golan, Jennifer & Lay, Jann, 2008. "More coffee, more cigarettes? Coffee market liberalisation, gender, and bargaining in Uganda," Kiel Working Papers 1402, Kiel Institute for the World Economy (IfW).
- Aksoy , M. Ataman & Isik-Dikmelik, Aylin, 2008. "Are low food prices pro-poor ? net food buyers and sellers in low-income countries," Policy Research Working Paper Series 4642, The World Bank.
- Lay, Jann & Golan, Jennifer, 2009.
"The Impact of Agricultural Market Liberalisation from a Gender Perspective: Evidence from Uganda,"
Proceedings of the German Development Economics Conference, Frankfurt a.M. 2009
20, Verein für Socialpolitik, Research Committee Development Economics.
- Lay, Jann & Golan, Jennifer, 2009. "The Impact of Agricultural Market Liberalisation from a Gender Perspective: Evidence from Uganda," Open Access Publications from Kiel Institute for the World Economy 39944, Kiel Institute for the World Economy (IfW).
- Esther K. Ishengoma & Robert Kappel, 2008. "Business Constraints and Growth Potential of Micro and Small Manufacturing Enterprises in Uganda," GIGA Working Paper Series 78, GIGA German Institute of Global and Area Studies.
- Fjelde, Hanne, 2015. "Farming or Fighting? Agricultural Price Shocks and Civil War in Africa," World Development, Elsevier, vol. 67(C), pages 525-534.
- Sasha C. Breger Bush, 2010. "The World Bank’s approach to increasing the vulnerability of small coffee producers," Brooks World Poverty Institute Working Paper Series 11310, BWPI, The University of Manchester.
More about this item
KeywordsCrops&Crop Management Systems; Markets and Market Access; Rural Poverty Reduction; Access to Markets;
NEP fieldsThis paper has been announced in the following NEP Reports:
- NEP-AFR-2007-01-13 (Africa)
- NEP-AGR-2007-01-13 (Agricultural Economics)
- NEP-ALL-2007-01-13 (All new papers)
- NEP-DEV-2007-01-13 (Development)
StatisticsAccess and download statistics
All material on this site has been provided by the respective publishers and authors. You can help correct errors and omissions. When requesting a correction, please mention this item's handle: RePEc:wbk:wbrwps:4088. See general information about how to correct material in RePEc.
For technical questions regarding this item, or to correct its authors, title, abstract, bibliographic or download information, contact: (Roula I. Yazigi). General contact details of provider: http://edirc.repec.org/data/dvewbus.html .