Location and welfare in cities: impacts of policy interventions on the urban poor
Download full text from publisher
References listed on IDEAS
- Somik Lall & Uwe Deichmann & Mattias KA Lundberg & Nazmul Chaudhury, 2004.
"Tenure, Diversity and Commitment: Community Participation for Urban Service Provision,"
Journal of Development Studies,
Taylor & Francis Journals, vol. 40(3), pages 1-26.
- Lall, Somik V. & Deichmann, Uwe & Lundberg, Mattias K.A. & Chaudhury, Nazmul, 2002. "Tenure, Divesity, and commitment - community participation for urban service provision," Policy Research Working Paper Series 2862, The World Bank.
- McGuire, Martin, 1974. "Group Segregation and Optimal Jurisdictions," Journal of Political Economy, University of Chicago Press, vol. 82(1), pages 112-132, Jan.-Feb..
- Patrick Bayer & Robert McMillan & Kim Rueben, 2004. "Residential Segregation in General Equilibrium," Working Papers 885, Economic Growth Center, Yale University.
- Jha, Saumitra & Rao, Vijayendra & Woolcock, Michael, 2007.
"Governance in the Gullies: Democratic Responsiveness and Leadership in Delhi's Slums,"
Elsevier, vol. 35(2), pages 230-246, February.
- Jha, Saumitra & Rao, Vijayendra & Woolcock, Michael, 2005. "Governance in the gullies : democratic responsiveness and leadership in Delhi's slums," Policy Research Working Paper Series 3694, The World Bank.
- Daniel McFadden, 1977. "Modelling the Choice of Residential Location," Cowles Foundation Discussion Papers 477, Cowles Foundation for Research in Economics, Yale University.
- Baland, J.M. & Platteau, J.P., 1994. "Does Hiterogeneity Hinder Collective Action," Papers 146, Notre-Dame de la Paix, Sciences Economiques et Sociales.
- Schelling, Thomas C, 1969. "Models of Segregation," American Economic Review, American Economic Association, vol. 59(2), pages 488-493, May.
- Ross, Stephen & Yinger, John, 1999. "Sorting and voting: A review of the literature on urban public finance," Handbook of Regional and Urban Economics,in: P. C. Cheshire & E. S. Mills (ed.), Handbook of Regional and Urban Economics, edition 1, volume 3, chapter 47, pages 2001-2060 Elsevier.
CitationsCitations are extracted by the CitEc Project, subscribe to its RSS feed for this item.
- Sharon Barnhardt & Erica Field & Rohini Pande, 2017.
"Moving to Opportunity or Isolation? Network Effects of a Randomized Housing Lottery in Urban India,"
American Economic Journal: Applied Economics,
American Economic Association, vol. 9(1), pages 1-32, January.
- Barnhardt, Sharon & Field, Erica & Pande, Rohini, 2015. "Moving to Opportunity or Isolation? Network Effects of a Randomized Housing Lottery in Urban India," CEPR Discussion Papers 10746, C.E.P.R. Discussion Papers.
- Barnhardt, Sharon & Field, Erica & Pande, Rohini, 2015. "Moving to Opportunity or Isolation? Network Effects of a Randomized Housing Lottery in Urban India," Working Paper Series rwp15-043, Harvard University, John F. Kennedy School of Government.
- Sharon Barnhardt & Erica Field & Rohini Pande, 2015. "Moving to Opportunity or Isolation? Network Effects of a Randomized Housing Lottery in Urban India," NBER Working Papers 21419, National Bureau of Economic Research, Inc.
- Barnhardt, Sharon & Field, Erica & Pande, Rohini, 2014. "Moving to Opportunity or Isolation? Network Effects of a Slum Relocation Program in India," IIMA Working Papers WP2014-11-01, Indian Institute of Management Ahmedabad, Research and Publication Department.
- Jennifer Day & Robert Cervero, 2010. "Effects of Residential Relocation on Household and Commuting Expenditures in Shanghai, China," International Journal of Urban and Regional Research, Wiley Blackwell, vol. 34(4), pages 762-788, December.
- Takeuchi, Akie & Cropper, Maureen & Bento, Antonio, 2006. "The welfare effects of slum improvement programs : the case of Mumbai," Policy Research Working Paper Series 3852, The World Bank.
More about this item
KeywordsMunicipal Financial Management; Public Health Promotion; Decentralization; Housing&Human Habitats; Urban Services to the Poor; Municipal Financial Management; Housing&Human Habitats; VN-Acb Mis -- IFC-00535908; Urban Housing; City Development Strategies;
NEP fieldsThis paper has been announced in the following NEP Reports:
StatisticsAccess and download statistics
All material on this site has been provided by the respective publishers and authors. You can help correct errors and omissions. When requesting a correction, please mention this item's handle: RePEc:wbk:wbrwps:3318. See general information about how to correct material in RePEc.
For technical questions regarding this item, or to correct its authors, title, abstract, bibliographic or download information, contact: (Roula I. Yazigi). General contact details of provider: http://edirc.repec.org/data/dvewbus.html .