Impact of Local Public Services and Taxes on Dwelling Choice within a Single Taxing Jurisdiction: A Discrete Choice Model
Download full text from publisher
References listed on IDEAS
- King, A Thomas, 1977. "Estimating Property Tax Capitalization: A Critical Comment," Journal of Political Economy, University of Chicago Press, vol. 85(2), pages 425-431, April.
- Nechyba, Thomas J. & Strauss, Robert P., 1998.
"Community choice and local public services: A discrete choice approach,"
Regional Science and Urban Economics,
Elsevier, vol. 28(1), pages 51-73, January.
- Thomas J. Nechyba & Robert P. Strauss, 1997. "Community Choice and Local Public Services: A Discrete Choice Approach," NBER Working Papers 5966, National Bureau of Economic Research, Inc.
- Allen C. Goodman, 1983. "Capitalization of Property Tax Differentials within and among Municipalities," Land Economics, University of Wisconsin Press, vol. 59(2), pages 211-219.
- Diane P. Krantz & Robert D. Weaver & Theodore R. Alter, 1982. "Residential Property Tax Capitalization: Consistent Estimates Using Micro-Level Data," Land Economics, University of Wisconsin Press, vol. 58(4), pages 488-496.
- Shunfeng Song, 1996. "Some Tests of Alternative Accessibility Measures: A Population Density Approach," Land Economics, University of Wisconsin Press, vol. 72(4), pages 474-482.
- King, Mervyn A., 1980. "An econometric model of tenure choice and demand for housing as a joint decision," Journal of Public Economics, Elsevier, vol. 14(2), pages 137-159, October.
- Michael S. Johnson & Michael J. Lea, 1982. "Differential Capitalization of Local Public Service Characteristics," Land Economics, University of Wisconsin Press, vol. 58(2), pages 189-203.
- Patrick Bayer & Robert McMillan & Kim Rueben, 2004. "Residential Segregation in General Equilibrium," Working Papers 885, Economic Growth Center, Yale University.
- G. Donald Jud, 1985. "A Further Note on Schools and Housing Values," Real Estate Economics, American Real Estate and Urban Economics Association, vol. 13(4), pages 452-462.
- W. Cris Lewis & Paul J. McNutt, 1979. "The Incidence of Property Taxes on Single-Family Housing," Real Estate Economics, American Real Estate and Urban Economics Association, vol. 7(3), pages 344-361.
- Anas, Alex & Chu, Chaushie, 1984. "Discrete choice models and the housing price and travel to work elasticities of location demand," Journal of Urban Economics, Elsevier, vol. 15(1), pages 107-123, January.
- Oates, Wallace E, 1969. "The Effects of Property Taxes and Local Public Spending on Property Values: An Empirical Study of Tax Capitalization and the Tiebout Hypothesis," Journal of Political Economy, University of Chicago Press, vol. 77(6), pages 957-971, Nov./Dec..
- Lee, Lung-Fei & Trost, Robert P., 1978. "Estimation of some limited dependent variable models with application to housing demand," Journal of Econometrics, Elsevier, vol. 8(3), pages 357-382, December.
- Gabriel, Stuart A & Rosenthal, Stuart S, 1989. "Household Location and Race: Estimates of Multinomial Logit Model," The Review of Economics and Statistics, MIT Press, vol. 71(2), pages 240-249, May.
- Patrick Bajari & Matthew E. Kahn, "undated". "Why Do Blacks Live in The Cities and Whites Live in the Suburbs?," Working Papers 00007, Stanford University, Department of Economics.
- Daniel McFadden, 1977. "Modelling the Choice of Residential Location," Cowles Foundation Discussion Papers 477, Cowles Foundation for Research in Economics, Yale University.
- Ellickson, Bryan, 1981. "An alternative test of the hedonic theory of housing markets," Journal of Urban Economics, Elsevier, vol. 9(1), pages 56-79, January.
- Rosen, Harvey S & Fullerton, David J, 1977. "A Note on Local Tax Rates, Public Benefit Levels, and Property Values," Journal of Political Economy, University of Chicago Press, vol. 85(2), pages 433-440, April.
- Witte, Ann D & Sumka, Howard J & Erekson, Homer, 1979. "An Estimate of a Structural Hedonic Price Model of the Housing Market: An Application of Rosen's Theory of Implicit Markets," Econometrica, Econometric Society, vol. 47(5), pages 1151-1173, September.
- Melville McMillan & Richard Carlson, 1977. "The Effects of Property Taxes and Local Public Services upon Residential Property Values in Small Wisconsin Cities," American Journal of Agricultural Economics, Agricultural and Applied Economics Association, vol. 59(1), pages 81-87.
- Wales, T J & Wiens, E G, 1974. "Capitalization of Residential Property Taxes: An Empirical Study," The Review of Economics and Statistics, MIT Press, vol. 56(3), pages 329-333, August.
- Mervyn A. King, 1980. "An econometric model of tenure choice and demand for housing as a joint decision," NBER Chapters,in: Econometric Studies in Public Finance, pages 137-159 National Bureau of Economic Research, Inc.
CitationsCitations are extracted by the CitEc Project, subscribe to its RSS feed for this item.
- M. Du Preez & M.C. Sale, 2012. "Determining the impact of low-cost housing development on nearby property prices using discrete choice analysis," Working Papers 265, Economic Research Southern Africa.
- Sean P. Salter & Ernest W. King, 2009. "Price Adjustment and Liquidity in a Residential Real Estate Market with an Accelerated Information Cascade," Journal of Real Estate Research, American Real Estate Society, vol. 31(4), pages 421-454.
More about this item
- L85 - Industrial Organization - - Industry Studies: Services - - - Real Estate Services
StatisticsAccess and download statistics
All material on this site has been provided by the respective publishers and authors. You can help correct errors and omissions. When requesting a correction, please mention this item's handle: RePEc:jre:issued:v:27:n:3:2005:p:427-444. See general information about how to correct material in RePEc.
For technical questions regarding this item, or to correct its authors, title, abstract, bibliographic or download information, contact: (JRER Graduate Assistant/Webmaster). General contact details of provider: http://www.aresnet.org/ .
If you have authored this item and are not yet registered with RePEc, we encourage you to do it here. This allows to link your profile to this item. It also allows you to accept potential citations to this item that we are uncertain about.
If you know of missing items citing this one, you can help us creating those links by adding the relevant references in the same way as above, for each refering item. If you are a registered author of this item, you may also want to check the "citations" tab in your RePEc Author Service profile, as there may be some citations waiting for confirmation.
Please note that corrections may take a couple of weeks to filter through the various RePEc services.