Direct support to private firms - evidence on effectiveness
Download full text from publisher
References listed on IDEAS
- Demirguc-Kunt, Asli & Maksimovic, Vojislav, 1996. "Financial constraints, uses of funds, and firm growth : an international comparison," Policy Research Working Paper Series 1671, The World Bank.
- Anderson, Jock R. & Feder, Gershon, 2007. "Agricultural Extension," Handbook of Agricultural Economics, Elsevier.
- Jonathan Morduch, 1999. "The Microfinance Promise," Journal of Economic Literature, American Economic Association, vol. 37(4), pages 1569-1614, December.
- Dar, Amit & Tzannatos, Zafiris, 1999. "Active labor market programs: a review of the evidence from evaluations," Social Protection and Labor Policy and Technical Notes 20116, The World Bank.
- Bruce C. Greenwald & Joseph E. Stiglitz, 1986. "Externalities in Economies with Imperfect Information and Incomplete Markets," The Quarterly Journal of Economics, Oxford University Press, vol. 101(2), pages 229-264.
- Zaman, Hassan, 1999. "Assessing the impact of micro-credit on poverty and vulnerability in Bangladesh," Policy Research Working Paper Series 2145, The World Bank.
- Keesing, Donald B. & Singer, Andrew, 1990. "Development assistance gone wrong : why support services have failed to expand exports," Policy Research Working Paper Series 543, The World Bank.
CitationsCitations are extracted by the CitEc Project, subscribe to its RSS feed for this item.
- World Bank, 2004. "Zambia : An Assessment of the Investment Climate," World Bank Other Operational Studies 13882, The World Bank.
- Bernard Hoekman, 2004.
"Policies Facilitating Firm Adjustment to Globalization,"
Oxford Review of Economic Policy,
Oxford University Press, vol. 20(3), pages 457-473, Autumn.
- Hoekman, Bernard & Javorcik, Beata, 2004. "Policies Facilitating Firm Adjustment to Globalization," CEPR Discussion Papers 4692, C.E.P.R. Discussion Papers.
- Hoekman, Bernard & Smarzynska Javorcik, Beata, 2004. "Policies facilitating firm adjustment to globalization," Policy Research Working Paper Series 3441, The World Bank.
More about this item
KeywordsDecentralization; Payment Systems&Infrastructure; ICT Policy and Strategies; Banks&Banking Reform; Enterprise Development&Reform; Banks&Banking Reform; ICT Policy and Strategies; Health Economics&Finance; Municipal Financial Management; Environmental Economics&Policies;
NEP fieldsThis paper has been announced in the following NEP Reports:
- NEP-ENT-2004-09-12 (Entrepreneurship)
StatisticsAccess and download statistics
All material on this site has been provided by the respective publishers and authors. You can help correct errors and omissions. When requesting a correction, please mention this item's handle: RePEc:wbk:wbrwps:3170. See general information about how to correct material in RePEc.
For technical questions regarding this item, or to correct its authors, title, abstract, bibliographic or download information, contact: (Roula I. Yazigi). General contact details of provider: http://edirc.repec.org/data/dvewbus.html .