Why is unemployment so high in Bulgaria?
Download full text from publisher
References listed on IDEAS
- Abraham, Katharine G & Katz, Lawrence F, 1986.
"Cyclical Unemployment: Sectoral Shifts or Aggregate Disturbances?,"
Journal of Political Economy,
University of Chicago Press, vol. 94(3), pages 507-522, June.
- Katharine G. Abraham & Lawrence F. Katz, 1984. "Cyclical Unemployment: Sectoral Shifts or Aggregate Disturbances?," NBER Working Papers 1410, National Bureau of Economic Research, Inc.
- Abraham, Katharine G. & Katz, Lawrence F., 1986. "Cyclical Unemployment: Sectoral Shifts or Aggregate Disturbances?," Scholarly Articles 3442781, Harvard University Department of Economics.
- Bell, Una Louise, 2001. "Labour reallocation during transition: the case of Poland," ZEW Discussion Papers 01-38, ZEW - Zentrum für Europäische Wirtschaftsforschung / Center for European Economic Research.
- World Bank, 2002. "Bulgaria : Poverty Assessment," World Bank Other Operational Studies 13868, The World Bank.
- Nikolay Nenovsky & S. Statev, 2006. "Introduction," Post-Print halshs-00260898, HAL.
- World Bank, 2001. "Poland's Labor Market : The Challenge of Job Creation," World Bank Publications, The World Bank, number 13982, June.
- Beck, Thorsten & Demirguc-Kunt, Asli & Maksimovic, Vojislav, 2002. "Financial and legal constraints to firm growth - Does size matter?," Policy Research Working Paper Series 2784, The World Bank.
- Rutkowski, Jan J., 1999. "Labor markets and poverty in Bulgaria," Social Protection and Labor Policy and Technical Notes 20817, The World Bank.
- Faggio, Giulia & Konings, Jozef, 1999. "Gross Job Flows and Firm Growth in Transition Countries: Evidence Using Firm Level Data on Five Countries," CEPR Discussion Papers 2261, C.E.P.R. Discussion Papers.
- Lilien, David M, 1982. "Sectoral Shifts and Cyclical Unemployment," Journal of Political Economy, University of Chicago Press, vol. 90(4), pages 777-793, August.
CitationsCitations are extracted by the CitEc Project, subscribe to its RSS feed for this item.
- Michael Knogler & Volkhart Vincentz, 2004. "EU-Erweiterung : Die wirtschaftliche Beitrittsfähigkeit der Balkanländer," Working Papers 249, Leibniz Institut für Ost- und Südosteuropaforschung (Institute for East and Southeast European Studies).
- Ralitza Dimova, 2006. "Monopolistic wages or efficient contracts?," The Economics of Transition, The European Bank for Reconstruction and Development, vol. 14(2), pages 321-347, April.
- Ralitza Dimova, 2008.
"The impact of labour reallocation and competitive pressure on TFP growth: firm-level evidence from crisis and transition ridden Bulgaria,"
International Review of Applied Economics,
Taylor & Francis Journals, vol. 22(3), pages 321-338.
- Ralitza Dimova, 2006. "The Impact of Labor Reallocation and Competitive Pressure on TFP Growth: Firm-level Evidence from Crisis and Transition Ridden Bulgaria," CEDI Discussion Paper Series 06-04, Centre for Economic Development and Institutions(CEDI), Brunel University.
- Dimova, Ralitza & Gang, Ira N. & Landon-Lane, John, 2006.
"Where to Work? The Role of the Household in Explaining Gender Differences in Labour Market Outcomes,"
IZA Discussion Papers
2476, Institute for the Study of Labor (IZA).
- Ira N. Gang & John Landon-Lane & Ralitza Dimova, 2006. "Where to Work? The Role of the Household in explaining Gender Differences in Labour Market Outcomes," Departmental Working Papers 200623, Rutgers University, Department of Economics.
- Dimova, Ralitza & Gang, Ira N., 2007.
"Self-selection and wages during volatile transition,"
Journal of Comparative Economics,
Elsevier, vol. 35(3), pages 612-629, September.
- Ralitza Dimova & Ira N. Gang, 2006. "Self-Selection And Wages During Volatile Transition," CEDI Discussion Paper Series 06-03, Centre for Economic Development and Institutions(CEDI), Brunel University.
- Krstic, Gorana & Sanfey, Peter, 2007. "Mobility, poverty and well-being among the informally employed in Bosnia and Herzegovina," Economic Systems, Elsevier, vol. 31(3), pages 311-335, September.
- World Bank, 2009. "Bulgaria : Living Conditions Before and After EU Accession," World Bank Other Operational Studies 18898, The World Bank.
- Dimova, Ralitza & Wolff, François-Charles, 2008. "Are private transfers poverty and inequality reducing? Household level evidence from Bulgaria," Journal of Comparative Economics, Elsevier, vol. 36(4), pages 584-598, December.
- Rutkowski, Jan, 2006. "Labor market developments during economic transition," Policy Research Working Paper Series 3894, The World Bank.
- repec:eee:jcecon:v:46:y:2018:i:1:p:381-412 is not listed on IDEAS
- Rutkowski, Jan, 2004. "Firms, jobs, and employment in Moldova," Policy Research Working Paper Series 3253, The World Bank.
- Tyrowicz, Joanna & van der Velde, Lucas, 2018. "Labor reallocation and demographics," Journal of Comparative Economics, Elsevier, vol. 46(1), pages 381-412.
- Joanna Tyrowicz & Lucas van der Velde, 2014. "Can We Really Explain Worker Flows in Transition Economies?," Working Papers 2014-28, Faculty of Economic Sciences, University of Warsaw.
More about this item
KeywordsEnvironmental Economics&Policies; Labor Policies; Labor Markets; Public Health Promotion; Health Monitoring&Evaluation; Environmental Economics&Policies; Labor Markets; Health Monitoring&Evaluation; Labor Standards; Banks&Banking Reform;
NEP fieldsThis paper has been announced in the following NEP Reports:
- NEP-ALL-2004-08-16 (All new papers)
- NEP-CWA-2004-09-12 (Central & Western Asia)
- NEP-TRA-2003-06-04 (Transition Economics)
- NEP-TRA-2004-09-12 (Transition Economics)
StatisticsAccess and download statistics
All material on this site has been provided by the respective publishers and authors. You can help correct errors and omissions. When requesting a correction, please mention this item's handle: RePEc:wbk:wbrwps:3017. See general information about how to correct material in RePEc.
For technical questions regarding this item, or to correct its authors, title, abstract, bibliographic or download information, contact: (Roula I. Yazigi). General contact details of provider: http://edirc.repec.org/data/dvewbus.html .