Can Communist economies transform incrementally? China's experience
Download full text from publisher
References listed on IDEAS
- McMillan, John & Naughton, Barry, 1992. "How to Reform a Planned Economy: Lessons from China," Oxford Review of Economic Policy, Oxford University Press, vol. 8(1), pages 130-143, Spring.
- Harrold, P., 1992. "China's Reform Experience to Date," World Bank - Discussion Papers 180, World Bank.
- Fan, G. & Woo, W.T., 1992.
"Decentralized Socialism and Macroeconomic Stability : Lessons from China,"
411, California Davis - Institute of Governmental Affairs.
- Fan, G. & Woo, W.T., 1993. "Decentralized Socialism and Macroeconomic Stability: Lessons from China," Research Paper 112, World Institute for Development Economics Research.
- Gyorgy Szapary & Steven V Dunaway & David Burton & Mario I. Bléjer, 1991. "China; Economic Reform and Macroeconomic Management," IMF Occasional Papers 76, International Monetary Fund.
- Rajaram, A., 1992. "Reforming Prices The Experience of China, Hungary and Poland," World Bank - Discussion Papers 144, World Bank.
- McMillan, John & Whalley, John & Zhu, Lijing, 1989. "The Impact of China's Economic Reforms on Agricultural Productivity Growth," Journal of Political Economy, University of Chicago Press, vol. 97(4), pages 781-807, August.
- Chen, Kang & Jefferson, Gary H. & Singh, Inderjit, 1992. "Lessons from China's economic reform," Journal of Comparative Economics, Elsevier, vol. 16(2), pages 201-225, June.
- Jefferson, Gary H & Xu, Wenyi, 1994.
"Assessing Gains in Efficient Production among China's Industrial Enterprises,"
Economic Development and Cultural Change,
University of Chicago Press, vol. 42(3), pages 597-615, April.
- Jefferson, Gary H. & Wenyi Xu, 1992. "Assessing gains in efficient production among China's industrial enterprises," Policy Research Working Paper Series 877, The World Bank.
- Michael Bruno, 1992. "Stabilization and Reform in Eastern Europe: A Preliminary Evaluation," IMF Staff Papers, Palgrave Macmillan, vol. 39(4), pages 741-777, December.
- Jefferson, Gary H & Rawski, Thomas G & Yuxin, Zheng, 1992. "Growth, Efficiency, and Convergence in China's State and Collective Industry," Economic Development and Cultural Change, University of Chicago Press, vol. 40(2), pages 239-266, January.
- Groves, Theodore & Yongmiao Hong & John McMillan & Barry Naughton, 1995. "China's Evolving Managerial Labor Market," Journal of Political Economy, University of Chicago Press, vol. 103(4), pages 873-892, August.
- Stanley Fischer & Alan Gelb, 1991. "The Process of Socialist Economic Transformation," Journal of Economic Perspectives, American Economic Association, vol. 5(4), pages 91-105, Fall.
CitationsCitations are extracted by the CitEc Project, subscribe to its RSS feed for this item.
- Shu-Yun Ma, 2010. "Shareholding System Reform in China," Books, Edward Elgar Publishing, number 13243.
- Aizenman, Joshua & Yi, Sang-Seung, 1998. "Controlled Openness and Foreign Direct Investment," Review of Development Economics, Wiley Blackwell, vol. 2(1), pages 1-10, February.
- Wang, Yijiang & Chang, Chun, 1998. "Economic transition under a semifederalist government: The experience of China," China Economic Review, Elsevier, vol. 9(1), pages 1-23.
- Gordon de Brouwer, 1999. "Deregulation and Open Capital Markets: The Australian Experience Before Wallis," Agenda - A Journal of Policy Analysis and Reform, Australian National University, College of Business and Economics, School of Economics, vol. 6(1), pages 51-68.
- Lin He & Calum Turvey, 2009. "Financial repression in China's agricultural economy," China Agricultural Economic Review, Emerald Group Publishing, vol. 1(3), pages 260-274, May.
- Pham van Thuyet, 1995. "The emerging legal framework for private sector development in Viet Nam's transitional economy," Policy Research Working Paper Series 1486, The World Bank.
- Camilla Jensen, 2003. "Socialism, Spillovers and Markets in Cuba," Post-Communist Economies, Taylor & Francis Journals, vol. 15(3), pages 435-459.
- Ajit Singh, 1994. "Du plan au marché : la réforme maîtrisée en Chine," Revue Tiers Monde, Programme National Persée, vol. 35(139), pages 659-684.
- Amsden, Alice H. & Dongyi Liu & Xiaoming Zhang, 1996. "China's macroeconomy, environment, and alternative transition model," World Development, Elsevier, vol. 24(2), pages 273-286, February.
- Yui Leung, Charles Ka, 2001. "Productivity growth, increasing income inequality and social insurance: the case of China?," Journal of Economic Behavior & Organization, Elsevier, vol. 46(4), pages 395-408, December.
- Bildirici, Melike Elif & Kayıkçı, Fazıl, 2013. "Effects of oil production on economic growth in Eurasian countries: Panel ARDL approach," Energy, Elsevier, vol. 49(C), pages 156-161.
- AfDB AfDB, 1997. "Working Paper 35 - Privatization of Public Enterprises in Zambia: An Evaluation of the Policies, Procedures and Experiences," Working Paper Series 2253, African Development Bank.
More about this item
KeywordsEnvironmental Economics&Policies; Economic Theory&Research; Banks&Banking Reform; Health Monitoring&Evaluation; Municipal Financial Management;
StatisticsAccess and download statistics
All material on this site has been provided by the respective publishers and authors. You can help correct errors and omissions. When requesting a correction, please mention this item's handle: RePEc:wbk:wbrwps:1189. See general information about how to correct material in RePEc.
For technical questions regarding this item, or to correct its authors, title, abstract, bibliographic or download information, contact: (Roula I. Yazigi). General contact details of provider: http://edirc.repec.org/data/dvewbus.html .