The role of local and newcomer entrepreneurs in rural development: A comparative meta-analytic study
Download full text from publisher
References listed on IDEAS
- Acs,Zoltan J. & Carlsson,Bo & Karlsson,Charlie (ed.), 1999. "Entrepreneurship, Small and Medium-Sized Enterprises and the Macroeconomy," Cambridge Books, Cambridge University Press, number 9780521621052, May.
- Baaijens, Sef & Nijkamp, Peter, 2000. "Meta-Analytic Methods for Comparative and Exploratory Policy Research: An Application to the Assessment of Regional Tourist Multipliers," Journal of Policy Modeling, Elsevier, vol. 22(7), pages 821-858, December.
- Don Webber & Nigel Curry & Anthony Plumridge, 2009. "Business Productivity and Area Productivity in Rural England," Regional Studies, Taylor & Francis Journals, vol. 43(5), pages 661-675.
- Harris, John R & Todaro, Michael P, 1970. "Migration, Unemployment & Development: A Two-Sector Analysis," American Economic Review, American Economic Association, vol. 60(1), pages 126-142, March.
- Christos Kalantaridis & Zografia Bika, 2006. "In-migrant entrepreneurship in rural England: beyond local embeddedness," Entrepreneurship & Regional Development, Taylor & Francis Journals, vol. 18(2), pages 109-131, March.
- Dominique Vollet & Jean-Paul Bousset, 2002. "Use of Meta-analysis for the Comparison and Transfer of Economic Base Multipliers," Regional Studies, Taylor & Francis Journals, vol. 36(5), pages 481-494.
- Nicola Meccheri & Gianluigi Pelloni, 2006. "Rural entrepreneurs and institutional assistance: an empirical study from mountainous Italy," Entrepreneurship & Regional Development, Taylor & Francis Journals, vol. 18(5), pages 371-392, September.
- W. W. Rostow, 1959. "The Stages Of Economic Growth," Economic History Review, Economic History Society, vol. 12(1), pages 1-16, August.
- Mitch Renkow, 2003. "Employment Growth, Worker Mobility, and Rural Economic Development," American Journal of Agricultural Economics, Agricultural and Applied Economics Association, vol. 85(2), pages 503-513.
- Ian Stone & Cherrie Stubbs, 2007. "Enterprising expatriates: lifestyle migration and entrepreneurship in rural southern Europe," Entrepreneurship & Regional Development, Taylor & Francis Journals, vol. 19(5), pages 433-450, September.
- Sandra Weber, 2007. "Saving St. James: A case study of farmwomen entrepreneurs," Agriculture and Human Values, Springer;The Agriculture, Food, & Human Values Society (AFHVS), vol. 24(4), pages 425-434, December.
- Alistair R. Anderson, 2000. "Paradox in the periphery: an entrepreneurial reconstruction?," Entrepreneurship & Regional Development, Taylor & Francis Journals, vol. 12(2), pages 91-109, April.
- Jian Zhang & Linxiu Zhang & Scott Rozelle & Steve Boucher, 2006. "Self-Employment With Chinese Characteristics: The Forgotten Engine Of Rural China'S Growth," Contemporary Economic Policy, Western Economic Association International, vol. 24(3), pages 446-458, July.
- Kate Mailfert, 2007. "New Farmers And Networks: How Beginning Farmers Build Social Connections In France," Tijdschrift voor Economische en Sociale Geografie, Royal Dutch Geographical Society KNAG, vol. 98(1), pages 21-31, February.
- Robert E.B. Lucas, 2007.
"Migration and rural development,"
The Electronic Journal of Agricultural and Development Economics,
Food and Agriculture Organization of the United Nations, vol. 4(1), pages 99-122.
- Lucas, Robert E.B., 2007. "Migration and Rural Development," eJADE: electronic Journal of Agricultural and Development Economics, Food and Agriculture Organization, Agricultural and Development Economics Division, vol. 4(1).
- Keith Halfacree, 2007. "Back-To-The-Land In The Twenty-First Century - Making Connections With Rurality," Tijdschrift voor Economische en Sociale Geografie, Royal Dutch Geographical Society KNAG, vol. 98(1), pages 3-8, February.
- David Keeble & Peter Tyler, 1995. "Enterprising Behaviour and the Urban-Rural Shift," Urban Studies, Urban Studies Journal Limited, vol. 32(6), pages 975-997, June.
- Emery N. Castle, 1998. "A Conceptual Framework for the Study of Rural Places," American Journal of Agricultural Economics, Agricultural and Applied Economics Association, vol. 80(3), pages 621-631.
- Jack, Sarah L. & Anderson, Alistair R., 2002. "The effects of embeddedness on the entrepreneurial process," Journal of Business Venturing, Elsevier, vol. 17(5), pages 467-487, September.
More about this item
StatisticsAccess and download statistics
All material on this site has been provided by the respective publishers and authors. You can help correct errors and omissions. When requesting a correction, please mention this item's handle: RePEc:vua:wpaper:2012-1. See general information about how to correct material in RePEc.
For technical questions regarding this item, or to correct its authors, title, abstract, bibliographic or download information, contact: (R. Dam). General contact details of provider: http://edirc.repec.org/data/fewvunl.html .