Self-Employment With Chinese Characteristics: The Forgotten Engine Of Rural China'S Growth
Download full text from publisher
As the access to this document is restricted, you may want to search for a different version of it.
CitationsCitations are extracted by the CitEc Project, subscribe to its RSS feed for this item.
- Démurger, Sylvie & Xu, Hui, 2011.
"Return Migrants: The Rise of New Entrepreneurs in Rural China,"
Elsevier, vol. 39(10), pages 1847-1861.
- Sylvie Démurger & Hui Xu, 2010. "Return migrants : The rise of new entrepreneurs in rural China," Post-Print halshs-00477241, HAL.
- Sylvie Démurger & Hui Xu, 2010. "Return migrants: The rise of new entrepreneurs in rural China," Post-Print halshs-00588032, HAL.
- Sylvie Démurger & Hui Xu, 2010. "Return migrants: The rise of new entrepreneurs in rural China," Post-Print halshs-00588045, HAL.
- Sylvie Démurger & Hui Xu, 2010. "Return migrants: The rise of new entrepreneurs in rural China," Working Papers 1008, Groupe d'Analyse et de Théorie Economique Lyon St-Étienne (GATE Lyon St-Étienne), Université de Lyon.
- Sylvie Démurger & Hui Xu, 2010. "Return migrants: The rise of new entrepreneurs in rural China," Post-Print halshs-00588046, HAL.
- Sylvie Démurger & Hui Xu, 2010. "Return migrants: The rise of new entrepreneurs in rural China," Post-Print halshs-00588040, HAL.
- Sylvie Démurger & Hui Xu, 2011. "Return migrants : The rise of new entrepreneurs in rural China," Post-Print halshs-00627732, HAL.
- Sylvie Démurger & Hui Xu, 2010. "Return migrants: The rise of new entrepreneurs in rural China," Post-Print halshs-00588039, HAL.
- Jin Yang & Hui Wang & Songqing Jin & Kevin Chen & Jeffrey Riedinger & Chao Peng, 2016.
"Migration, local off-farm employment, and agricultural production efficiency: evidence from China,"
Journal of Productivity Analysis,
Springer, vol. 45(3), pages 247-259, June.
- Yang, Jin & Wang, Hui & Jin, Songqing & Chen, Kevin Z. & Riedinger, Jeffrey & Chao, Peng, 2014. "Migration, local off-farm employment, and agricultural production efficiency: Evidence from China:," IFPRI discussion papers 1338, International Food Policy Research Institute (IFPRI).
- Yang, Jin & Wang, Hui & Jin, Songqing & Chen, Kevin & Riedinger, Jeffrey & Peng, Chao, 2014. "Migration, Local Off-farm Employment and Agricultural Production Efficiency: Evidence from China," 2014 Annual Meeting, July 27-29, 2014, Minneapolis, Minnesota 177591, Agricultural and Applied Economics Association.
- Chi, Wei & Li, Bo, 2014.
"Trends in China’s gender employment and pay gap: Estimating gender pay gaps with employment selection,"
Journal of Comparative Economics,
Elsevier, vol. 42(3), pages 708-725.
- Chi, Wei & Li, Bo, 2012. "Trends in China’s gender employment and pay gap: estimating gender pay gaps with employment selection," MPRA Paper 42132, University Library of Munich, Germany.
- Aliye Ahu Akgün & Peter Nijkamp & Tüzin Baycan & Martijn Brons, 2010.
"Embeddedness Of Entrepreneurs In Rural Areas: A Comparative Rough Set Data Analysis,"
Tijdschrift voor Economische en Sociale Geografie,
Royal Dutch Geographical Society KNAG, vol. 101(5), pages 538-553, December.
- Aliye Ahu Gulumser & Peter Nijkamp & Tuzin Baycan-Levent & Martijn Brons, 2009. "Embeddedness of Entrepreneurs in Rural Areas: A Comparative Rough Set Data Analysis," Tinbergen Institute Discussion Papers 09-058/3, Tinbergen Institute.
- Xiaobing Wang & Linghui Han & Jikun Huang & Linxiu Zhang & Scott Rozelle, 2016. "Gender and Off-farm Employment: Evidence from Rural China," China & World Economy, Institute of World Economics and Politics, Chinese Academy of Social Sciences, vol. 24(3), pages 18-36, May.
- YUEH, Linda, 2009. "Self-employment in urban China: Networking in a transition economy," China Economic Review, Elsevier, vol. 20(3), pages 471-484, September.
- Gulumser, A.A. & Baycan Levent, T. & Nijkamp, P. & Poot, H.J., 2012. "The role of local and newcomer entrepreneurs in rural development: A comparative meta-analytic study," Serie Research Memoranda 0001, VU University Amsterdam, Faculty of Economics, Business Administration and Econometrics.
- Frijters, Paul & Kong, Tao Sherry & Meng, Xin, 2011. "Migrant Entrepreneurs and Credit Constraints under Labour Market Discrimination," IZA Discussion Papers 5967, Institute for the Study of Labor (IZA).
- Wang, Xiaobing & Huang, Jikun & Zhang, Linxiu & Rozelle, Scott, 2011. "The rise of migration and the fall of self employment in rural China's labor market," China Economic Review, Elsevier, vol. 22(4), pages 573-584.
- Zuwarimwe, J. & Kirsten, Johann F., 2010. "The role of social networks in development of small-scale enterprises in the Chimanimani district of Zimbabwe," Agrekon, Agricultural Economics Association of South Africa (AEASA), vol. 49(1), March.
- Alexander Chepurenko, 2015. "Entrepreneurship Theory: New Challenges and Future Prospects," Foresight and STI Governance (Foresight-Russia till No. 3/2015), National Research University Higher School of Economics, vol. 9(2), pages 44-57.
- Yueh, Linda, 2009.
Elsevier, vol. 37(4), pages 778-786, April.
- Linda Yueh, 2007. "China`s Entrepreneurs," Economics Series Working Papers 324, University of Oxford, Department of Economics.
- Linda Yueh, 2008. "China's Entrepreneurs," CentrePiece - The Magazine for Economic Performance 253, Centre for Economic Performance, LSE.
- Jikun Huang & Yunhua Wu & Scott Rozelle, 2009. "Moving off the farm and intensifying agricultural production in Shandong: a case study of rural labor market linkages in China," Agricultural Economics, International Association of Agricultural Economists, vol. 40(2), pages 203-218, March.
- Hu, Feng, 2015. "Return to Education for China’s Return Migrant Entrepreneurs," World Development, Elsevier, vol. 72(C), pages 296-307.
- repec:eme:rleczz:s0147-9121(2013)0000037007 is not listed on IDEAS
- Corrado Giulietti & Jackline Wahba & Klaus F. Zimmermann, 2013. "Entrepreneurship of the Left-Behind," Research in Labor Economics,in: Labor Market Issues in China, volume 37, pages 65-92 Emerald Publishing Ltd.
- Alan de Brauw & Scott Rozelle, 2008.
"Reconciling the Returns to Education in Off-Farm Wage Employment in Rural China,"
Review of Development Economics,
Wiley Blackwell, vol. 12(1), pages 57-71, February.
- Alan de Brauw & Scott Rozelle, 2006. "Reconciling the Returns to Education in Off-FarmWage Employment in Rural China," Department of Economics Working Papers 2006-03, Department of Economics, Williams College.
- Han, Linghui & Hare, Denise, 2013. "The link between credit markets and self-employment choice among households in rural China," Journal of Asian Economics, Elsevier, vol. 26(C), pages 52-64.
- Feinian Chen & Kim Korinek, 2010. "Family life course transitions and rural Household economy during China’s market reform," Demography, Springer;Population Association of America (PAA), vol. 47(4), pages 963-987, November.
- repec:eee:tefoso:v:127:y:2018:i:c:p:271-280 is not listed on IDEAS
- Jia, Xiangping & Xiang, Cheng & Huang, Jikun, 2013. "Microfinance, self-employment, and entrepreneurs in less developed areas of rural China," China Economic Review, Elsevier, vol. 27(C), pages 94-103.
- Linda Yueh, 2010. "The Economy of China," Books, Edward Elgar Publishing, number 3705, April.
- Su, Weiliang & Eriksson, Tor & Zhang, Linxiu & Bai, Yunli, 2016. "Off-farm employment and time allocation in on-farm work in rural China from gender perspective," China Economic Review, Elsevier, vol. 41(C), pages 34-45.
More about this item
- J23 - Labor and Demographic Economics - - Demand and Supply of Labor - - - Labor Demand
- D21 - Microeconomics - - Production and Organizations - - - Firm Behavior: Theory
- O12 - Economic Development, Innovation, Technological Change, and Growth - - Economic Development - - - Microeconomic Analyses of Economic Development
StatisticsAccess and download statistics
All material on this site has been provided by the respective publishers and authors. You can help correct errors and omissions. When requesting a correction, please mention this item's handle: RePEc:bla:coecpo:v:24:y:2006:i:3:p:446-458. See general information about how to correct material in RePEc.
For technical questions regarding this item, or to correct its authors, title, abstract, bibliographic or download information, contact: (Wiley-Blackwell Digital Licensing) or (Christopher F. Baum). General contact details of provider: http://edirc.repec.org/data/weaaaea.html .
If you have authored this item and are not yet registered with RePEc, we encourage you to do it here. This allows to link your profile to this item. It also allows you to accept potential citations to this item that we are uncertain about.
We have no references for this item. You can help adding them by using this form .
If you know of missing items citing this one, you can help us creating those links by adding the relevant references in the same way as above, for each refering item. If you are a registered author of this item, you may also want to check the "citations" tab in your RePEc Author Service profile, as there may be some citations waiting for confirmation.
Please note that corrections may take a couple of weeks to filter through the various RePEc services.