The engine of sustainable rural development: Embeddedness of entrepreneurs in rural Turkey
Download full text from publisher
References listed on IDEAS
- Acs,Zoltan J. & Carlsson,Bo & Karlsson,Charlie (ed.), 1999. "Entrepreneurship, Small and Medium-Sized Enterprises and the Macroeconomy," Cambridge Books, Cambridge University Press, number 9780521621052, February.
- Baaijens, Sef & Nijkamp, Peter, 2000. "Meta-Analytic Methods for Comparative and Exploratory Policy Research: An Application to the Assessment of Regional Tourist Multipliers," Journal of Policy Modeling, Elsevier, vol. 22(7), pages 821-858, December.
- Dominique Vollet & Jean-Paul Bousset, 2002. "Use of Meta-analysis for the Comparison and Transfer of Economic Base Multipliers," Regional Studies, Taylor & Francis Journals, vol. 36(5), pages 481-494.
- Robert Kloosterman & Joanne Van Der Leun & Jan Rath, 1999. "Mixed Embeddedness: (In)formal Economic Activities and Immigrant Businesses in the Netherlands," International Journal of Urban and Regional Research, Wiley Blackwell, vol. 23(2), pages 252-266, June.
- W. W. Rostow, 1959. "The Stages Of Economic Growth," Economic History Review, Economic History Society, vol. 12(1), pages 1-16, August.
- Oltmer, Katrin, 2003. "Agricultural Policy, Land Use And Environmental Effects: Studies In Quantitative Research Synthesis," Report Series 29088, Wageningen University and Research Center, Agricultural Economics Research Institute.
- Sandra Weber, 2007. "Saving St. James: A case study of farmwomen entrepreneurs," Agriculture and Human Values, Springer;The Agriculture, Food, & Human Values Society (AFHVS), vol. 24(4), pages 425-434, December.
- Peter Nijkamp & Gerard Pepping, 1998. "A Meta-analytical Evaluation of Sustainable City Initiatives," Urban Studies, Urban Studies Journal Limited, vol. 35(9), pages 1481-1500, August.
- David Keeble & Peter Tyler, 1995. "Enterprising Behaviour and the Urban-Rural Shift," Urban Studies, Urban Studies Journal Limited, vol. 32(6), pages 975-997, June.
- Jack, Sarah L. & Anderson, Alistair R., 2002. "The effects of embeddedness on the entrepreneurial process," Journal of Business Venturing, Elsevier, vol. 17(5), pages 467-487, September.
Most related itemsThese are the items that most often cite the same works as this one and are cited by the same works as this one.
- Aliye Ahu Akgün & Peter Nijkamp & Tüzin Baycan & Martijn Brons, 2010.
"Embeddedness Of Entrepreneurs In Rural Areas: A Comparative Rough Set Data Analysis,"
Tijdschrift voor Economische en Sociale Geografie, Royal Dutch Geographical Society KNAG, vol. 101(5), pages 538-553, December.
- Aliye Ahu Gulumser & Peter Nijkamp & Tuzin Baycan-Levent & Martijn Brons, 2009. "Embeddedness of Entrepreneurs in Rural Areas: A Comparative Rough Set Data Analysis," Tinbergen Institute Discussion Papers 09-058/3, Tinbergen Institute.
- Ali˙ye A. Akgün & Tüzi˙n Baycan-Levent & Peter Nijkamp & Jacques Poot, 2011.
"Roles of Local and Newcomer Entrepreneurs in Rural Development: A Comparative Meta-analytic Study,"
Regional Studies, Taylor & Francis Journals, vol. 45(9), pages 1207-1223, February.
- Gulumser, A.A. & Baycan Levent, T. & Nijkamp, P. & Poot, H.J., 2012. "The role of local and newcomer entrepreneurs in rural development: A comparative meta-analytic study," Serie Research Memoranda 0001, VU University Amsterdam, Faculty of Economics, Business Administration and Econometrics.
- McKeever, Edward & Jack, Sarah & Anderson, Alistair, 2015. "Embedded entrepreneurship in the creative re-construction of place," Journal of Business Venturing, Elsevier, vol. 30(1), pages 50-65.
- Aki Harima & Fabrice Periac & Tony Murphy & Salomé Picard, 2021. "Entrepreneurial Opportunities of Refugees in Germany, France, and Ireland: Multiple Embeddedness Framework," International Entrepreneurship and Management Journal, Springer, vol. 17(2), pages 625-663, June.
- Huasheng Zhu & Yawei Chen & Kebi Chen, 2019. "Vitalizing Rural Communities: China’s Rural Entrepreneurial Activities from Perspective of Mixed Embeddedness," Sustainability, MDPI, Open Access Journal, vol. 11(6), pages 1-21, March.
- Leonardo Monasterio, 2011. "The Regional Inequality Frontier: Brazil (1872-2000)," ERSA conference papers ersa10p353, European Regional Science Association.
- Marco Percoco, 2010.
"Urban Transport Policies And The Environment: Evidence From Italy,"
Articles, International Journal of Transport Economics, vol. 37(2).
- Percoco, Marco, 2007. "Urban Transport Policies and the Environment: Evidence from Italy," Sustainability Indicators and Environmental Valuation Working Papers 9558, Fondazione Eni Enrico Mattei (FEEM).
- Marco Percoco, 2007. "Urban Transport Policies and the Environment: Evidence from Italy," Working Papers 2007.59, Fondazione Eni Enrico Mattei.
- Nan Langowitz & Maria Minniti, 2007. "The Entrepreneurial Propensity of Women," Entrepreneurship Theory and Practice, , vol. 31(3), pages 341-364, May.
- Ibrahim Alshomaly & Walid Shawaqfeh, 2020. "The Effect of Export Diversification on the Economic Growth of West-Asian Arab Countries," Journal of Social Sciences (COES&RJ-JSS), , vol. 9(2), pages 429-450, April.
- Vu, Trung V., 2020.
"Economic complexity and health outcomes: A global perspective,"
Social Science & Medicine, Elsevier, vol. 265(C).
- Vu, Trung V., 2020. "Economic complexity and health outcomes: A global perspective," MPRA Paper 101237, University Library of Munich, Germany.
- Lavlu Mozumdar & Geoffrey Hagelaar & Valentina C. Materia & S. W. F. Omta & Mohammad Amirul Islam & Gerben Velde, 2019. "Embeddedness or Over-Embeddedness? Women Entrepreneurs’ Networks and Their Influence on Business Performance," The European Journal of Development Research, Palgrave Macmillan;European Association of Development Research and Training Institutes (EADI), vol. 31(5), pages 1449-1469, December.
- Gary Bosworth & Hanne Bat Finke, 2020. "Commercial Counterurbanisation: A driving force in rural economic development," Environment and Planning A, , vol. 52(3), pages 654-674, May.
- Xaver Neumeyer & Susana C. Santos & Michael H. Morris, 2019. "Who is left out: exploring social boundaries in entrepreneurial ecosystems," The Journal of Technology Transfer, Springer, vol. 44(2), pages 462-484, April.
- repec:dau:papers:123456789/8470 is not listed on IDEAS
- Riviere, Monica & Romero-Martínez, Ana M., 2021. "Network embeddedness, headquarters entrepreneurial orientation, and MNE international performance," International Business Review, Elsevier, vol. 30(3).
- Andrew Copus & Dimitris Skuras & Kyriaki Tsegenidi, 2006. "Innovation and Peripherality: A Comparative Study in Six EU Member Countries," ERSA conference papers ersa06p295, European Regional Science Association.
- Bird, Miriam & Wennberg, Karl, 2014.
"Regional influences on the prevalence of family versus non-family start-ups,"
Journal of Business Venturing, Elsevier, vol. 29(3), pages 421-436.
- Bird, Miriam & Wennberg, Karl, 2013. "Regional Influences on the Prevalence of Family Versus Non-Family Start-Ups," Ratio Working Papers 212, The Ratio Institute.
- Hervas-Oliver, Jose-Luis & Lleo, María & Cervello, Roberto, 2017. "The dynamics of cluster entrepreneurship: Knowledge legacy from parents or agglomeration effects? The case of the Castellon ceramic tile district," Research Policy, Elsevier, vol. 46(1), pages 73-92.
- Sara Parry & Paul Westhead, 2016. "Mobilizing relationship marketing to ensure venture development in a rural resource-constrained bilingual context: The case of Draig Technology Limited," Working Papers 16002, Bangor Business School, Prifysgol Bangor University (Cymru / Wales).
- Claire Economidou, 2017. "Philanthropic Entrepreneurship: Private Donations and Knowledge Support in Greece," SPOUDAI Journal of Economics and Business, SPOUDAI Journal of Economics and Business, University of Piraeus, vol. 67(4), pages 100-122, October-D.
- Alessandra Colombelli & Elena Grinza & Valentina Meliciani & Mariacristina Rossi, 2021.
"Pulling Effects in Immigrant Entrepreneurship: Does Gender Matter?,"
Economic Geography, Taylor & Francis Journals, vol. 97(1), pages 1-33, January.
- Alessandra Colombelli & Elena Grinza & Valentina Meliciani & Mariacristina Rossi, 2019. "Pulling Effects in Migrant Entrepreneurship: Does Gender Matter?," Carlo Alberto Notebooks 591, Collegio Carlo Alberto.
- Alessandra Colombelli & Elena Grinza & Valentina Meliciani & Mariacristina Rossi, 2020. "Pulling Effects in Migrant Entrepreneurship: Does Gender Matter?," SPRU Working Paper Series 2020-05, SPRU - Science Policy Research Unit, University of Sussex Business School.
More about this item
NEP fieldsThis paper has been announced in the following NEP Reports:
StatisticsAccess and download statistics
All material on this site has been provided by the respective publishers and authors. You can help correct errors and omissions. When requesting a correction, please mention this item's handle: RePEc:vua:wpaper:2011-8. See general information about how to correct material in RePEc.
For technical questions regarding this item, or to correct its authors, title, abstract, bibliographic or download information, contact: . General contact details of provider: https://edirc.repec.org/data/fewvunl.html .
If you have authored this item and are not yet registered with RePEc, we encourage you to do it here. This allows to link your profile to this item. It also allows you to accept potential citations to this item that we are uncertain about.
If you know of missing items citing this one, you can help us creating those links by adding the relevant references in the same way as above, for each refering item. If you are a registered author of this item, you may also want to check the "citations" tab in your RePEc Author Service profile, as there may be some citations waiting for confirmation.
For technical questions regarding this item, or to correct its authors, title, abstract, bibliographic or download information, contact: R. Dam (email available below). General contact details of provider: https://edirc.repec.org/data/fewvunl.html .
Please note that corrections may take a couple of weeks to filter through the various RePEc services.