Embeddedness Of Entrepreneurs In Rural Areas: A Comparative Rough Set Data Analysis
Download full text from publisher
Other versions of this item:
- Aliye Ahu Gulumser & Peter Nijkamp & Tuzin Baycan-Levent & Martijn Brons, 2009. "Embeddedness of Entrepreneurs in Rural Areas: A Comparative Rough Set Data Analysis," Tinbergen Institute Discussion Papers 09-058/3, Tinbergen Institute.
References listed on IDEAS
- Dominique Vollet & Jean-Paul Bousset, 2002. "Use of Meta-analysis for the Comparison and Transfer of Economic Base Multipliers," Regional Studies, Taylor & Francis Journals, vol. 36(5), pages 481-494.
- Robert Kloosterman, 1999. "Mixed Embeddedness: (In)formal Economic Activities and Immigrant Businesses in the Netherlands," International Journal of Urban and Regional Research, Wiley Blackwell, vol. 23(2), pages 252-266, June.
- Baumol, William J., 1996.
"Entrepreneurship: Productive, unproductive, and destructive,"
Journal of Business Venturing,
Elsevier, vol. 11(1), pages 3-22, January.
- Baumol, William J, 1990. "Entrepreneurship: Productive, Unproductive, and Destructive," Journal of Political Economy, University of Chicago Press, vol. 98(5), pages 893-921, October.
- Alistair R. Anderson, 2000. "Paradox in the periphery: an entrepreneurial reconstruction?," Entrepreneurship & Regional Development, Taylor & Francis Journals, vol. 12(2), pages 91-109, April.
- Jian Zhang & Linxiu Zhang & Scott Rozelle & Steve Boucher, 2006. "Self-Employment With Chinese Characteristics: The Forgotten Engine Of Rural China'S Growth," Contemporary Economic Policy, Western Economic Association International, vol. 24(3), pages 446-458, July.
- Baaijens, Sef & Nijkamp, Peter, 2000. "Meta-Analytic Methods for Comparative and Exploratory Policy Research: An Application to the Assessment of Regional Tourist Multipliers," Journal of Policy Modeling, Elsevier, vol. 22(7), pages 821-858, December.
- Peter Nijkamp & Gerard Pepping, 1998. "A Meta-analytical Evaluation of Sustainable City Initiatives," Urban Studies, Urban Studies Journal Limited, vol. 35(9), pages 1481-1500, August.
- Max S. Wortman, 1990. "Rural entrepreneurship research: An integration into the entrepreneurship field," Agribusiness, John Wiley & Sons, Ltd., vol. 6(4), pages 329-344.
- Ian Stone & Cherrie Stubbs, 2007. "Enterprising expatriates: lifestyle migration and entrepreneurship in rural southern Europe," Entrepreneurship & Regional Development, Taylor & Francis Journals, vol. 19(5), pages 433-450, September.
- Christos Kalantaridis & Zografia Bika, 2006. "Local Embeddedness and Rural Entrepreneurship: Case-Study Evidence from Cumbria, England," Environment and Planning A, , vol. 38(8), pages 1561-1579, August.
- Séverine Saleilles & Marie Gomez-Velasco, 2007. "The local embeddedness of lifestyle entrepreneur: an exploratory study," Post-Print halshs-00519257, HAL.
- Christos Kalantaridis & Zografia Bika, 2006. "Local embeddedness and rural entrepreneurship: case-study evidence from Cumbria, England," Environment and Planning A, Pion Ltd, London, vol. 38(8), pages 1561-1579, August.
- David Keeble & Peter Tyler, 1995. "Enterprising Behaviour and the Urban-Rural Shift," Urban Studies, Urban Studies Journal Limited, vol. 32(6), pages 975-997, June.
- Jack, Sarah L. & Anderson, Alistair R., 2002. "The effects of embeddedness on the entrepreneurial process," Journal of Business Venturing, Elsevier, vol. 17(5), pages 467-487, September.
- Christos Kalantaridis & Zografia Bika, 2006. "In-migrant entrepreneurship in rural England: beyond local embeddedness," Entrepreneurship & Regional Development, Taylor & Francis Journals, vol. 18(2), pages 109-131, March.
- repec:wsi:jecxxx:v:08:y:2000:i:03:n:s0218495800000127 is not listed on IDEAS
- Sandra Weber, 2007. "Saving St. James: A case study of farmwomen entrepreneurs," Agriculture and Human Values, Springer;The Agriculture, Food, & Human Values Society (AFHVS), vol. 24(4), pages 425-434, December.
CitationsCitations are extracted by the CitEc Project, subscribe to its RSS feed for this item.
- LÃºcia Pato, 2015. "Rural entrepreneurship and Innovation: some successful women?s initiatives," ERSA conference papers ersa15p1367, European Regional Science Association.
- Goetz, Stephen & Partridge, Mark & Stephens, Heather, 2017. "The Economic Status of Rural America in the Trump Era," MPRA Paper 77830, University Library of Munich, Germany.
- Heike Mayer & Antoine Habersetzer & Rahel Meili, 2016. "Rural–Urban Linkages and Sustainable Regional Development: The Role of Entrepreneurs in Linking Peripheries and Centers," Sustainability, MDPI, Open Access Journal, vol. 8(8), pages 1-13, August.
- Maria Lúcia Pato & Aurora A.C. Teixeira, 2013. "Twenty years of rural entrepreneurship: a bibliometric survey," FEP Working Papers 516, Universidade do Porto, Faculdade de Economia do Porto.
More about this item
KeywordsRural development ; rural entrepreneurship ; embeddedness ; rough set data analysis ;
- Q19 - Agricultural and Natural Resource Economics; Environmental and Ecological Economics - - Agriculture - - - Other
- R23 - Urban, Rural, Regional, Real Estate, and Transportation Economics - - Household Analysis - - - Regional Migration; Regional Labor Markets; Population
StatisticsAccess and download statistics
All material on this site has been provided by the respective publishers and authors. You can help correct errors and omissions. When requesting a correction, please mention this item's handle: RePEc:bla:tvecsg:v:101:y:2010:i:5:p:538-553. See general information about how to correct material in RePEc.
For technical questions regarding this item, or to correct its authors, title, abstract, bibliographic or download information, contact: (Wiley-Blackwell Digital Licensing) or (Christopher F. Baum). General contact details of provider: http://www.blackwellpublishing.com/journal.asp?ref=0040-747X .
If you have authored this item and are not yet registered with RePEc, we encourage you to do it here. This allows to link your profile to this item. It also allows you to accept potential citations to this item that we are uncertain about.
If you know of missing items citing this one, you can help us creating those links by adding the relevant references in the same way as above, for each refering item. If you are a registered author of this item, you may also want to check the "citations" tab in your RePEc Author Service profile, as there may be some citations waiting for confirmation.
Please note that corrections may take a couple of weeks to filter through the various RePEc services.