Europe goes Chinese? The impact of Chinese globetrotters on European luxury shops
Download full text from publisher
References listed on IDEAS
- Zhan, Lingjing & He, Yanqun, 2012. "Understanding luxury consumption in China: Consumer perceptions of best-known brands," Journal of Business Research, Elsevier, vol. 65(10), pages 1452-1460.
- Francesca Checchinato & Marta Disegna & Tiziano Vescovi, 2013. "Does country of origin affect brand associations? The case of Italian brands in China," Journal of Global Scholars of Marketing Science, Taylor & Francis Journals, vol. 23(4), pages 409-421, September.
Most related itemsThese are the items that most often cite the same works as this one and are cited by the same works as this one.
- Park, Judy, 2014. "What women want: Creation of a luxury brand," Business Horizons, Elsevier, vol. 57(2), pages 247-257.
- Sindy Liu & Patsy Perry & Gregory Gadzinski, 2019. "The implications of digital marketing on WeChat for luxury fashion brands in China," Journal of Brand Management, Palgrave Macmillan, vol. 26(4), pages 395-409, July.
- Yoo, Jungmin & Park, Minjung, 2016. "The effects of e-mass customization on consumer perceived value, satisfaction, and loyalty toward luxury brands," Journal of Business Research, Elsevier, vol. 69(12), pages 5775-5784.
- Cristini, Hélène & Kauppinen-Räisänen, Hannele & Barthod-Prothade, Mireille & Woodside, Arch, 2017. "Toward a general theory of luxury: Advancing from workbench definitions and theoretical transformations," Journal of Business Research, Elsevier, vol. 70(C), pages 101-107.
- Jacob, Isaac & Khanna, Monica & Rai, Krupa A., 2020. "Attribution analysis of luxury brands: An investigation into consumer-brand congruence through conspicuous consumption," Journal of Business Research, Elsevier, vol. 116(C), pages 597-607.
- Tatjana Mihailovic & Tiziano Vescovi & Andrea Pontiggia, 2017. "The Beauty Ideal in Chinese Luxury Cosmetics: Adaptation Strategies of Western Companies," Working Papers 07, Department of Management, Università Ca' Foscari Venezia.
- Balmer, John M.T. & Lin, Zhibin & Chen, Weifeng & He, Xinming, 2020. "The role of corporate brand image for B2B relationships of logistics service providers in China," Journal of Business Research, Elsevier, vol. 117(C), pages 850-861.
- Liu, Sindy & Perry, Patsy & Moore, Christopher & Warnaby, Gary, 2016. "The standardization-localization dilemma of brand communications for luxury fashion retailers' internationalization into China," Journal of Business Research, Elsevier, vol. 69(1), pages 357-364.
- Bartikowski, Boris & Cleveland, Mark, 2017. "“Seeing is being”: Consumer culture and the positioning of premium cars in China," Journal of Business Research, Elsevier, vol. 77(C), pages 195-202.
- Kauppinen-Räisänen, Hannele & Björk, Peter & Lönnström, Alexandra & Jauffret, Marie-Nathalie, 2018. "How consumers' need for uniqueness, self-monitoring, and social identity affect their choices when luxury brands visually shout versus whisper," Journal of Business Research, Elsevier, vol. 84(C), pages 72-81.
- Raffaele Filieri & Zhibin Lin & Simona D’Antone & Elena Chatzopoulou, 2019. "A cultural approach to brand equity: the role of brand mianzi and brand popularity in China," Journal of Brand Management, Palgrave Macmillan, vol. 26(4), pages 376-394, July.
- Ko, Eunju & Megehee, Carol M., 2012. "Fashion marketing of luxury brands: Recent research issues and contributions," Journal of Business Research, Elsevier, vol. 65(10), pages 1395-1398.
- Francesca Checchinato & Giulia Zanichelli, 2016. "An analysis of factors influencing the online presence in distant countries: the case of italian fashion brands in china," MERCATI E COMPETITIVIT, FrancoAngeli Editore, vol. 2016(3), pages 45-67.
- Kapferer, Jean-Noël & Valette-Florence, Pierre, 2018. "The impact of brand penetration and awareness on luxury brand desirability:," Journal of Business Research, Elsevier, vol. 83(C), pages 38-50.
- Liu, Matthew Tingchi & Wong, IpKin Anthony & Tseng, Ting-Hsiang & Chang, Angela Wen-Yu & Phau, Ian, 2017. "Applying consumer-based brand equity in luxury hotel branding," Journal of Business Research, Elsevier, vol. 81(C), pages 192-202.
- Inwon Kang & Ilhwan Ma, 2020. "A Study on Bandwagon Consumption Behavior Based on Fear of Missing Out and Product Characteristics," Sustainability, MDPI, Open Access Journal, vol. 12(6), pages 1-16, March.
- Anja Marie Bundgaard & Rikke Dorothea Huulgaard, 2019. "Luxury products for the circular economy? A case study of Bang & Olufsen," Business Strategy and the Environment, Wiley Blackwell, vol. 28(5), pages 699-709, July.
- Davide Galli & Federica Bassanini, 2020. "Reporting Sustainability in China: Evidence from the Global Powers of Luxury Goods," Sustainability, MDPI, Open Access Journal, vol. 12(9), pages 1-18, May.
- Gentina, Elodie & Shrum, L.J. & Lowrey, Tina M., 2016. "Teen attitudes toward luxury fashion brands from a social identity perspective: A cross-cultural study of French and U.S. teenagers," Journal of Business Research, Elsevier, vol. 69(12), pages 5785-5792.
- Francesca Checchinato & Lala Hu & Tiziano Vescovi, 2013. "The communication of foreign products in China through the store: an empirical analysis," The International Journal of Economic Behavior - IJEB, Faculty of Business and Administration, University of Bucharest, vol. 3(1), pages 41-57, December.
More about this item
KeywordsRetailing; International marketing; Luxury marketing;
All these keywords.
- M31 - Business Administration and Business Economics; Marketing; Accounting; Personnel Economics - - Marketing and Advertising - - - Marketing
NEP fieldsThis paper has been announced in the following NEP Reports:
StatisticsAccess and download statistics
All material on this site has been provided by the respective publishers and authors. You can help correct errors and omissions. When requesting a correction, please mention this item's handle: RePEc:vnm:wpdman:139. See general information about how to correct material in RePEc.
For technical questions regarding this item, or to correct its authors, title, abstract, bibliographic or download information, contact: (Marco LiCalzi). General contact details of provider: http://edirc.repec.org/data/mdvenit.html .
If you have authored this item and are not yet registered with RePEc, we encourage you to do it here. This allows to link your profile to this item. It also allows you to accept potential citations to this item that we are uncertain about.
If you know of missing items citing this one, you can help us creating those links by adding the relevant references in the same way as above, for each refering item. If you are a registered author of this item, you may also want to check the "citations" tab in your RePEc Author Service profile, as there may be some citations waiting for confirmation.
Please note that corrections may take a couple of weeks to filter through the various RePEc services.