Understanding luxury consumption in China: Consumer perceptions of best-known brands
Download full text from publisher
As the access to this document is restricted, you may want to search for a different version of it.
References listed on IDEAS
- Tian, Kelly Tepper & Bearden, William O & Hunter, Gary L, 2001. " Consumer's Need for Uniqueness: Scale Development and Validation," Journal of Consumer Research, Oxford University Press, vol. 28(1), pages 50-66, June.
- Belk, Russell W, 1988. " Possessions and the Extended Self," Journal of Consumer Research, Oxford University Press, vol. 15(2), pages 139-168, September.
- Alba, Joseph W & Hutchinson, J Wesley, 2000. " Knowledge Calibration: What Consumers Know and What They Think They Know," Journal of Consumer Research, Oxford University Press, vol. 27(2), pages 123-156, September.
- Cheng Wang & Xiaohua Lin, 2009. "Migration of Chinese Consumption Values: Traditions, Modernization, and Cultural Renaissance," Journal of Business Ethics, Springer, vol. 88(3), pages 399-409, October.
- Bearden, William O & Netemeyer, Richard G & Teel, Jesse E, 1989. " Measurement of Consumer Susceptibility to Interpersonal Influence," Journal of Consumer Research, Oxford University Press, vol. 15(4), pages 473-481, March.
- Bearden, William O & Etzel, Michael J, 1982. " Reference Group Influence on Product and Brand Purchase Decisions," Journal of Consumer Research, Oxford University Press, vol. 9(2), pages 183-194, September.
- Sheth, Jagdish N. & Newman, Bruce I. & Gross, Barbara L., 1991. "Why we buy what we buy: A theory of consumption values," Journal of Business Research, Elsevier, vol. 22(2), pages 159-170, March.
- Ratner, Rebecca K & Kahn, Barbara E, 2002. " The Impact of Private versus Public Consumption on Variety-Seeking Behavior," Journal of Consumer Research, Oxford University Press, vol. 29(2), pages 246-257, September.
- Sheppard, Blair H & Hartwick, Jon & Warshaw, Paul R, 1988. " The Theory of Reasoned Action: A Meta-analysis of Past Research with Recommendations for Modifications and Future Research," Journal of Consumer Research, Oxford University Press, vol. 15(3), pages 325-343, December.
- Veblen, Thorstein, 1899. "The Theory of the Leisure Class," History of Economic Thought Books, McMaster University Archive for the History of Economic Thought, number veblen1899.
- Westbrook, Robert A & Oliver, Richard L, 1991. " The Dimensionality of Consumption Emotion Patterns and Consumer Satisfaction," Journal of Consumer Research, Oxford University Press, vol. 18(1), pages 84-91, June.
- Sandy D. Jap & Erin Anderson, 2003. "Safeguarding Interorganizational Performance and Continuity Under Ex Post Opportunism," Management Science, INFORMS, vol. 49(12), pages 1684-1701, December.
- Jan-Benedict E M Steenkamp & Rajeev Batra & Dana L Alden, 2003. "How perceived brand globalness creates brand value," Journal of International Business Studies, Palgrave Macmillan;Academy of International Business, vol. 34(1), pages 53-65, January.
- Buckley, Peter J. & Clegg, Jeremy & Tan, Hui, 2006. "Cultural awareness in knowledge transfer to China--The role of guanxi and mianzi," Journal of World Business, Elsevier, vol. 41(3), pages 275-288, September.
CitationsCitations are extracted by the CitEc Project, subscribe to its RSS feed for this item.
- repec:eee:jbrese:v:83:y:2018:i:c:p:38-50 is not listed on IDEAS
- Park, Judy, 2014. "What women want: Creation of a luxury brand," Business Horizons, Elsevier, vol. 57(2), pages 247-257.
- Tiziano Vescovi & Charlotte Pellizzari, 2017. "Europe goes Chinese? The impact of Chinese globetrotters on European luxury shops," Working Papers 06, Department of Management, Università Ca' Foscari Venezia.
- repec:eee:jbrese:v:84:y:2018:i:c:p:72-81 is not listed on IDEAS
- Cristini, Hélène & Kauppinen-Räisänen, Hannele & Barthod-Prothade, Mireille & Woodside, Arch, 2017. "Toward a general theory of luxury: Advancing from workbench definitions and theoretical transformations," Journal of Business Research, Elsevier, vol. 70(C), pages 101-107.
- Francesca Checchinato & Giulia Zanichelli, 2016. "An analysis of factors influencing the online presence in distant countries: the case of italian fashion brands in china," MERCATI E COMPETITIVITÀ, FrancoAngeli Editore, vol. 2016(3), pages 45-67.
- repec:spr:soinre:v:132:y:2017:i:1:d:10.1007_s11205-016-1273-x is not listed on IDEAS
- Gentina, Elodie & Shrum, L.J. & Lowrey, Tina M., 2016. "Teen attitudes toward luxury fashion brands from a social identity perspective: A cross-cultural study of French and U.S. teenagers," Journal of Business Research, Elsevier, vol. 69(12), pages 5785-5792.
- repec:eee:jbrese:v:81:y:2017:i:c:p:192-202 is not listed on IDEAS
- Tatjana Mihailovic & Tiziano Vescovi & Andrea Pontiggia, 2017. "The Beauty Ideal in Chinese Luxury Cosmetics: Adaptation Strategies of Western Companies," Working Papers 07, Department of Management, Università Ca' Foscari Venezia.
- Park, JungKun & Han, HyoJoo & Park, JooHyung, 2013. "Psychological antecedents and risk on attitudes toward e-customization," Journal of Business Research, Elsevier, vol. 66(12), pages 2552-2559.
- Liu, Sindy & Perry, Patsy & Moore, Christopher & Warnaby, Gary, 2016. "The standardization-localization dilemma of brand communications for luxury fashion retailers' internationalization into China," Journal of Business Research, Elsevier, vol. 69(1), pages 357-364.
- Ko, Eunju & Megehee, Carol M., 2012. "Fashion marketing of luxury brands: Recent research issues and contributions," Journal of Business Research, Elsevier, vol. 65(10), pages 1395-1398.
- repec:eee:jbrese:v:77:y:2017:i:c:p:195-202 is not listed on IDEAS
- Wu, Chih-Wen, 2015. "Foreign tourists' intentions in visiting leisure farms," Journal of Business Research, Elsevier, vol. 68(4), pages 757-762.
- Yoo, Jungmin & Park, Minjung, 2016. "The effects of e-mass customization on consumer perceived value, satisfaction, and loyalty toward luxury brands," Journal of Business Research, Elsevier, vol. 69(12), pages 5775-5784.
- repec:eee:jbrese:v:82:y:2018:i:c:p:281-289 is not listed on IDEAS
More about this item
KeywordsLuxury consumption; Value consciousness; Susceptibility to normative influence; Need for uniqueness; China;
StatisticsAccess and download statistics
All material on this site has been provided by the respective publishers and authors. You can help correct errors and omissions. When requesting a correction, please mention this item's handle: RePEc:eee:jbrese:v:65:y:2012:i:10:p:1452-1460. See general information about how to correct material in RePEc.
For technical questions regarding this item, or to correct its authors, title, abstract, bibliographic or download information, contact: (Dana Niculescu). General contact details of provider: http://www.elsevier.com/locate/jbusres .
If you have authored this item and are not yet registered with RePEc, we encourage you to do it here. This allows to link your profile to this item. It also allows you to accept potential citations to this item that we are uncertain about.
If you know of missing items citing this one, you can help us creating those links by adding the relevant references in the same way as above, for each refering item. If you are a registered author of this item, you may also want to check the "citations" tab in your RePEc Author Service profile, as there may be some citations waiting for confirmation.
Please note that corrections may take a couple of weeks to filter through the various RePEc services.