The Effect of Third-Party Funding of Plaintiffs on Settlement
Download full text from publisher
References listed on IDEAS
- Roland Kirstein & Neil Rickman, 2004.
""Third Party Contingency" Contracts in Settlement and Litigation,"
Journal of Institutional and Theoretical Economics (JITE),
Mohr Siebeck, Tübingen, vol. 160(4), pages 555-575, December.
- Roland Kirstein & Neil Rickman, "undated". "Third Party Contingency contracts in settlement and litigation," German Working Papers in Law and Economics 2002-1-1038, Berkeley Electronic Press.
- Kirstein, Roland & Rickman, Neil, 2003. ""Third Party Contingency" contracts in settlement and litigation," CSLE Discussion Paper Series 2003-09, Saarland University, CSLE - Center for the Study of Law and Economics.
- Kirstein, Roland & Rickman, Neil, 2002. ""Third Party Contingency" contracts in settlement and litigation," Berkeley Olin Program in Law & Economics, Working Paper Series qt6vn9877z, Berkeley Olin Program in Law & Economics.
- Kirstein, Roland & Rickman, Neil, 2002. ""Third Party Contingency" contracts in settlement and litigation," CSLE Discussion Paper Series 2002-11, Saarland University, CSLE - Center for the Study of Law and Economics.
- Philippe Aghion and Benjamin Hermalin., 1990.
"Why Legal Restrictions on Private Contracts Can Enhance Efficiency,"
Economics Working Papers
90-140, University of California at Berkeley.
- Aghion, Philippe & Hermalin, Benjamin, 1990. "Why Legal Restrictions on Private Contracts Can Enhance Efficiency," Department of Economics, Working Paper Series qt4j76f10g, Department of Economics, Institute for Business and Economic Research, UC Berkeley.
- Leshem Shmuel, 2009. "Contingent Fees, Signaling and Settlement Authority," Review of Law & Economics, De Gruyter, vol. 5(1), pages 435-460, June.
- Andrew F. Daughety & Jennifer F. Reinganum, 2013. "Search, bargaining, and signalling in the market for legal services," RAND Journal of Economics, RAND Corporation, vol. 44(1), pages 82-103, March.
- Aghion, Philippe & Hermalin, Benjamin, 1990.
"Legal Restrictions on Private Contracts Can Enhance Efficiency,"
Journal of Law, Economics, and Organization,
Oxford University Press, vol. 6(2), pages 381-409, Fall.
- Aghion, P. & Hermalin, B., 1990. "Legal Restrictions on Private Contracts Can Enhance Efficiency," DELTA Working Papers 90-14, DELTA (Ecole normale supérieure).
- Jennifer F. Reinganum & Louise L. Wilde, 1986. "Settlement, Litigation, and the Allocation of Litigation Costs," RAND Journal of Economics, The RAND Corporation, vol. 17(4), pages 557-566, Winter.
CitationsCitations are extracted by the CitEc Project, subscribe to its RSS feed for this item.
- Landeo, Claudia M. & Nikitin, Maxim, 2018.
"Financially-constrained lawyers: An economic theory of legal disputes,"
Games and Economic Behavior,
Elsevier, vol. 109(C), pages 625-647.
- Landeo, Claudia & Nikitin, Maxim, 2018. "Financially-Constrained Lawyers: An Economic Theory of Legal Disputes," Working Papers 2018-3, University of Alberta, Department of Economics.
- Philipp Denter & John Morgan & Dana (D.) Sisak, 2018. "Showing Off or Laying Low? The Economics of Psych-outs," Tinbergen Institute Discussion Papers 18-041/VII, Tinbergen Institute.
More about this item
KeywordsSettlement bargaining; litigation funding; non-recourse loan; signaling;
- K4 - Law and Economics - - Legal Procedure, the Legal System, and Illegal Behavior
- C7 - Mathematical and Quantitative Methods - - Game Theory and Bargaining Theory
NEP fieldsThis paper has been announced in the following NEP Reports:
- NEP-LAW-2015-04-25 (Law & Economics)
StatisticsAccess and download statistics
All material on this site has been provided by the respective publishers and authors. You can help correct errors and omissions. When requesting a correction, please mention this item's handle: RePEc:van:wpaper:vuecon-14-00002. See general information about how to correct material in RePEc.
For technical questions regarding this item, or to correct its authors, title, abstract, bibliographic or download information, contact: (John P. Conley). General contact details of provider: http://www.vanderbilt.edu/econ/wparchive/index.html .
If you have authored this item and are not yet registered with RePEc, we encourage you to do it here. This allows to link your profile to this item. It also allows you to accept potential citations to this item that we are uncertain about.
If you know of missing items citing this one, you can help us creating those links by adding the relevant references in the same way as above, for each refering item. If you are a registered author of this item, you may also want to check the "citations" tab in your RePEc Author Service profile, as there may be some citations waiting for confirmation.
Please note that corrections may take a couple of weeks to filter through the various RePEc services.