Stakeholder activism, managerial entrenchment and the congruence of interests between shareholders and stakeholders
Download full text from publisher
Other versions of this item:
- Giovanni Cespa & Giacinta Cestone, 2002. "Stakeholder Activism, Managerial Entrenchment, and the Congruence of Interests between Shareholders and Stakeholders," UFAE and IAE Working Papers 528.02, Unitat de Fonaments de l'Anàlisi Econòmica (UAB) and Institut d'Anàlisi Econòmica (CSIC).
References listed on IDEAS
- Shleifer, Andrei & Vishny, Robert W., 1989. "Management entrenchment : The case of manager-specific investments," Journal of Financial Economics, Elsevier, vol. 25(1), pages 123-139, November.
- DeAngelo, Harry & DeAngelo, Linda, 1998. "Ancient redwoods and the politics of finance: the hostile takeover of the Pacific Lumber Company," Journal of Financial Economics, Elsevier, vol. 47(1), pages 3-53, January.
- Aghion, Philippe & Tirole, Jean, 1997. "Formal and Real Authority in Organizations," Journal of Political Economy, University of Chicago Press, vol. 105(1), pages 1-29, February.
- Rosett, Joshua G., 1990. "Do union wealth concessions explain takeover premiums? : The evidence on contract wages," Journal of Financial Economics, Elsevier, vol. 27(1), pages 263-282, September.
- Marco Pagano & Paolo F. Volpin, 2005.
"The Political Economy of Corporate Governance,"
American Economic Review,
American Economic Association, vol. 95(4), pages 1005-1030, September.
- Marco Pagano & Paolo Volpin, 1999. "The Political Economy of Corporate Governance," CSEF Working Papers 29, Centre for Studies in Economics and Finance (CSEF), University of Naples, Italy, revised 01 Jul 2005.
- Pagano, Marco & Volpin, Paolo, 2001. "The Political Economy of Corporate Governance," CEPR Discussion Papers 2682, C.E.P.R. Discussion Papers.
- Marco Pagano & Paolo Volpin, 2001.
"The Political Economy of Finance,"
Oxford Review of Economic Policy,
Oxford University Press, vol. 17(4), pages 502-519.
- Marco Pagano & Paolo Volpin, 2001. "The Political Economy of Finance," CSEF Working Papers 76, Centre for Studies in Economics and Finance (CSEF), University of Naples, Italy.
- Pagano, Marco & Volpin, Paolo, 2002. "The Political Economy of Finance," CEPR Discussion Papers 3231, C.E.P.R. Discussion Papers.
- Shleifer, Andrei & Vishny, Robert W, 1988. "Value Maximization and the Acquisition Process," Journal of Economic Perspectives, American Economic Association, vol. 2(1), pages 7-20, Winter.
- Ambec, Stefan & Barla, Philippe, 2002. "A theoretical foundation of the Porter hypothesis," Economics Letters, Elsevier, vol. 75(3), pages 355-360, May.
- Baron, David P., 2001. "Private Politics," Research Papers 1689, Stanford University, Graduate School of Business.
CitationsCitations are extracted by the CitEc Project, subscribe to its RSS feed for this item.
- Jinji, Naoto, 2005. "Strategic Environmental and Trade Policies with Corporate Environmentalism," Discussion Papers 2004-10, Graduate School of Economics, Hitotsubashi University.
- repec:nup:jrmdke:v:5:y:2017:i:3:415-437 is not listed on IDEAS
- Aleix Calveras & Juan José Ganuza, 2004.
"Responsabilidad social corporativa. Una visión desde la teoría económica,"
Working Papers, Research Center on Health and Economics
797, Department of Economics and Business, Universitat Pompeu Fabra.
- Aleix Calveras & Juan José Ganuza, 2004. "Responsabilidad social corporativa. Una visión desde la teoría económica," Economics Working Papers 797, Department of Economics and Business, Universitat Pompeu Fabra.
- Callado-Muñoz, Francisco J & Utrero-González, Natalia, 2006. "Does it pay to be socially responsible? Evidence from Spanish retail banking sector," Working Papers of the Department of Economics, University of Girona 16, Department of Economics, University of Girona.
- Erik Berglöf & Mike Burkart, 2003. "European takeover regulation," Economic Policy, CEPR;CES;MSH, vol. 18(36), pages 171-213, April.
More about this item
KeywordsCorporate governance; managerial entrenchment; social activists; small shareholders; stakeholder society;
- G28 - Financial Economics - - Financial Institutions and Services - - - Government Policy and Regulation
- G34 - Financial Economics - - Corporate Finance and Governance - - - Mergers; Acquisitions; Restructuring; Corporate Governance
- G38 - Financial Economics - - Corporate Finance and Governance - - - Government Policy and Regulation
NEP fieldsThis paper has been announced in the following NEP Reports:
- NEP-ALL-2002-08-08 (All new papers)
StatisticsAccess and download statistics
All material on this site has been provided by the respective publishers and authors. You can help correct errors and omissions. When requesting a correction, please mention this item's handle: RePEc:upf:upfgen:634. See general information about how to correct material in RePEc.
For technical questions regarding this item, or to correct its authors, title, abstract, bibliographic or download information, contact: (). General contact details of provider: http://www.econ.upf.edu/ .
If you have authored this item and are not yet registered with RePEc, we encourage you to do it here. This allows to link your profile to this item. It also allows you to accept potential citations to this item that we are uncertain about.
If you know of missing items citing this one, you can help us creating those links by adding the relevant references in the same way as above, for each refering item. If you are a registered author of this item, you may also want to check the "citations" tab in your RePEc Author Service profile, as there may be some citations waiting for confirmation.
Please note that corrections may take a couple of weeks to filter through the various RePEc services.