Regional or National Poverty Lines? The Case of Uganda in the 1990s
Download full text from publisher
Other versions of this item:
- Simon Appleton, 2003. "Regional or National Poverty Lines? The Case of Uganda in the 1990s," Journal of African Economies, Centre for the Study of African Economies (CSAE), vol. 12(4), pages 598-624, December.
References listed on IDEAS
- Lanjouw, Peter & Ravallion, Martin, 1995. "Poverty and Household Size," Economic Journal, Royal Economic Society, vol. 105(433), pages 1415-1434, November.
- Foster, James & Greer, Joel & Thorbecke, Erik, 1984. "A Class of Decomposable Poverty Measures," Econometrica, Econometric Society, vol. 52(3), pages 761-766, May.
- John Mackinnon & Ritva Reinikka, 2002. "How Research Can Assist Policy: The Case of Economic Reforms in Uganda," World Bank Research Observer, World Bank Group, vol. 17(2), pages 267-292, September.
- Kakwani, Nanak, 1993. "Statistical Inference in the Measurement of Poverty," The Review of Economics and Statistics, MIT Press, vol. 75(4), pages 632-639, November.
CitationsCitations are extracted by the CitEc Project, subscribe to its RSS feed for this item.
- repec:dau:papers:123456789/5143 is not listed on IDEAS
- repec:zbw:ifwkie:3715 is not listed on IDEAS
- Kappel, Robert & Lay, Jann & Steiner, Susan, 2004. "The Missing Links - Uganda's Economic Reforms and Pro-Poor Growth," Open Access Publications from Kiel Institute for the World Economy 3840, Kiel Institute for the World Economy (IfW).
- Maurizio Bussolo & Olivier Godart & Jann Lay & Rainer Thiele, 2007.
"The impact of coffee price changes on rural households in Uganda,"
International Association of Agricultural Economists, vol. 37(2-3), pages 293-303, September.
- Bussolo, Maurizio & Godart, Olivier & Lay, Jann & Thiele, Rainer, 2006. "The Impact of Coffee Price Changes on Rural Households in Uganda," 2006 Annual Meeting, August 12-18, 2006, Queensland, Australia 25345, International Association of Agricultural Economists.
- Kappel, Robert & Lay, Jann & Steiner, Susan, 2005.
"Uganda: No more pro-poor growth?,"
Proceedings of the German Development Economics Conference, Kiel 2005
31, Verein für Socialpolitik, Research Committee Development Economics.
- Kappel, Robert & Lay, Jann & Steiner, Susan, 2005. "Uganda: No more pro-poor growth?," Open Access Publications from Kiel Institute for the World Economy 3504, Kiel Institute for the World Economy (IfW).
- Charlotte Guénard & Sandrine Mesplé-Somps, 2010. "Measuring Inequalities: Do Household Surveys Paint A Realistic Picture?," Review of Income and Wealth, International Association for Research in Income and Wealth, vol. 56(3), pages 519-538, September.
- Isard Walter & An Jiyoun, 2004. "A Hierarchical Decision-Making Model for Progress in Reducing Three Evils: Terrorism, Poverty and Environmental Degradation," Peace Economics, Peace Science, and Public Policy, De Gruyter, vol. 10(3), pages 1-22, December.
- Takahashi, Kazushi, 2016. "Mobile Phone Expansion, Informal Risk Sharing, and Consumption Smoothing: Evidence from Rural Uganda," MPRA Paper 75135, University Library of Munich, Germany.
- Sandrine Mesplé-Somps & Charlotte Guénard, 2006. "Measuring Inequalities: Do The Surveys Give The Real Picture? Study Of Two Surveys In Cote D’Ivoire And Madagascar," Working Papers 18, ECINEQ, Society for the Study of Economic Inequality.
- Bjorn Van Campenhout & Haruna Sekabira & Fiona Nattembo, 2015. "Uganda - A new set of utility consistent poverty line," WIDER Working Paper Series 129, World Institute for Development Economic Research (UNU-WIDER).
- Van Campenhout, Bjorn & Ssekabira, Haruna & Aduayom, Dede H., 2014. "Consumption bundle aggregation in poverty measurement: Implications for poverty and its dynamics in Uganda," WIDER Working Paper Series 150, World Institute for Development Economic Research (UNU-WIDER).
More about this item
KeywordsUganda; poverty; inequality;
StatisticsAccess and download statistics
All material on this site has been provided by the respective publishers and authors. You can help correct errors and omissions. When requesting a correction, please mention this item's handle: RePEc:unu:wpaper:dp2003-90. See general information about how to correct material in RePEc.
For technical questions regarding this item, or to correct its authors, title, abstract, bibliographic or download information, contact: (Mauricio Roa Grisales). General contact details of provider: http://edirc.repec.org/data/widerfi.html .