Consumption bundle aggregation in poverty measurement: Implications for poverty and its dynamics in Uganda
Download full text from publisher
References listed on IDEAS
- Quisumbing, Agnes R. & Pandolfelli, Lauren, 2010.
"Promising Approaches to Address the Needs of Poor Female Farmers: Resources, Constraints, and Interventions,"
Elsevier, vol. 38(4), pages 581-592, April.
- Quisumbing, Agnes R. & Pandolfelli, Lauren, 2009. "Promising approaches to address the needs of poor female farmers: Resources, constraints, and interventions," IFPRI discussion papers 882, International Food Policy Research Institute (IFPRI).
- Mukherjee, Sanjukta & Benson, Todd, 2003. "The Determinants of Poverty in Malawi, 1998," World Development, Elsevier, vol. 31(2), pages 339-358, February.
- Michael Carter & Christopher Barrett, 2006. "The economics of poverty traps and persistent poverty: An asset-based approach," Journal of Development Studies, Taylor & Francis Journals, vol. 42(2), pages 178-199.
- David Lawson & Andy Mckay & John Okidi, 2006.
"Poverty persistence and transitions in Uganda: A combined qualitative and quantitative analysis,"
Journal of Development Studies,
Taylor & Francis Journals, vol. 42(7), pages 1225-1251.
- Lawson, David & McKay, Andrew & Okidi, John A., 2004. "Poverty Persistence and Transitions in Uganda: A Combined Qualitative and Quantitative Analysis," Development Economics and Public Policy Working Papers 30555, University of Manchester, Institute for Development Policy and Management (IDPM).
- Simon Appleton, 2003.
"Regional or National Poverty Lines? The Case of Uganda in the 1990s,"
Journal of African Economies,
Centre for the Study of African Economies (CSAE), vol. 12(4), pages 598-624, December.
- Appleton, Simon, 2003. "Regional or National Poverty Lines? The Case of Uganda in the 1990s," WIDER Working Paper Series 090, World Institute for Development Economic Research (UNU-WIDER).
- Stefan Dercon & John Hoddinott & Tassew Woldehanna, 2012.
"Growth and Chronic Poverty: Evidence from Rural Communities in Ethiopia,"
Journal of Development Studies,
Taylor & Francis Journals, vol. 48(2), pages 238-253, February.
- Stefan Dercon & John Hoddinott & Tassew Woldehanna, 2011. "Growth and chronic poverty: Evidence from rural communities in Ethiopia," CSAE Working Paper Series 2011-18, Centre for the Study of African Economies, University of Oxford.
- Ravallion, Martin & Bidani, Benu, 1994. "How Robust Is a Poverty Profile?," World Bank Economic Review, World Bank Group, vol. 8(1), pages 75-102, January.
- Goodhand, Jonathan, 2003. "Enduring Disorder and Persistent Poverty: A Review of the Linkages Between War and Chronic Poverty," World Development, Elsevier, vol. 31(3), pages 629-646, March.
- Ssewanyana, Sarah N. & Kasirye, Ibrahim, 2010. "Food security in Uganda: a dilemma to achieving the millennium development goal," Research Series 113614, Economic Policy Research Centre (EPRC).
- Tarp, Finn, et al, 2002.
"The Robustness of Poverty Profiles Reconsidered,"
Economic Development and Cultural Change,
University of Chicago Press, vol. 51(1), pages 77-108, October.
- Tarp, Finn & Simler, Kenneth & Matusse, Cristina & Heltberg, Rasmus & Dava, Gabriel, 2002. "The robustness of poverty profiles reconsidered," FCND briefs 124, International Food Policy Research Institute (IFPRI).
- Tarp, Finn & Simler, Kenneth & Matusse, Cristina & Heltberg, Rasmus & Dava, Gabriel, 2002. "The robustness of poverty profiles reconsidered," FCND discussion papers 124, International Food Policy Research Institute (IFPRI).
- Christopher Barrett & Paswel Phiri Marenya & John Mcpeak & Bart Minten & Festus Murithi & Willis Oluoch-Kosura & Frank Place & Jean Claude Randrianarisoa & Jhon Rasambainarivo & Justine Wangila, 2006. "Welfare dynamics in rural Kenya and Madagascar," Journal of Development Studies, Taylor & Francis Journals, vol. 42(2), pages 248-277.
- Van Campenhout, Bjorn, 2016.
"Fertility, Agricultural Labor Supply, and Production: Instrumental Variable Evidence from Uganda,"
Agricultural and Resource Economics Review,
Cambridge University Press, vol. 45(03), pages 581-607, December.
- Van Campenhout, Bjorn, 2014. "Fertility, agricultural labor supply, and production: Instrumental variable evidence from Uganda:," IFPRI discussion papers 1406, International Food Policy Research Institute (IFPRI).
- Ndinwane Byekwaso, 2010. "Poverty in Uganda," Review of African Political Economy, Taylor & Francis Journals, vol. 37(126), pages 517-525, December.
- David Stifel & Bart Minten, 2008. "Isolation and agricultural productivity," Agricultural Economics, International Association of Agricultural Economists, vol. 39(1), pages 1-15, July.
- Gibson, John & Rozelle, Scott, 2003. "Poverty and Access to Roads in Papua New Guinea," Economic Development and Cultural Change, University of Chicago Press, vol. 52(1), pages 159-185, October.
- Udry, Christopher & Hoddinott, John & Alderman, Harold & Haddad, Lawrence, 1995. "Gender differentials in farm productivity: implications for household efficiency and agricultural policy," Food Policy, Elsevier, vol. 20(5), pages 407-423, October.
More about this item
Keywordspoverty; cost of basic needs; revealed preferences; Uganda;
NEP fieldsThis paper has been announced in the following NEP Reports:
- NEP-AGR-2015-02-22 (Agricultural Economics)
StatisticsAccess and download statistics
All material on this site has been provided by the respective publishers and authors. You can help correct errors and omissions. When requesting a correction, please mention this item's handle: RePEc:unu:wpaper:wp2014-150. See general information about how to correct material in RePEc.
For technical questions regarding this item, or to correct its authors, title, abstract, bibliographic or download information, contact: (Mauricio Roa Grisales). General contact details of provider: http://edirc.repec.org/data/widerfi.html .
If you have authored this item and are not yet registered with RePEc, we encourage you to do it here. This allows to link your profile to this item. It also allows you to accept potential citations to this item that we are uncertain about.
If you know of missing items citing this one, you can help us creating those links by adding the relevant references in the same way as above, for each refering item. If you are a registered author of this item, you may also want to check the "citations" tab in your RePEc Author Service profile, as there may be some citations waiting for confirmation.
Please note that corrections may take a couple of weeks to filter through the various RePEc services.