Determinants of sovereign debt yield spreads under EMU: Pairwise approach
Download full text from publisher
References listed on IDEAS
- Jan J.G. Lemmen & Charles A.E. Goodhart, 1999. "Credit Risks and European Government Bond Markets: A Panel Data Econometric Analysis," Eastern Economic Journal, Eastern Economic Association, vol. 25(1), pages 77-107, Winter.
- Ludger Linnemann & Andreas Schabert, 2010.
"Debt Nonneutrality, Policy Interactions, And Macroeconomic Stability,"
International Economic Review,
Department of Economics, University of Pennsylvania and Osaka University Institute of Social and Economic Research Association, vol. 51(2), pages 461-474, May.
- Ludger Linnemann & Andreas Schabert, 2004. "Debt Non-Neutrality, Policy Interactions, and Macroeconomic Stability," Working Paper Series in Economics 12, University of Cologne, Department of Economics.
- Ludger Linnemann & Andreas Schabert, 2005. "Debt Non-Neutrality, Policy Interactions, and Macroeconomic Stability," Tinbergen Institute Discussion Papers 05-077/2, Tinbergen Institute.
- Michel Beine & Bertrand Candelon, 2011.
"Liberalisation and stock market co-movement between emerging economies,"
Taylor & Francis Journals, vol. 11(2), pages 299-312.
- Michel Beine & Bertrand Candelon, 2007. "Liberalization and Stock Market Co-Movement between Emerging Economies," CESifo Working Paper Series 2131, CESifo Group Munich.
- Michel Beine & Bertrand Candelon, 2011. "Liberalisation and stock market co-movement between emerging economies," ULB Institutional Repository 2013/169589, ULB -- Universite Libre de Bruxelles.
- Arellano, Manuel & Bover, Olympia, 1995.
"Another look at the instrumental variable estimation of error-components models,"
Journal of Econometrics,
Elsevier, vol. 68(1), pages 29-51, July.
- M Arellano & O Bover, 1990. "Another Look at the Instrumental Variable Estimation of Error-Components Models," CEP Discussion Papers dp0007, Centre for Economic Performance, LSE.
- Arnold, Ivo & Lemmen, Jan, 2001.
"The Vulnerability of Banks to Government Default Risk in the EMU,"
Wiley Blackwell, vol. 4(1), pages 101-125, Spring.
- Ivo J. M. Arnold & Jan J.G. Lemmen, 1999. "The Vulnerability of Banks to Government default risk in the EMU," FMG Special Papers sp115, Financial Markets Group.
- Giovannini, Alberto & Piga, Gustavo, 1992. "Understanding the High Interest Rates on Italian Government Securities," CEPR Discussion Papers 720, C.E.P.R. Discussion Papers.
- von Hagen, Jürgen & Schuknecht, Ludger & Wolswijk, Guido, 2011.
"Government bond risk premiums in the EU revisited: The impact of the financial crisis,"
European Journal of Political Economy,
Elsevier, vol. 27(1), pages 36-43, March.
- Schuknecht, Ludger & von Hagen, Jürgen & Wolswijk, Guido, 2009. "Government Bond Risk Premiums in the EU revisited: The Impact of the Financial Crisis," CEPR Discussion Papers 7499, C.E.P.R. Discussion Papers.
- Schuknecht, Ludger & von Hagen, Jürgen & Wolswijk, Guido, 2010. "Government bond risk premiums in the EU revisited: the impact of the financial crisis," Working Paper Series 1152, European Central Bank.
- Schuknecht, Ludger & von Hagen, Jürgen & Wolswijk, Guido, 2009.
"Government risk premiums in the bond market: EMU and Canada,"
European Journal of Political Economy,
Elsevier, vol. 25(3), pages 371-384, September.
- Schuknecht, Ludger & von Hagen, Jürgen & Wolswijk, Guido, 2007. "Government Risk Premiums in the Bond Market: EMU and Canada," CEPR Discussion Papers 6579, C.E.P.R. Discussion Papers.
- Schuknecht, Ludger & von Hagen, Jürgen & Wolswijk, Guido, 2008. "Government risk premiums in the bond market: EMU and Canada," Working Paper Series 879, European Central Bank.
- Bernoth, Kerstin & von Hagen, Jürgen & Schuknecht, Ludger, 2012.
"Sovereign risk premiums in the European government bond market,"
Journal of International Money and Finance,
Elsevier, vol. 31(5), pages 975-995.
- Bernoth, Kerstin & Hagen, Jürgen von & Schuknecht, Ludger, 2006. "Sovereign Risk Premiums in the European Government Bond Market," Discussion Paper Series of SFB/TR 15 Governance and the Efficiency of Economic Systems 151, Free University of Berlin, Humboldt University of Berlin, University of Bonn, University of Mannheim, University of Munich.
- Simone Manganelli & Guido Wolswijk, 2009. "What drives spreads in the euro area government bond market?," Economic Policy, CEPR;CES;MSH, vol. 24, pages 191-240, April.
- Nickell, Stephen J, 1981. "Biases in Dynamic Models with Fixed Effects," Econometrica, Econometric Society, vol. 49(6), pages 1417-1426, November.
- Lloyd Thomas & Danhua Wu, 2009. "Long-term interest rates and expected future budget deficits: evidence from the term structure," Applied Economics Letters, Taylor & Francis Journals, vol. 16(4), pages 365-368.
- Matthew B. Canzoneri & Robert E. Cumby & Behzad T. Diba, 2002. "Should the European Central Bank and the Federal Reserve be concerned about fiscal policy?," Proceedings - Economic Policy Symposium - Jackson Hole, Federal Reserve Bank of Kansas City, pages 333-389.
- Thomas Laubach, 2009.
"New Evidence on the Interest Rate Effects of Budget Deficits and Debt,"
Journal of the European Economic Association,
MIT Press, vol. 7(4), pages 858-885, June.
- Thomas Laubach, 2003. "New evidence on the interest rate effects of budget deficits and debt," Finance and Economics Discussion Series 2003-12, Board of Governors of the Federal Reserve System (U.S.).
- James M. Poterba & Jürgen von Hagen, 1999. "Introduction to "Fiscal Institutions and Fiscal Performance"," NBER Chapters,in: Fiscal Institutions and Fiscal Performance, pages 1-12 National Bureau of Economic Research, Inc.
- Lorenzo Codogno & Carlo Favero & Alessandro Missale, 2003. "Yield spreads on EMU government bonds," Economic Policy, CEPR;CES;MSH, vol. 18(37), pages 503-532, October.
- Manuel Arellano & Stephen Bond, 1991.
"Some Tests of Specification for Panel Data: Monte Carlo Evidence and an Application to Employment Equations,"
Review of Economic Studies,
Oxford University Press, vol. 58(2), pages 277-297.
- Tom Doan, "undated". "RATS program to replicate Arellano-Bond 1991 dynamic panel," Statistical Software Components RTZ00169, Boston College Department of Economics.
- Laurence Booth & George Georgopoulos & Walid Hejazi, 2007. "What drives provincial-Canada yield spreads?," Canadian Journal of Economics, Canadian Economics Association, vol. 40(3), pages 1008-1032, August.
- James M. Poterba & Jürgen von Hagen, 1999. "Fiscal Institutions and Fiscal Performance," NBER Books, National Bureau of Economic Research, Inc, number pote99-1, January.
More about this item
KeywordsSingle Equation Models; Single Variables: Models with Panel Data; Longitudinal Data; Spatial Time Series; Interest Rates: Determination; Term Structure; and Effects; National Debt; Debt Management; Sovereign Debt;
- H63 - Public Economics - - National Budget, Deficit, and Debt - - - Debt; Debt Management; Sovereign Debt
- E43 - Macroeconomics and Monetary Economics - - Money and Interest Rates - - - Interest Rates: Determination, Term Structure, and Effects
- C23 - Mathematical and Quantitative Methods - - Single Equation Models; Single Variables - - - Models with Panel Data; Spatio-temporal Models
NEP fieldsThis paper has been announced in the following NEP Reports:
- NEP-ALL-2014-02-02 (All new papers)
- NEP-EEC-2014-02-02 (European Economics)
- NEP-MAC-2014-02-02 (Macroeconomics)
StatisticsAccess and download statistics
All material on this site has been provided by the respective publishers and authors. You can help correct errors and omissions. When requesting a correction, please mention this item's handle: RePEc:unm:umagsb:2013007. See general information about how to correct material in RePEc.
For technical questions regarding this item, or to correct its authors, title, abstract, bibliographic or download information, contact: (Leonne Portz). General contact details of provider: http://edirc.repec.org/data/meteonl.html .
If you have authored this item and are not yet registered with RePEc, we encourage you to do it here. This allows to link your profile to this item. It also allows you to accept potential citations to this item that we are uncertain about.
If you know of missing items citing this one, you can help us creating those links by adding the relevant references in the same way as above, for each refering item. If you are a registered author of this item, you may also want to check the "citations" tab in your RePEc Author Service profile, as there may be some citations waiting for confirmation.
Please note that corrections may take a couple of weeks to filter through the various RePEc services.