An index of political support for decentralization: the Spanish case
This paper presents a method to make measurable what was not: the discourses of politicians regarding decentralization. For this purpose, we develop a matrix of arguments and a set of indexes, and apply them to provide a snapshot of the politicians views on the General Law of Budgetary Stability, a landmark for the process of decentralization in Spain.
|Date of creation:||01 Oct 2008|
|Date of revision:|
|Contact details of provider:|| Web page: http://www.unav.edu/web/facultad-de-ciencias-economicas-y-empresariales|
Please report citation or reference errors to , or , if you are the registered author of the cited work, log in to your RePEc Author Service profile, click on "citations" and make appropriate adjustments.:
- Charles M. Tiebout, 1956. "A Pure Theory of Local Expenditures," Journal of Political Economy, University of Chicago Press, vol. 64, pages 416.
- Molero, Juan Carlos, 2003.
"La Posición De Los Distintos Partidos Políticos Respecto A La Nueva Ley General De Estabilidad Presupuestaria: Su Influjo En Los Niveles Subcentrales De Gobierno
[The Position Of Different Politica," MPRA Paper 8072, University Library of Munich, Germany.
- Klaus krippendorff, 2004. "Measuring the Reliability of Qualitative Text Analysis Data," Quality & Quantity: International Journal of Methodology, Springer, vol. 38(6), pages 787-800, December.
- Barry Eichengreen & Jurgen von Hagen, 1996. "Fiscal Policy and Monetary Union: Is There a Tradeoff between Federalism and Budgetary Restrictions?," NBER Working Papers 5517, National Bureau of Economic Research, Inc.
- Molero, Juan Carlos, 2001. "Analysis Of The Decentralization Of Public Spending In Spain," MPRA Paper 8056, University Library of Munich, Germany.
- Francesc Pujol, 2009. "Measuring US Presidents Political Commitment for Fiscal Discipline between 1920 and 2008," Faculty Working Papers 01/09, School of Economics and Business Administration, University of Navarra.
- Molero, Juan Carlos, 2002.
"Gasto Público y Federalismo Fiscal en España. Período 1984-1998
[Public Spending and Fiscal Federalism in Spain. Period 1984-1998]," MPRA Paper 8098, University Library of Munich, Germany.
- Wallace E. Oates, 1999. "An Essay on Fiscal Federalism," Journal of Economic Literature, American Economic Association, vol. 37(3), pages 1120-1149, September.
- Tamim Bayoumi & Barry Eichengreen, 1995. "Restraining Yourself: The Implications of Fiscal Rules for Economic Stabilization," IMF Staff Papers, Palgrave Macmillan, vol. 42(1), pages 32-48, March.
- Bel, Germa, 2003. "Confidence building and politics in privatization: some evidence from Spain," Economics Letters, Elsevier, vol. 78(1), pages 9-16, January.
When requesting a correction, please mention this item's handle: RePEc:una:unccee:wp0508. See general information about how to correct material in RePEc.
For technical questions regarding this item, or to correct its authors, title, abstract, bibliographic or download information, contact: ()
If references are entirely missing, you can add them using this form.