Comparative Federalism meets the European Union
Download full text from publisher
References listed on IDEAS
- Giandomenico Majone, 1993. "The European Community Between Social Policy and Social Regulation," Journal of Common Market Studies, Wiley Blackwell, vol. 31(2), pages 153-170, June.
- Gordon Tullock, 1969. "Federalism: Problems of scale," Public Choice, Springer, vol. 6(1), pages 19-29, March.
- Yingyi Qian & Barry R. Weingast, 1997.
"Federalism as a Commitment to Reserving Market Incentives,"
Journal of Economic Perspectives,
American Economic Association, vol. 11(4), pages 83-92, Fall.
- Yingyi Qian & Barry R. Weingast, 1997. "Federalism as a Commitment to Preserving Market Incentives," Working Papers 97042, Stanford University, Department of Economics.
- Jacques Pelkmans, 1987. "The New Approach to Technical Harmonization and Standardization," Journal of Common Market Studies, Wiley Blackwell, vol. 25(3), pages 249-269, March.
- Siebert, Horst & Koop, Michael J, 1993.
"Institutional Competition versus Centralization: Quo Vadis Europe?,"
Oxford Review of Economic Policy,
Oxford University Press, vol. 9(1), pages 15-30, Spring.
- Siebert, Horst & Koop, Michael J., 1993. "Institutional competition versus centralization: Quo vadis Europe?," Kiel Working Papers 548, Kiel Institute for the World Economy (IfW).
- Charles M. Tiebout, 1956. "A Pure Theory of Local Expenditures," Journal of Political Economy, University of Chicago Press, vol. 64, pages 416-416.
- Wintrobe, Ronald, 1987. "Competitive federalism and bureaucratic power," European Journal of Political Economy, Elsevier, vol. 3(1-2), pages 9-31.
- Sophie Meunier & Kalypso Nicolaïdis, 1999. "Who Speaks for Europe? The Delegation of Trade Authority in the EU," Journal of Common Market Studies, Wiley Blackwell, vol. 37(3), pages 477-501, September.
- Richard A. Musgrave, 1997. "Devolution, Grants, and Fiscal Competition," Journal of Economic Perspectives, American Economic Association, vol. 11(4), pages 65-72, Fall.
- Wallace E. Oates, 1999. "An Essay on Fiscal Federalism," Journal of Economic Literature, American Economic Association, vol. 37(3), pages 1120-1149, September.
- Thomas Risse-kappen, 1996. "Exploring the Nature of the Beast: International Relations Theory and Comparative Policy Analysis Meet the European Union," Journal of Common Market Studies, Wiley Blackwell, vol. 34(1), pages 53-80, March.
- Gary Marks & Liesbet Hooghe & Kermit Blank, 1996. "European Integration from the 1980s: State-Centric v. Multi-level Governance," Journal of Common Market Studies, Wiley Blackwell, vol. 34(3), pages 341-378, September.
- Casella, Alessandra & Frey, Bruno, 1992. "Federalism and clubs : Towards an economic theory of overlapping political jurisdictions," European Economic Review, Elsevier, vol. 36(2-3), pages 639-646, April.
More about this item
Keywordsfederalism; multilevel governance; multilevel governance; political representation; interest representation; democracy;
NEP fieldsThis paper has been announced in the following NEP Reports:
StatisticsAccess and download statistics
All material on this site has been provided by the respective publishers and authors. You can help correct errors and omissions. When requesting a correction, please mention this item's handle: RePEc:erp:conweb:p0007. See general information about how to correct material in RePEc.
For technical questions regarding this item, or to correct its authors, title, abstract, bibliographic or download information, contact: (Jan WILKENS). General contact details of provider: https://www.wiso.uni-hamburg.de/fachbereich-sowi/professuren/wiener/forschung/publikationen/conwebpapers.html .