Competitive federalism and bureaucratic power
Download full text from publisher
As the access to this document is restricted, you may want to search for a different version of it.
References listed on IDEAS
- Bawa, Vijay S & Sibley, David S, 1980. "Dynamic Behavior of a Firm Subject to Stochastic Regulatory Review," International Economic Review, Department of Economics, University of Pennsylvania and Osaka University Institute of Social and Economic Research Association, vol. 21(3), pages 627-642, October.
- Baron, David P & Myerson, Roger B, 1982. "Regulating a Monopolist with Unknown Costs," Econometrica, Econometric Society, vol. 50(4), pages 911-930, July.
- Laffont, Jean-Jacques & Tirole, Jean, 1986. "Using Cost Observation to Regulate Firms," Journal of Political Economy, University of Chicago Press, vol. 94(3), pages 614-641, June.
- John G. Cross, 1970. "Incentive Pricing and Utility Regulation," The Quarterly Journal of Economics, Oxford University Press, vol. 84(2), pages 236-253.
- David P. Baron & David Besanko, 1984. "Regulation, Asymmetric Information, and Auditing," RAND Journal of Economics, The RAND Corporation, vol. 15(4), pages 447-470, Winter.
- Sherman, Roger, 1983. "Pricing behavior of the budget-constrained public enterprise," Journal of Economic Behavior & Organization, Elsevier, vol. 4(4), pages 381-393, December.
- Henry C. Simons, 1936. "Rules versus Authorities in Monetary Policy," Journal of Political Economy, University of Chicago Press, vol. 44, pages 1-1.
- Yarrow, George, 1985. "Strategic Issues in Industrial Policy," Oxford Review of Economic Policy, Oxford University Press, vol. 1(3), pages 95-109, Autumn.
- James C. Cox & R. Mark Isaac, 1987. "Mechanisms for Incentive Regulation: Theory and Experiment," RAND Journal of Economics, The RAND Corporation, vol. 18(3), pages 348-359, Autumn.
- Laffont, Jean-Jacques & Tirole, Jean, 1987. "Auctioning Incentive Contracts," Journal of Political Economy, University of Chicago Press, vol. 95(5), pages 921-937, October.
- Oliver E. Williamson, 1976. "Franchise Bidding for Natural Monopolies -- in General and with Respect to CATV," Bell Journal of Economics, The RAND Corporation, vol. 7(1), pages 73-104, Spring.
- Picard, Pierre, 1987.
"On the design of incentive schemes under moral hazard and adverse selection,"
Journal of Public Economics,
Elsevier, vol. 33(3), pages 305-331, August.
- Picard Pierre, 1986. "On the design of incentive schemes under moral hazard and adverse selection," CEPREMAP Working Papers (Couverture Orange) 8602, CEPREMAP.
- Sweeney, George, 1981. "Adoption of Cost-Saving Innovations by a Regulated Firm," American Economic Review, American Economic Association, vol. 71(3), pages 437-447, June.
- Andrei Shleifer, 1985. "A Theory of Yardstick Competition," RAND Journal of Economics, The RAND Corporation, vol. 16(3), pages 319-327, Autumn.
- David P. Baron & David Besanko, 1987. "Commitment and Fairness in a Dynamic Regulatory Relationship," Review of Economic Studies, Oxford University Press, vol. 54(3), pages 413-436.
- Ingo Vogelsang & Jorg Finsinger, 1979. "A Regulatory Adjustment Process for Optimal Pricing by Multiproduct Monopoly Firms," Bell Journal of Economics, The RAND Corporation, vol. 10(1), pages 157-171, Spring.
- David Sappington, 1980. "Strategic Firm Behavior under a Dynamic Regulatory Adjustment Process," Bell Journal of Economics, The RAND Corporation, vol. 11(1), pages 360-372, Spring.
- Sappington, David E. M., 1986. "Commitment to regulatory bureaucracy," Information Economics and Policy, Elsevier, vol. 2(4), pages 243-258, December.
- Glenn W. Harrison & Michael McKee, 1985. "Monopoly Behavior, Decentralized Regulation, and Contestable Markets: An Experimental Evaluation," RAND Journal of Economics, The RAND Corporation, vol. 16(1), pages 51-69, Spring.
- Padmanabhan Srinagesh, 1986. "Nonlinear Prices and the Regulated Firm," The Quarterly Journal of Economics, Oxford University Press, vol. 101(1), pages 51-68.
- Roger Sherman, 1970. "The Design of Public Utility Institutions," Land Economics, University of Wisconsin Press, vol. 46(1), pages 51-58.
CitationsCitations are extracted by the CitEc Project, subscribe to its RSS feed for this item.
- repec:bpj:pewipo:v:18:y:2017:i:2:p:145-158:n:1 is not listed on IDEAS
- Roger Congleton, 2013.
"On the inevitability of divided government and improbability of a complete separation of powers,"
Constitutional Political Economy,
Springer, vol. 24(3), pages 177-198, September.
- Roger D. Congleton, 2013. "On the Inevitability of Divided Government and Improbability of a Complete Separation of Powers," Working Papers 13-04, Department of Economics, West Virginia University.
- Tanja A. Boerzel & Madeleine O. Hosli, 2002. "Comparative Federalism meets the European Union," The Constitutionalism Web-Papers p0007, University of Hamburg, Faculty for Economics and Social Sciences, Department of Social Sciences, Institute of Political Science.
- Piero Conforti & Pasquale De Muro & Luca Salvatici, 2002. "Decentralization and Development in South-Saharan-Africa," QA - Rivista dell'Associazione Rossi-Doria, Associazione Rossi Doria, issue 3, November.
More about this item
StatisticsAccess and download statistics
All material on this site has been provided by the respective publishers and authors. You can help correct errors and omissions. When requesting a correction, please mention this item's handle: RePEc:eee:poleco:v:3:y:1987:i:1-2:p:9-31. See general information about how to correct material in RePEc.
For technical questions regarding this item, or to correct its authors, title, abstract, bibliographic or download information, contact: (Dana Niculescu). General contact details of provider: http://www.elsevier.com/locate/inca/505544 .
If you have authored this item and are not yet registered with RePEc, we encourage you to do it here. This allows to link your profile to this item. It also allows you to accept potential citations to this item that we are uncertain about.
We have no references for this item. You can help adding them by using this form .
If you know of missing items citing this one, you can help us creating those links by adding the relevant references in the same way as above, for each refering item. If you are a registered author of this item, you may also want to check the "citations" tab in your RePEc Author Service profile, as there may be some citations waiting for confirmation.
Please note that corrections may take a couple of weeks to filter through the various RePEc services.