Factors of Tax Decentralization in OECD-Europe Countries
Download full text from publisher
As the access to this document is restricted, you may want to search for a different version of it.
References listed on IDEAS
- Charles M. Tiebout, 1956. "A Pure Theory of Local Expenditures," Journal of Political Economy, University of Chicago Press, vol. 64, pages 416-416.
- Gordon Tullock, 1969. "Federalism: Problems of scale," Public Choice, Springer, vol. 6(1), pages 19-29, March.
- Robin Boadway & Katherine Cuff & Maurice Marchand, 2003.
"Equalization and the Decentralization of Revenue-Raising in a Federation,"
Journal of Public Economic Theory,
Association for Public Economic Theory, vol. 5(2), pages 201-228, April.
- R. Boadway & K. Cuff & M. Marchand, 2001. "Equalization and the Decentralization of Revenue-Raising in a Federation," Department of Economics Working Papers 2001-04, McMaster University.
- BOADWAY, Robin & CUFF, Katherine & MARCHAND, Maurice, 2003. "Equalization and the decentralization of revenue-raising in a federation," CORE Discussion Papers RP 1610, Université catholique de Louvain, Center for Operations Research and Econometrics (CORE).
- Gramlich, Edward M., 1993. "A Policymaker's Guide to Fiscal Decentralization," National Tax Journal, National Tax Association, vol. 46(2), pages 229-35, June.
- Cerniglia, Floriana, 2003. "Decentralization in the public sector: quantitative aspects in federal and unitary countries," Journal of Policy Modeling, Elsevier, vol. 25(8), pages 749-776, November.
- Mullen, John K, 1980. "The Role of Income in Explaining State-Local Fiscal Decentralization," Public Finance = Finances publiques, , vol. 35(2), pages 300-308.
- Barbara Ermini & Raffaella Santolini, 2014. "Does Globalization Matter on Fiscal Decentralization? New Evidence from the OECD," Global Economic Review, Taylor & Francis Journals, vol. 43(2), pages 153-183, June.
- Gustavo Canavire-Bacarreza & Jorge Martinez-Vazquez & Bauyrzhan Yedgenov, 2017.
"Reexamining the determinants of fiscal decentralization: what is the role of geography?,"
Journal of Economic Geography,
Oxford University Press, vol. 17(6), pages 1209-1249.
- Gustavo Canavire-Bacarreza & Jorge Martinez-Vazquez, 2012. "Reexamining The Determinants Of Fiscal Decentralization: What Is The Role Of Geography?," International Center for Public Policy Working Paper Series, at AYSPS, GSU paper1211, International Center for Public Policy, Andrew Young School of Policy Studies, Georgia State University.
- Oates, Wallace E, 1985. "Searching for Leviathan: An Empirical Study," American Economic Review, American Economic Association, vol. 75(4), pages 748-757, September.
- Wallace E. Oates, 1968. "The Theory of Public Finance in a Federal System," Canadian Journal of Economics, Canadian Economics Association, vol. 1(1), pages 37-54, February.
- Olson, Mancur, Jr, 1969. "The Principle of "Fiscal Equivalence": The Division of Responsibilities among Different Levels of Government," American Economic Review, American Economic Association, vol. 59(2), pages 479-487, May.
- Arzaghi, Mohammad & Henderson, J. Vernon, 2005. "Why countries are fiscally decentralizing," Journal of Public Economics, Elsevier, vol. 89(7), pages 1157-1189, July.
- Dan Stegarescu, 2005. "Public sector decentralisation: measurement concepts and recent international trends," Fiscal Studies, Institute for Fiscal Studies, vol. 26(3), pages 301-333, September.
- Papke, Leslie E & Wooldridge, Jeffrey M, 1996.
"Econometric Methods for Fractional Response Variables with an Application to 401(K) Plan Participation Rates,"
Journal of Applied Econometrics,
John Wiley & Sons, Ltd., vol. 11(6), pages 619-632, Nov.-Dec..
- Leslie E. Papke & Jeffrey M. Wooldridge, 1993. "Econometric Methods for Fractional Response Variables with an Application to 401(k) Plan Participation Rates," NBER Technical Working Papers 0147, National Bureau of Economic Research, Inc.
- Wallace E. Oates, 1999. "An Essay on Fiscal Federalism," Journal of Economic Literature, American Economic Association, vol. 37(3), pages 1120-1149, September.
- Michael Nelson, 1986. "An empirical analysis of state and local tax structure in the context of the Leviathan model of government," Public Choice, Springer, vol. 49(3), pages 283-294, January.
- Gramlich, Edward M., 1993. "A Policymaker's Guide to Fiscal Decentralization," National Tax Journal, National Tax Association;National Tax Journal, vol. 46(2), pages 229-235, June.
- Panizza, Ugo, 1999. "On the determinants of fiscal centralization: Theory and evidence," Journal of Public Economics, Elsevier, vol. 74(1), pages 97-139, October.
- Teresa Ter-Minassian, 1997. "Decentralization and Macroeconomic Management," IMF Working Papers 97/155, International Monetary Fund.
- Greene, Kenneth V, 1985. "Fiscal Decentralization: Evidence on the Role of Income and Other Determinants," Public Finance = Finances publiques, , vol. 40(2), pages 291-298.
- Philip Bodman & Andrew Hodge, 2010. "What Drives Fiscal Decentralisation? Further Assessing the Role of Income," Fiscal Studies, Institute for Fiscal Studies, vol. 31(3), pages 373-404, September.
- Woo Sik Kee, 1977. "Fiscal Decentralization and Economic Development," Public Finance Review, , vol. 5(1), pages 79-97, January.
- David King, 2007. "Allocation of Taxing Powers," OECD Journal on Budgeting, OECD Publishing, vol. 6(3), pages 1-33.
- Litvack, James M & Oates, Wallace E, 1970. "Group Size and the Output of Public Goods: Theory and Application to State-Local Finance in the United States," Public Finance = Finances publiques, , vol. 25(1), pages 42-62.
- Oates, Wallace E., 2008. "On the Evolution of Fiscal Federalism: Theory and Institutions," National Tax Journal, National Tax Association;National Tax Journal, vol. 61(2), pages 313-334, June.
More about this item
KeywordsFiscal decentralization; Tax decentralization; Taxation autonomy; Local government;
- H71 - Public Economics - - State and Local Government; Intergovernmental Relations - - - State and Local Taxation, Subsidies, and Revenue
StatisticsAccess and download statistics
All material on this site has been provided by the respective publishers and authors. You can help correct errors and omissions. When requesting a correction, please mention this item's handle: RePEc:prg:jnlefa:v:2015:y:2015:i:2:id:140:p:33-49. See general information about how to correct material in RePEc.
For technical questions regarding this item, or to correct its authors, title, abstract, bibliographic or download information, contact: (Frantisek Sokolovsky). General contact details of provider: http://edirc.repec.org/data/uevsecz.html .
If you have authored this item and are not yet registered with RePEc, we encourage you to do it here. This allows to link your profile to this item. It also allows you to accept potential citations to this item that we are uncertain about.
If you know of missing items citing this one, you can help us creating those links by adding the relevant references in the same way as above, for each refering item. If you are a registered author of this item, you may also want to check the "citations" tab in your RePEc Author Service profile, as there may be some citations waiting for confirmation.
Please note that corrections may take a couple of weeks to filter through the various RePEc services.