An empirical analysis of state and local tax structure in the context of the Leviathan model of government
Download full text from publisher
As the access to this document is restricted, you may want to search for a different version of it.
References listed on IDEAS
- Brennan,Geoffrey & Buchanan,James M., 2006. "The Power to Tax," Cambridge Books, Cambridge University Press, number 9780521027922, May.
- Hettich, Walter & Winer, Stanley, 1984. "A positive model of tax structure," Journal of Public Economics, Elsevier, vol. 24(1), pages 67-87, June.
- David Sjoquist, 1981. "A median voter analysis of variations in the use of property taxes among local governments," Public Choice, Springer, vol. 36(2), pages 273-285, January.
- Buchanan, James M, 1985. "The Moral Dimension of Debt Financing," Economic Inquiry, Western Economic Association International, vol. 23(1), pages 1-6, January.
CitationsCitations are extracted by the CitEc Project, subscribe to its RSS feed for this item.
- Lars Feld, 2014.
"James Buchanan’s theory of federalism: from fiscal equity to the ideal political order,"
Constitutional Political Economy,
Springer, vol. 25(3), pages 231-252, September.
- Feld, Lars P., 2014. "James Buchanan's theory of federalism: From fiscal equity to the ideal political order," Freiburg Discussion Papers on Constitutional Economics 14/06, Walter Eucken Institut e.V..
- Grossman, Philip J & West, Edwin G, 1994. "Federalism and the Growth of Government Revisited," Public Choice, Springer, vol. 79(1-2), pages 19-32, April.
- Fox, William F. & Gurley, Tami, 2006. "Will consolidation improve sub-national governments ?," Policy Research Working Paper Series 3913, The World Bank.
- Marcelin Joanis, 2008.
"Intertwined Federalism: Accountability Problems under Partial Decentralization,"
Cahiers de recherche
08-22, Departement d'Economique de l'École de gestion à l'Université de Sherbrooke.
- Marcelin Joanis, 2009. "Intertwined Federalism: Accountability Problems under Partial Decentralization," CIRANO Working Papers 2009s-39, CIRANO.
- David Bartolini & Agnese Sacchi & Domenico Scalera & Alberto Zazzaro, 2018. "The closer the better? Institutional distance and information blurring in a political agency model," Mo.Fi.R. Working Papers 146, Money and Finance Research group (Mo.Fi.R.) - Univ. Politecnica Marche - Dept. Economic and Social Sciences.
- Jürgen, Göbel, 2009. "How can the Power of Leviathans be Measured?," MPRA Paper 13663, University Library of Munich, Germany.
- Philip Grossman, 1989.
"Fiscal decentralization and government size: An extension,"
Springer, vol. 62(1), pages 63-69, July.
- P.J. Grossman, 1988. "Fiscal Decentralization and Government Size: An extension," Economics Discussion / Working Papers 88-16, The University of Western Australia, Department of Economics.
- Philip J. Grossman, 1989. "Fiscal Decentralization and Government Size: An Extension," Monash Economics Working Papers archive-05, Monash University, Department of Economics.
- Michael Marlow, 1988. "Fiscal decentralization and government size," Public Choice, Springer, vol. 56(3), pages 259-269, March.
- Milan Jílek, 2015. "Factors of Tax Decentralization in OECD-Europe Countries," European Financial and Accounting Journal, University of Economics, Prague, vol. 2015(2), pages 33-49.
- Walter Misiolek & Harold Elder, 1988. "Tax structure and the size of government: An empirical analysis of the fiscal illusion and fiscal stress arguments," Public Choice, Springer, vol. 57(3), pages 233-245, June.
- Yeti Nisha Madhoo & Shyam Nath, 2014. "Beneficiary charges: The Cinderella of subnational finance," Chapters,in: Taxation and Development: The Weakest Link?, chapter 11, pages 364-402 Edward Elgar Publishing.
- Silvia GOLEM & Lena MALEŠEVIC PEROVIC, 2014. "An Empirical Analysis of the Relationship between Fiscal Decentralization and the Size of Government," Czech Journal of Economics and Finance (Finance a uver), Charles University Prague, Faculty of Social Sciences, vol. 64(1), pages 30-58, February.
- Diego Pinilla & Juan de Dios Jiménez & Roberto Montero, 2013. "Dimensión del Estado y descentralización fiscal. Elementos para el debate desde la experiencia reciente de América Latina," REVISTA DE ECONOMÍA DEL ROSARIO, UNIVERSIDAD DEL ROSARIO, June.
- Paolo Liberati & Agnese Sacchi, 2013.
"Tax decentralization and local government size,"
Springer, vol. 157(1), pages 183-205, October.
- Paolo Liberati & Agnese Sacchi, 2010. "Tax Decentralisation and local Government size," Departmental Working Papers of Economics - University 'Roma Tre' 0123, Department of Economics - University Roma Tre.
- repec:hpe:journl:y:2016:v:219:i:4:p:137-160 is not listed on IDEAS
- Qian WANG & Chunli SHEN & Heng-fu ZOU, 2009.
"Local Government Tax Effort In China: An Analysis Of Provincial Tax Performance,"
Region et Developpement,
Region et Developpement, LEAD, Universite du Sud - Toulon Var, vol. 29, pages 203-236.
- Qian Wang & Chunli Shen & Heng-fu Zou, 2011. "Local Government Tax Effort in China: an Analysis of Provincial Tax Performance," CEMA Working Papers 483, China Economics and Management Academy, Central University of Finance and Economics.
- Heng-fu Zou, 2012. "Economic Theory and Empirics: Selected Economic Papers (Vol. 3)," CEMA Working Papers 558, China Economics and Management Academy, Central University of Finance and Economics.
- Sharma, Chanchal Kumar, 2004. "Decentralization Dilemma: Measuring the Degree and Evaluating the Outcomes," MPRA Paper 204, University Library of Munich, Germany, revised Nov 2005.
- Patonov Nikolay Andonov, 2013. "Searching for A Restraint on the European Leviathan," Scientific Annals of Economics and Business, De Gruyter Open, vol. 60(2), pages 1-16, December.
- Josselin Jean-Michel, 1995. "Towards a Tax Constitution for Local Leviathans. A Tentative Proposal," Journal des Economistes et des Etudes Humaines, De Gruyter, vol. 6(2-3), pages 1-14, June.
- Redoano, Michela, 2014. "Tax competition among European countries. Does the EU matter?," European Journal of Political Economy, Elsevier, vol. 34(C), pages 353-371.
More about this item
StatisticsAccess and download statistics
All material on this site has been provided by the respective publishers and authors. You can help correct errors and omissions. When requesting a correction, please mention this item's handle: RePEc:kap:pubcho:v:49:y:1986:i:3:p:283-294. See general information about how to correct material in RePEc.
For technical questions regarding this item, or to correct its authors, title, abstract, bibliographic or download information, contact: (Sonal Shukla) or (Rebekah McClure). General contact details of provider: http://www.springer.com .