The ripple that drowns? Twentieth-century famines in China and India as economic history
No abstract is available for this item.
|Date of creation:||Nov 2007|
|Date of revision:|
|Contact details of provider:|| Postal: UCD, Belfield, Dublin 4|
Fax: +353-1-283 0068
Web page: http://www.ucd.ie/economics
More information through EDIRC
Please report citation or reference errors to , or , if you are the registered author of the cited work, log in to your RePEc Author Service profile, click on "citations" and make appropriate adjustments.:
- Mokyr, Joel & Gr Da, Cormac, 2002.
"What do people die of during famines: the Great Irish Famine in comparative perspective,"
European Review of Economic History,
Cambridge University Press, vol. 6(03), pages 339-363, December.
- Cormac Ó Gráda & Joel Mokyr, 2002. "What do people die of during famines : the Great Irish Famine in comparative perspective," Open Access publications 10197/449, School of Economics, University College Dublin.
- Gerhard K. Heilig, 2006. ""Many" Chinas? The Economic Diversity of China's Provinces," Population and Development Review, The Population Council, Inc., vol. 32(1), pages 147-161.
- Wei Li & Dennis Tao Yang, 2005. "The Great Leap Forward: Anatomy of a Central Planning Disaster," Journal of Political Economy, University of Chicago Press, vol. 113(4), pages 840-877, August.
- Justin Yifu Lin & Yang, Dennis, 1995.
"Food Availability, Entitlement and the Chinese Famine of 1959-61,"
95-24, Duke University, Department of Economics.
- Lin, Justin Yifu & Yang, Dennis Tao, 2000. "Food Availability, Entitlements and the Chinese Famine of 1959-61," Economic Journal, Royal Economic Society, vol. 110(460), pages 136-58, January.
- Zhehui Luo & Ren Mu & Xiaobo Zhang, 2006. "Famine and Overweight in China ," Review of Agricultural Economics, Agricultural and Applied Economics Association, vol. 28(3), pages 296-304.
- Houser, Daniel & Sands, Barbara & Xiao, Erte, 2009. "Three parts natural, seven parts man-made: Bayesian analysis of China's Great Leap Forward demographic disaster," Journal of Economic Behavior & Organization, Elsevier, vol. 69(2), pages 148-159, February.
When requesting a correction, please mention this item's handle: RePEc:ucn:wpaper:200719. See general information about how to correct material in RePEc.
For technical questions regarding this item, or to correct its authors, title, abstract, bibliographic or download information, contact: (Nicolas Clifton)
If references are entirely missing, you can add them using this form.