Fertility trends, excess mortality, and the Great Irish Famine
Download full text from publisher
As the access to this document is restricted, you may want to look for a different version below or search for a different version of it.
Other versions of this item:
- Cormac Ó Gráda & Phelim P. Boyle, 1986. "Fertility trends, excess mortality, and the Great Irish Famine," Open Access publications 10197/401, School of Economics, University College Dublin.
- Phelim P. Boyle & Cormac Ó Gráda, 1983. "Fertility trends, excess mortality and the Great Irish Famine," Working Papers 198312, School of Economics, University College Dublin.
References listed on IDEAS
- By Joseph Lee, 1968. "Marriage and Population in Pre-Famine Ireland," Economic History Review, Economic History Society, vol. 21(2), pages 283-294, August.
- K. H. Connell, 1950. "Land And Population In Ireland, 1780-1845," Economic History Review, Economic History Society, vol. 2(3), pages 278-289, April.
- Michael Drake, 1963. "Marriage and Population Growth in Ireland, 1750–1845," Economic History Review, Economic History Society, vol. 16(2), pages 301-313, December.
CitationsCitations are extracted by the CitEc Project, subscribe to its RSS feed for this item.
- repec:dem:demres:v:38:y:2018:i:2 is not listed on IDEAS
- repec:dem:demres:v:36:y:2017:i:42 is not listed on IDEAS
- Curran, Declan & Fröling, Maria, 2010. "Large-scale mortality shocks and the Great Irish Famine 1845-1852," Economic Modelling, Elsevier, vol. 27(5), pages 1302-1314, September.
- Blum, Matthias & Colvin, Christopher L. & McLaughlin, Eoin, 2017.
"Scarring and selection in the Great Irish Famine,"
QUCEH Working Paper Series
2017-08, Queen's University Belfast, Queen's University Centre for Economic History.
- Matthias Blum & Christopher L. Colvin & Eoin McLaughlin, 2017. "Scarring and Selection in the Great Irish Famine," Discussion Papers in Environment and Development Economics 2017-10, University of St. Andrews, School of Geography and Sustainable Development.
- S. R. Osmani, 1996. "Famine, demography and endemic poverty," Journal of International Development, John Wiley & Sons, Ltd., vol. 8(5), pages 597-623.
- Hollis, Aidan & Sweetman, Arthur, 2004. "Microfinance and Famine: The Irish Loan Funds during the Great Famine," World Development, Elsevier, vol. 32(9), pages 1509-1523, September.
- Cormac Ó Gráda, 2008. "The ripple that drowns? Twentieth-century famines in China and India as economic history-super-1," Economic History Review, Economic History Society, vol. 61(s1), pages 5-37, August.
More about this item
StatisticsAccess and download statistics
All material on this site has been provided by the respective publishers and authors. You can help correct errors and omissions. When requesting a correction, please mention this item's handle: RePEc:spr:demogr:v:23:y:1986:i:4:p:543-562. See general information about how to correct material in RePEc.
For technical questions regarding this item, or to correct its authors, title, abstract, bibliographic or download information, contact: (Sonal Shukla) or (Rebekah McClure). General contact details of provider: http://www.springer.com .
If you have authored this item and are not yet registered with RePEc, we encourage you to do it here. This allows to link your profile to this item. It also allows you to accept potential citations to this item that we are uncertain about.
If you know of missing items citing this one, you can help us creating those links by adding the relevant references in the same way as above, for each refering item. If you are a registered author of this item, you may also want to check the "citations" tab in your RePEc Author Service profile, as there may be some citations waiting for confirmation.
Please note that corrections may take a couple of weeks to filter through the various RePEc services.