Optimal time-consistent fiscal policy in an endogenous growth economy with public consumption and capital
Download full text from publisher
Other versions of this item:
- Novales, Alfonso & Pérez, Rafaela & Ruiz, Jesús, 2014. "Optimal time-consistent fiscal policy in an endogenous growth economy with public consumption and capital," Journal of Macroeconomics, Elsevier, vol. 42(C), pages 104-117.
References listed on IDEAS
- Aschauer, David Alan, 1989. "Is public expenditure productive?," Journal of Monetary Economics, Elsevier, vol. 23(2), pages 177-200, March.
- Glomm, Gerhard & Ravikumar, B., 1997. "Productive government expenditures and long-run growth," Journal of Economic Dynamics and Control, Elsevier, vol. 21(1), pages 183-204, January.
- Salvador Ortigueira, 2006. "Markov-Perfect Optimal Taxation," Review of Economic Dynamics, Elsevier for the Society for Economic Dynamics, vol. 9(1), pages 153-178, January.
- Nir Jaimovich & Sergio Rebelo, 2017.
"Nonlinear Effects of Taxation on Growth,"
Journal of Political Economy,
University of Chicago Press, vol. 125(1), pages 265-291.
- Jaimovich, Nir & Rebelo, Sérgio, 2012. "Non-linear Effects of Taxation on Growth," CEPR Discussion Papers 9261, C.E.P.R. Discussion Papers.
- Nir Jaimovich & Sergio Rebelo, 2013. "Non-linear effects of taxation on growth," FRB Atlanta CQER Working Paper 2013-02, Federal Reserve Bank of Atlanta.
- Nir Jaimovich & Sergio Rebelo, 2012. "Non-linear Effects of Taxation on Growth," NBER Working Papers 18473, National Bureau of Economic Research, Inc.
- Barro, Robert J, 1990.
"Government Spending in a Simple Model of Endogenous Growth,"
Journal of Political Economy,
University of Chicago Press, vol. 98(5), pages 103-126, October.
- Robert J. Barro, 1988. "Government Spending in a Simple Model of Endogenous Growth," NBER Working Papers 2588, National Bureau of Economic Research, Inc.
- Barro, Robert J., 1990. "Government Spending in a Simple Model of Endogeneous Growth," Scholarly Articles 3451296, Harvard University Department of Economics.
- Barro, R.J., 1988. "Government Spending In A Simple Model Of Endogenous Growth," RCER Working Papers 130, University of Rochester - Center for Economic Research (RCER).
- Cazzavillan, Guido, 1996. "Public Spending, Endogenous Growth, and Endogenous Fluctuations," Journal of Economic Theory, Elsevier, vol. 71(2), pages 394-415, November.
- Malley, Jim & Philippopoulos, Apostolis & Economides, George, 2002.
"Testing for tax smoothing in a general equilibrium model of growth,"
European Journal of Political Economy,
Elsevier, vol. 18(2), pages 301-315, June.
- Jim Malley & Apostolis Philippopoulos & George Economides, 1999. "Testing For Tax Smoothing In A General Equilibrium Model Of Growth," Working Papers 1999_22, Business School - Economics, University of Glasgow.
- Martin, Fernando M., 2010. "Markov-perfect capital and labor taxes," Journal of Economic Dynamics and Control, Elsevier, vol. 34(3), pages 503-521, March.
- Ambler, Steve & Pelgrin, Florian, 2010. "Time-consistent control in nonlinear models," Journal of Economic Dynamics and Control, Elsevier, vol. 34(10), pages 2215-2228, October.
- Jose-Victor Rios-Rull & Per Krusell, 1999.
"On the Size of U.S. Government: Political Economy in the Neoclassical Growth Model,"
American Economic Review,
American Economic Association, vol. 89(5), pages 1156-1181, December.
- Per Krusell & Jose-Victor Rios-Rull, 1997. "On the size of U.S. government: political economy in the neoclassical growth model," Staff Report 234, Federal Reserve Bank of Minneapolis.
- Azzimonti, Marina & Sarte, Pierre-Daniel & Soares, Jorge, 2009.
"Distortionary taxes and public investment when government promises are not enforceable,"
Journal of Economic Dynamics and Control,
Elsevier, vol. 33(9), pages 1662-1681, September.
- Jorge Soares, Marina Azzimonti, Pierre-Daniel Sarte & Pierre-Daniel Sarte & Jorge Soares, 2006. "Distortionary Taxes and Public Investment When Government Promises Are Not Enforceable," Working Papers 06-07, University of Delaware, Department of Economics.
- Paul Klein & Per Krusell & José-Víctor Ríos-Rull, 2008. "Time-Consistent Public Policy," Review of Economic Studies, Oxford University Press, vol. 75(3), pages 789-808.
- Krusell, Per & Quadrini, Vincenzo & Rios-Rull, Jose-Victor, 1996. "Are consumption taxes really better than income taxes?," Journal of Monetary Economics, Elsevier, vol. 37(3), pages 475-503, June.
- Randall W. Eberts, 1986. "Estimating the contribution of urban public infrastructure to regional growth," Working Paper 8610, Federal Reserve Bank of Cleveland.
CitationsCitations are extracted by the CitEc Project, subscribe to its RSS feed for this item.
- Novales, Alfonso & Pérez, Rafaela & Ruiz, Jesus, 2014.
"Optimal time-consistent fiscal policy under endogenous growth with elastic labor supply,"
Elsevier, vol. 42(C), pages 398-412.
- Alfonso Novales Cinca & Rafaela Pérez Sánchez & Jesús Rúiz Andújar, 2013. "Optimal time-consistent fiscal policy under endogenous growth with elastic labour supply," Documentos de Trabajo del ICAE 2013-24, Universidad Complutense de Madrid, Facultad de Ciencias Económicas y Empresariales, Instituto Complutense de Análisis Económico.
More about this item
KeywordsTime-consistency; Markov-perfect optimal policy; Ramsey optimal policy; Endogenous growth; Income tax rate; Government spending composition.;
- E61 - Macroeconomics and Monetary Economics - - Macroeconomic Policy, Macroeconomic Aspects of Public Finance, and General Outlook - - - Policy Objectives; Policy Designs and Consistency; Policy Coordination
- E62 - Macroeconomics and Monetary Economics - - Macroeconomic Policy, Macroeconomic Aspects of Public Finance, and General Outlook - - - Fiscal Policy
- H21 - Public Economics - - Taxation, Subsidies, and Revenue - - - Efficiency; Optimal Taxation
NEP fieldsThis paper has been announced in the following NEP Reports:
- NEP-ALL-2014-01-17 (All new papers)
- NEP-DGE-2014-01-17 (Dynamic General Equilibrium)
- NEP-MAC-2014-01-17 (Macroeconomics)
- NEP-PBE-2014-01-17 (Public Economics)
StatisticsAccess and download statistics
All material on this site has been provided by the respective publishers and authors. You can help correct errors and omissions. When requesting a correction, please mention this item's handle: RePEc:ucm:doicae:1323. See general information about how to correct material in RePEc.
For technical questions regarding this item, or to correct its authors, title, abstract, bibliographic or download information, contact: (Águeda González Abad). General contact details of provider: http://edirc.repec.org/data/feucmes.html .
If you have authored this item and are not yet registered with RePEc, we encourage you to do it here. This allows to link your profile to this item. It also allows you to accept potential citations to this item that we are uncertain about.
If you know of missing items citing this one, you can help us creating those links by adding the relevant references in the same way as above, for each refering item. If you are a registered author of this item, you may also want to check the "citations" tab in your RePEc Author Service profile, as there may be some citations waiting for confirmation.
Please note that corrections may take a couple of weeks to filter through the various RePEc services.