Costs for conventional and renewable fuels and electricity in the worldwide transport sector: a mean-variance portfolio approach
Download full text from publisher
Other versions of this item:
- Guerrero-Lemus, Ricardo & Marrero, Gustavo A. & Puch, Luis A., 2012. "Costs for conventional and renewable fuels and electricity in the worldwide transport sector: A mean–variance portfolio approach," Energy, Elsevier, vol. 44(1), pages 178-188.
References listed on IDEAS
- Schade, Burkhard & Wiesenthal, Tobias, 2011. "Biofuels: A model based assessment under uncertainty applying the Monte Carlo method," Journal of Policy Modeling, Elsevier, vol. 33(1), pages 92-126, January.
- Harry Markowitz, 1952. "Portfolio Selection," Journal of Finance, American Finance Association, vol. 7(1), pages 77-91, March.
- Marrero, Gustavo A. & Ramos-Real, Francisco Javier, 2010.
"Electricity generation cost in isolated system: The complementarities of natural gas and renewables in the Canary Islands,"
Renewable and Sustainable Energy Reviews,
Elsevier, vol. 14(9), pages 2808-2818, December.
- Gustavo A. Marrero & Francisco Javier Ramos-Real, 2010. "Electricity generation cost in isolated system: the complementarities of natural gas and renewables in the Canary Islands," Working Papers 2010-17, FEDEA.
- Antonia Diaz & Luis A. Puch & Maria D. Guillo, 2004.
"Costly Capital Reallocation and Energy Use,"
Review of Economic Dynamics,
Elsevier for the Society for Economic Dynamics, vol. 7(2), pages 494-518, April.
- Puch, Luis A. & Díaz, Antonia & Guilló, María D., 2001. "Costly capital reallocation and energy use," UC3M Working papers. Economics we015215, Universidad Carlos III de Madrid. Departamento de Economía.
- Antonia Díaz & Luis A. Puch & María D. Guilló, 2001. "Costly capital reallocation and energy use," Documentos de Trabajo del ICAE 0111, Universidad Complutense de Madrid, Facultad de Ciencias Económicas y Empresariales, Instituto Complutense de Análisis Económico.
- María Dolores Guilló & Antonia Díaz & Luis A. Puch, 2002. "Costly Capital Reallocation And Enery Use," Working Papers. Serie AD 2002-14, Instituto Valenciano de Investigaciones Económicas, S.A. (Ivie).
- Juul, Nina & Meibom, Peter, 2011. "Optimal configuration of an integrated power and transport system," Energy, Elsevier, vol. 36(5), pages 3523-3530.
- Shimon Awerbuch, 2006. "Portfolio-Based Electricity Generation Planning: Policy Implications For Renewables And Energy Security," Mitigation and Adaptation Strategies for Global Change, Springer, vol. 11(3), pages 693-710, May.
- Hodrick, Robert J & Prescott, Edward C, 1997.
"Postwar U.S. Business Cycles: An Empirical Investigation,"
Journal of Money, Credit and Banking,
Blackwell Publishing, vol. 29(1), pages 1-16, February.
- Robert J. Hodrick & Edward Prescott, 1981. "Post-War U.S. Business Cycles: An Empirical Investigation," Discussion Papers 451, Northwestern University, Center for Mathematical Studies in Economics and Management Science.
- Poudenx, Pascal, 2008. "The effect of transportation policies on energy consumption and greenhouse gas emission from urban passenger transportation," Transportation Research Part A: Policy and Practice, Elsevier, vol. 42(6), pages 901-909, July.
- Patrick J. Kehoe & Andrew Atkeson, 1999.
"Models of Energy Use: Putty-Putty versus Putty-Clay,"
American Economic Review,
American Economic Association, vol. 89(4), pages 1028-1043, September.
- Andrew Atkeson & Patrick J. Kehoe, 1994. "Models of Energy Use: Putty-Putty versus Putty-Clay," NBER Working Papers 4833, National Bureau of Economic Research, Inc.
- Buti,Marco & Deroose,Servaas & Gaspar,Vitor & Martins,JoÃ£o Nogueira (ed.), 2010. "The Euro," Cambridge Books, Cambridge University Press, number 9789279098420, April.
- Lutz Kilian, 2008. "The Economic Effects of Energy Price Shocks," Journal of Economic Literature, American Economic Association, vol. 46(4), pages 871-909, December.
- Wiser, Ryan & Bachrach, Devra & Bolinger, Mark & Golove, William, 2004. "Comparing the risk profiles of renewable and natural gas-fired electricity contracts," Renewable and Sustainable Energy Reviews, Elsevier, vol. 8(4), pages 335-363, August.
- Gül, Timur & Kypreos, Socrates & Turton, Hal & Barreto, Leonardo, 2009. "An energy-economic scenario analysis of alternative fuels for personal transport using the Global Multi-regional MARKAL model (GMM)," Energy, Elsevier, vol. 34(10), pages 1423-1437.
- Marrero, Gustavo A., 2010. "Greenhouse gases emissions, growth and the energy mix in Europe," Energy Economics, Elsevier, vol. 32(6), pages 1356-1363, November.
- Merton, Robert C., 1972. "An Analytic Derivation of the Efficient Portfolio Frontier," Journal of Financial and Quantitative Analysis, Cambridge University Press, vol. 7(04), pages 1851-1872, September.
- Ajanovic, A. & Haas, R., 2010. "Economic challenges for the future relevance of biofuels in transport in EU countries," Energy, Elsevier, vol. 35(8), pages 3340-3348.
- Arnesano, M. & Carlucci, A.P. & Laforgia, D., 2012. "Extension of portfolio theory application to energy planning problem – The Italian case," Energy, Elsevier, vol. 39(1), pages 112-124.
- Roques, Fabien A. & Newbery, David M. & Nuttall, William J., 2008. "Fuel mix diversification incentives in liberalized electricity markets: A Mean-Variance Portfolio theory approach," Energy Economics, Elsevier, vol. 30(4), pages 1831-1849, July.
CitationsCitations are extracted by the CitEc Project, subscribe to its RSS feed for this item.
- de-Llano Paz, Fernando & Antelo, Susana Iglesias & Calvo Silvosa, Anxo & Soares, Isabel, 2014. "The technological and environmental efficiency of the EU-27 power mix: An evaluation based on MPT," Energy, Elsevier, vol. 69(C), pages 67-81.
- Marrero, Gustavo A. & Puch, Luis A. & Ramos-Real, Francisco J., 2015.
"Mean-variance portfolio methods for energy policy risk management,"
International Review of Economics & Finance,
Elsevier, vol. 40(C), pages 246-264.
- Gustavo A. Marrero & Luis A. Puch & Francisco J. Ramos-Real, 2013. "Mean-variance portfolio methods for energy policy risk management," Documentos de Trabajo del ICAE 2013-41, Universidad Complutense de Madrid, Facultad de Ciencias Económicas y Empresariales, Instituto Complutense de Análisis Económico.
- repec:eee:rensus:v:77:y:2017:i:c:p:636-651 is not listed on IDEAS
- Guerrero-Lemus, Ricardo & González-Díaz, Benjamín & Ríos, Gerardo & Dib, Ramzi N., 2015. "Study of the new Spanish legislation applied to an insular system that has achieved grid parity on PV and wind energy," Renewable and Sustainable Energy Reviews, Elsevier, vol. 49(C), pages 426-436.
- Raslavičius, Laurencas & Semenov, Vladimir G. & Chernova, Nadezhda I. & Keršys, Artūras & Kopeyka, Aleksandr K., 2014. "Producing transportation fuels from algae: In search of synergy," Renewable and Sustainable Energy Reviews, Elsevier, vol. 40(C), pages 133-142.
- deLlano-Paz, Fernando & Martínez Fernandez, Paulino & Soares, Isabel, 2016. "Addressing 2030 EU policy framework for energy and climate: Cost, risk and energy security issues," Energy, Elsevier, vol. 115(P2), pages 1347-1360.
- deLlano-Paz, Fernando & Calvo-Silvosa, Anxo & Iglesias Antelo, Susana & Soares, Isabel, 2015. "The European low-carbon mix for 2030: The role of renewable energy sources in an environmentally and socially efficient approach," Renewable and Sustainable Energy Reviews, Elsevier, vol. 48(C), pages 49-61.
- Kitzing, Lena, 2014. "Risk implications of renewable support instruments: Comparative analysis of feed-in tariffs and premiums using a mean–variance approach," Energy, Elsevier, vol. 64(C), pages 495-505.
- Solaymani, Saeed & Kari, Fatimah, 2013. "Environmental and economic effects of high petroleum prices on transport sector," Energy, Elsevier, vol. 60(C), pages 435-441.
- Dedinec, Aleksandar & Markovska, Natasa & Taseska, Verica & Duic, Neven & Kanevce, Gligor, 2013. "Assessment of climate change mitigation potential of the Macedonian transport sector," Energy, Elsevier, vol. 57(C), pages 177-187.
- Liu, Ming-Lei & Ji, Qiang & Fan, Ying, 2013. "How does oil market uncertainty interact with other markets? An empirical analysis of implied volatility index," Energy, Elsevier, vol. 55(C), pages 860-868.
More about this item
KeywordsFuel costs; road sector; efficiency frontiers; mean-variance analysis.;
NEP fieldsThis paper has been announced in the following NEP Reports:
- NEP-ALL-2012-07-23 (All new papers)
- NEP-ENE-2012-07-23 (Energy Economics)
- NEP-ENV-2012-07-23 (Environmental Economics)
- NEP-TRE-2012-07-23 (Transport Economics)
StatisticsAccess and download statistics
All material on this site has been provided by the respective publishers and authors. You can help correct errors and omissions. When requesting a correction, please mention this item's handle: RePEc:ucm:doicae:1218. See general information about how to correct material in RePEc.
For technical questions regarding this item, or to correct its authors, title, abstract, bibliographic or download information, contact: (Águeda González Abad). General contact details of provider: http://edirc.repec.org/data/feucmes.html .
If you have authored this item and are not yet registered with RePEc, we encourage you to do it here. This allows to link your profile to this item. It also allows you to accept potential citations to this item that we are uncertain about.
If you know of missing items citing this one, you can help us creating those links by adding the relevant references in the same way as above, for each refering item. If you are a registered author of this item, you may also want to check the "citations" tab in your RePEc Author Service profile, as there may be some citations waiting for confirmation.
Please note that corrections may take a couple of weeks to filter through the various RePEc services.