Paying for the Welfare State in the European Periphery
Download full text from publisher
References listed on IDEAS
- Jonathan Di John, 2006. "The Political Economy of Taxation and Tax Reform in Developing Countries," WIDER Working Paper Series RP2006-74, World Institute for Development Economic Research (UNU-WIDER).
- Castles, Francis G., 2004. "The Future of the Welfare State: Crisis Myths and Crisis Realities," OUP Catalogue, Oxford University Press, number 9780199273928.
- Frank Barry, 2003. "Economic Integration and Convergence Processes in the EU Cohesion Countries," Journal of Common Market Studies, Wiley Blackwell, vol. 41(5), pages 897-921, December.
- Swank, Duane, 2006. "Tax Policy in an Era of Internationalization: Explaining the Spread of Neoliberalism," International Organization, Cambridge University Press, vol. 60(4), pages 847-882, October.
- Sebastian Dellepiane & Niamh Hardiman, 2011. "Governing the Irish Economy: A Triple Crisis," Working Papers 201103, Geary Institute, University College Dublin.
- Tarschys, Daniel, 1988. "Tributes, Tariffs, Taxes and Trade: The Changing Sources of Government Revenue," British Journal of Political Science, Cambridge University Press, vol. 18(1), pages 1-20, January.
- Beramendi, Pablo & Rueda, David, 2007. "Social Democracy Constrained: Indirect Taxation in Industrialized Democracies," British Journal of Political Science, Cambridge University Press, vol. 37(4), pages 619-641, October.
- Tanzi, Vito & Zee, Howell H., 2000. "Tax Policy for Emerging Markets: Developing Countries," National Tax Journal, National Tax Association;National Tax Journal, vol. 53(2), pages 299-322, June.
- Sebastian Dellepiane & Niamh Hardiman, 2012. "Fiscal Politics In Time: Pathways to Fiscal Consolidation, 1980-2012," Working Papers 201228, Geary Institute, University College Dublin.
More about this item
Keywordspolitics of taxation; European periphery; economic sociology; fiscal sociology; Spain; Ireland;
- E62 - Macroeconomics and Monetary Economics - - Macroeconomic Policy, Macroeconomic Aspects of Public Finance, and General Outlook - - - Fiscal Policy
- H20 - Public Economics - - Taxation, Subsidies, and Revenue - - - General
- Z13 - Other Special Topics - - Cultural Economics - - - Economic Sociology; Economic Anthropology; Language; Social and Economic Stratification
- Z18 - Other Special Topics - - Cultural Economics - - - Public Policy
NEP fieldsThis paper has been announced in the following NEP Reports:
StatisticsAccess and download statistics
All material on this site has been provided by the respective publishers and authors. You can help correct errors and omissions. When requesting a correction, please mention this item's handle: RePEc:ucd:wpaper:201520. See general information about how to correct material in RePEc.
For technical questions regarding this item, or to correct its authors, title, abstract, bibliographic or download information, contact: (Geary Tech). General contact details of provider: http://edirc.repec.org/data/geucdie.html .
If you have authored this item and are not yet registered with RePEc, we encourage you to do it here. This allows to link your profile to this item. It also allows you to accept potential citations to this item that we are uncertain about.
If you know of missing items citing this one, you can help us creating those links by adding the relevant references in the same way as above, for each refering item. If you are a registered author of this item, you may also want to check the "citations" tab in your RePEc Author Service profile, as there may be some citations waiting for confirmation.
Please note that corrections may take a couple of weeks to filter through the various RePEc services.