Tax Competition for FDI in Central-European Countries
Most governments of the Central and East European countries adopted in 1990s tax measures for a support of foreign direct investments. Such measures usually include 10-year tax holidays and exemption from import duties. They are mostly accompanied by grants for building an infrastructure and creation of new jobs. As our data indicate and the statistical test has proved, the incentives are effective in attracting new FDI to the countries. However there are some indicators that a tax competition between the CEE countries exists.
|Date of creation:||2002|
|Date of revision:|
|Contact details of provider:|| Postal: |
Phone: +49 (89) 9224-0
Fax: +49 (89) 985369
Web page: http://www.cesifo.de
More information through EDIRC
References listed on IDEAS
Please report citation or reference errors to , or , if you are the registered author of the cited work, log in to your RePEc Author Service profile, click on "citations" and make appropriate adjustments.:
- Howell H. Zee & Vito Tanzi, 2000.
"Tax Policy for Emerging Markets; Developing Countries,"
IMF Working Papers
00/35, International Monetary Fund.
- Tanzi, Vito & Zee, Howell H., 2000. "Tax Policy for Emerging Markets: Developing Countries," National Tax Journal, National Tax Association, vol. 53(n. 2), pages 299-322, June.
- Black, Dan A & Hoyt, William H, 1989. "Bidding for Firms," American Economic Review, American Economic Association, vol. 79(5), pages 1249-56, December.
- Patrick Lenain & Leszek Bartoszuk, 2000. "The Polish Tax Reform," OECD Economics Department Working Papers 234, OECD Publishing.
- Wilson, John Douglas, 1999. "Theories of Tax Competition," National Tax Journal, National Tax Association, vol. 52(n. 2), pages 269-304, June.
When requesting a correction, please mention this item's handle: RePEc:ces:ceswps:_647. See general information about how to correct material in RePEc.
For technical questions regarding this item, or to correct its authors, title, abstract, bibliographic or download information, contact: (Julio Saavedra)
If references are entirely missing, you can add them using this form.