The Effect of Contracting Out Low Performing Schools on Student Performance
Download full text from publisher
References listed on IDEAS
- Baker, George P, 1992. "Incentive Contracts and Performance Measurement," Journal of Political Economy, University of Chicago Press, vol. 100(3), pages 598-614, June.
- Atila Abdulkadiroğlu & Joshua D. Angrist & Peter D. Hull & Parag A. Pathak, 2016.
"Charters without Lotteries: Testing Takeovers in New Orleans and Boston,"
American Economic Review, American Economic Association, vol. 106(7), pages 1878-1920, July.
- Atila Abdulkadiroğlu & Joshua D. Angrist & Peter D. Hull & Parag A. Pathak, 2014. "Charters Without Lotteries: Testing Takeovers in New Orleans and Boston," NBER Working Papers 20792, National Bureau of Economic Research, Inc.
- Abdulkadiroglu, Atila & Angrist, Joshua & Hull, Peter D. & Pathak, Parag A., 2015. "Charters Without Lotteries: Testing Takeovers in New Orleans and Boston," IZA Discussion Papers 8985, Institute of Labor Economics (IZA).
- Hanushek, Eric A. & Kain, John F. & Rivkin, Steven G., 2004.
"Disruption versus Tiebout improvement: the costs and benefits of switching schools,"
Journal of Public Economics, Elsevier, vol. 88(9-10), pages 1721-1746, August.
- Eric A. Hanushek & John F. Kain & Steven G. Rivkin, 2001. "Disruption versus Tiebout Improvement: The Costs and Benefits of Switching Schools," NBER Working Papers 8479, National Bureau of Economic Research, Inc.
- Trevor L. Brown & Matthew Potoski, 2003. "Managing contract performance: A transaction costs approach," Journal of Policy Analysis and Management, John Wiley & Sons, Ltd., vol. 22(2), pages 275-297.
- Scott A. Imberman & Adriana D. Kugler & Bruce I. Sacerdote, 2012.
"Katrina's Children: Evidence on the Structure of Peer Effects from Hurricane Evacuees,"
American Economic Review, American Economic Association, vol. 102(5), pages 2048-2082, August.
- Scott Imberman & Adriana D. Kugler & Bruce Sacerdote, 2009. "Katrina's Children: Evidence on the Structure of Peer Effects from Hurricane Evacuees," NBER Working Papers 15291, National Bureau of Economic Research, Inc.
- Janet Rothenberg Pack, 1987. "Privatization of public-sector services in theory and practice," Journal of Policy Analysis and Management, John Wiley & Sons, Ltd., vol. 6(4), pages 523-540.
- Brummet, Quentin, 2014. "The effect of school closings on student achievement," Journal of Public Economics, Elsevier, vol. 119(C), pages 108-124.
- Larsen, Matthew F., 2020. "Does closing schools close doors? The effect of high school closings on achievement and attainment," Economics of Education Review, Elsevier, vol. 76(C).
- Becker, Edmund R & Sloan, Frank A, 1985. "Hospital Ownership and Performance," Economic Inquiry, Western Economic Association International, vol. 23(1), pages 21-36, January.
More about this item
Keywordslow-performing schools; school quality; school closures;
- H40 - Public Economics - - Publicly Provided Goods - - - General
- I21 - Health, Education, and Welfare - - Education - - - Analysis of Education
- I28 - Health, Education, and Welfare - - Education - - - Government Policy
- I24 - Health, Education, and Welfare - - Education - - - Education and Inequality
NEP fieldsThis paper has been announced in the following NEP Reports:
- NEP-EDU-2015-11-01 (Education)
StatisticsAccess and download statistics
All material on this site has been provided by the respective publishers and authors. You can help correct errors and omissions. When requesting a correction, please mention this item's handle: RePEc:tul:wpaper:1521. See general information about how to correct material in RePEc.
For technical questions regarding this item, or to correct its authors, title, abstract, bibliographic or download information, contact: (Valentina Martinez Pabon). General contact details of provider: http://edirc.repec.org/data/detulus.html .
If you have authored this item and are not yet registered with RePEc, we encourage you to do it here. This allows to link your profile to this item. It also allows you to accept potential citations to this item that we are uncertain about.
If you know of missing items citing this one, you can help us creating those links by adding the relevant references in the same way as above, for each refering item. If you are a registered author of this item, you may also want to check the "citations" tab in your RePEc Author Service profile, as there may be some citations waiting for confirmation.
Please note that corrections may take a couple of weeks to filter through the various RePEc services.