Identification and Estimation by Penalization in Nonparametric Instrumental Regression
The nonparametric estimation of a regression function x from conditional moment restrictions involving instrumental variables is considered. The rate of convergence of penalized estimators is studied in the case where x is not identified from the conditional moment restriction. We also study the gain of modifying the penalty in the estimation, considering for instance a Sobolev-type of penalty. We analyze the effect of this modification on the rate of convergence of the estimator and on the identification of the regression function x.
(This abstract was borrowed from another version of this item.)
|Date of creation:||Aug 2009|
|Date of revision:|
|Contact details of provider:|| Phone: (+33) 5 61 12 86 23|
Web page: http://www.tse-fr.eu/
More information through EDIRC
Please report citation or reference errors to , or , if you are the registered author of the cited work, log in to your RePEc Author Service profile, click on "citations" and make appropriate adjustments.:
- Florens, Jean-Pierre & Johannes, Jan & Van Bellegem, Sébastien, 2009.
"Instrumental Regression in Partially Linear Models,"
IDEI Working Papers
613, Institut d'Économie Industrielle (IDEI), Toulouse.
- Jean‐Pierre Florens & Jan Johannes & Sébastien Van Bellegem, 2012. "Instrumental regression in partially linear models," Econometrics Journal, Royal Economic Society, vol. 15(2), pages 304-324, 06.
- FLORENS, Jean-Pierre & JOHANNES, Jan & VAN BELLEGEM, SÃ©bastien, 2006. "Instrumental regression in partially linear models," CORE Discussion Papers 2006025, Université catholique de Louvain, Center for Operations Research and Econometrics (CORE).
- Florens, Jean-Pierre & Johannes, Jan & Van Bellegem, Sébastien, 2009. "Instrumental Regression in Partially Linear Models," TSE Working Papers 10-167, Toulouse School of Economics (TSE).
- P. Gagliardini & O. Scaillet, 2006. "Tikhonov Regularization for Functional Minimum Distance Estimators," Swiss Finance Institute Research Paper Series 06-30, Swiss Finance Institute, revised Nov 2006.
When requesting a correction, please mention this item's handle: RePEc:tse:wpaper:22276. See general information about how to correct material in RePEc.
For technical questions regarding this item, or to correct its authors, title, abstract, bibliographic or download information, contact: ()
If references are entirely missing, you can add them using this form.