Identification and estimation by penalization in nonparametric instrumental regression
The nonparametric estimation of a regression function x from conditional moment restrictions involving instrumental variables is considered. The rate of convergence of penalized estimators is studied in the case where x is not identified from the conditional moment restriction. We also study the gain of modifying the penalty in the estimation, considering for instance a Sobolev-type of penalty. We analyze the effect of this modification on the rate of convergence of the estimator and on the identification of the regression function x.
|Date of creation:||01 Oct 2007|
|Date of revision:|
|Contact details of provider:|| Postal: Voie du Roman Pays 34, 1348 Louvain-la-Neuve (Belgium)|
Fax: +32 10474304
Web page: http://www.uclouvain.be/core
More information through EDIRC
References listed on IDEAS
Please report citation or reference errors to , or , if you are the registered author of the cited work, log in to your RePEc Author Service profile, click on "citations" and make appropriate adjustments.:
- Jean‐Pierre Florens & Jan Johannes & Sébastien Van Bellegem, 2012.
"Instrumental regression in partially linear models,"
Royal Economic Society, vol. 15(2), pages 304-324, 06.
- Florens, Jean-Pierre & Johannes, Jan & Van Bellegem, Sébastien, 2009. "Instrumental Regression in Partially Linear Models," TSE Working Papers 10-167, Toulouse School of Economics (TSE).
- FLORENS, Jean-Pierre & JOHANNES, Jan & VAN BELLEGEM, Sébastien, 2006. "Instrumental regression in partially linear models," CORE Discussion Papers 2006025, Université catholique de Louvain, Center for Operations Research and Econometrics (CORE).
- Florens, Jean-Pierre & Johannes, Jan & Van Bellegem, Sébastien, 2009. "Instrumental Regression in Partially Linear Models," IDEI Working Papers 613, Institut d'Économie Industrielle (IDEI), Toulouse.
- P. Gagliardini & O. Scaillet, 2006. "Tikhonov Regularization for Functional Minimum Distance Estimators," Swiss Finance Institute Research Paper Series 06-30, Swiss Finance Institute, revised Nov 2006.
When requesting a correction, please mention this item's handle: RePEc:cor:louvco:2007085. See general information about how to correct material in RePEc.
For technical questions regarding this item, or to correct its authors, title, abstract, bibliographic or download information, contact: (Alain GILLIS)
If references are entirely missing, you can add them using this form.