Domestic Market Power in the International Airline Industry
Download full text from publisher
References listed on IDEAS
- Connan Snider & Jonathan W. Williams, 2015. "Barriers to Entry in the Airline Industry: A Multidimensional Regression-Discontinuity Analysis of AIR-21," The Review of Economics and Statistics, MIT Press, vol. 97(5), pages 1002-1022, December.
- Mara Lederman, 2007. "Do enhancements to loyalty programs affect demand? The impact of international frequent flyer partnerships on domestic airline demand," RAND Journal of Economics, RAND Corporation, vol. 38(4), pages 1134-1158, December.
- Bart J. Bronnenberg & Jean-Pierre H. Dube & Matthew Gentzkow, 2012.
"The Evolution of Brand Preferences: Evidence from Consumer Migration,"
American Economic Review,
American Economic Association, vol. 102(6), pages 2472-2508, October.
- Bart J. Bronnenberg & Jean-Pierre H. Dube & Matthew Gentzkow, 2010. "The Evolution of Brand Preferences: Evidence from Consumer Migration," NBER Working Papers 16267, National Bureau of Economic Research, Inc.
- Brueckner, Jan K. & Lee, Darin & Singer, Ethan S., 2013. "Airline competition and domestic US airfares: A comprehensivereappraisal," Economics of Transportation, Elsevier, vol. 2(1), pages 1-17.
- Severin Borenstein, 1989. "Hubs and High Fares: Dominance and Market Power in the U.S. Airline Industry," RAND Journal of Economics, The RAND Corporation, vol. 20(3), pages 344-365, Autumn.
- Schmalensee, Richard, 1982.
"Product Differentiation Advantages of Pioneering Brands,"
American Economic Review,
American Economic Association, vol. 72(3), pages 349-365, June.
- Schmalensee, Richard., 1980. "Product differentiation advantages of pioneering brands," Working papers 1140-80., Massachusetts Institute of Technology (MIT), Sloan School of Management.
- Ishii, Jun & Jun, Sunyoung & Van Dender, Kurt, 2009. "Air travel choices in multi-airport markets," Journal of Urban Economics, Elsevier, vol. 65(2), pages 216-227, March.
- Lijesen, Mark G. & Rietveld, Piet & Nijkamp, Peter, 2001. "Hub premiums in European civil aviation," Transport Policy, Elsevier, vol. 8(3), pages 193-199, July.
- A. Colin Cameron & Douglas L. Miller, 2015. "A Practitioner’s Guide to Cluster-Robust Inference," Journal of Human Resources, University of Wisconsin Press, vol. 50(2), pages 317-372.
- Berry, Steven T, 1990. "Airport Presence as Product Differentiation," American Economic Review, American Economic Association, vol. 80(2), pages 394-399, May.
- Bart J. Bronnenberg & Sanjay K. Dhar & Jean-Pierre H. DubÃ©, 2009. "Brand History, Geography, and the Persistence of Brand Shares," Journal of Political Economy, University of Chicago Press, vol. 117(1), pages 87-115, February.
- Van Dender, Kurt, 2007. "Determinants of fares and operating revenues at US airports," Journal of Urban Economics, Elsevier, vol. 62(2), pages 317-336, September.
- Volodymyr Bilotkach, 2007. "Asymmetric Regulation and Airport Dominance in International Aviation: Evidence from the London-new York Market," Southern Economic Journal, Southern Economic Association, vol. 74(2), pages 505-523, October.
- Bachis, Enrico & Piga, Claudio A., 2011. "Low-cost airlines and online price dispersion," International Journal of Industrial Organization, Elsevier, vol. 29(6), pages 655-667.
- Mara Lederman, 2008. "Are Frequent-Flyer Programs a Cause of the "Hub Premium"?," Journal of Economics & Management Strategy, Wiley Blackwell, vol. 17(1), pages 35-66, March.
- Greenfield, Daniel, 2014. "Competition and service quality: New evidence from the airline industry," Economics of Transportation, Elsevier, vol. 3(1), pages 80-89.
- Federico Ciliberto & Jonathan W. Williams, 2010.
"Limited Access to Airport Facilities and Market Power in the Airline Industry,"
Journal of Law and Economics,
University of Chicago Press, vol. 53(3), pages 467-495.
- Ciliberto, Federico & Williams, Jonathan, 2009. "Limited Access to Airport Facilities and Market Power in the Airline Industry," MPRA Paper 24889, University Library of Munich, Germany.
- Evans, William N & Kessides, Ioannis N, 1993. "Localized Market Power in the U.S. Airline Industry," The Review of Economics and Statistics, MIT Press, vol. 75(1), pages 66-75, February.
- de Wit, Jaap G., 2014. "Unlevel playing field? Ah yes, you mean protectionism," Journal of Air Transport Management, Elsevier, vol. 41(C), pages 22-29.
More about this item
Keywordsmarket power; airline competition; price discrimination; international aviation;
- L11 - Industrial Organization - - Market Structure, Firm Strategy, and Market Performance - - - Production, Pricing, and Market Structure; Size Distribution of Firms
- L13 - Industrial Organization - - Market Structure, Firm Strategy, and Market Performance - - - Oligopoly and Other Imperfect Markets
- L93 - Industrial Organization - - Industry Studies: Transportation and Utilities - - - Air Transportation
- R40 - Urban, Rural, Regional, Real Estate, and Transportation Economics - - Transportation Economics - - - General
NEP fieldsThis paper has been announced in the following NEP Reports:
- NEP-ALL-2017-07-02 (All new papers)
- NEP-COM-2017-07-02 (Industrial Competition)
- NEP-MKT-2017-07-02 (Marketing)
- NEP-TRE-2017-07-02 (Transport Economics)
StatisticsAccess and download statistics
All material on this site has been provided by the respective publishers and authors. You can help correct errors and omissions. When requesting a correction, please mention this item's handle: RePEc:tin:wpaper:20170009. See general information about how to correct material in RePEc.
For technical questions regarding this item, or to correct its authors, title, abstract, bibliographic or download information, contact: (Tinbergen Office +31 (0)10-4088900). General contact details of provider: http://edirc.repec.org/data/tinbenl.html .